Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Sid on November 04, 2011, 06:55:08 PM
There is no way you can get him to excep/excep Q.
Looking at his wage he's only just spec/spec and being 26 :(
For Wilmink to be a chance for the WC next time around, the manager wants me to get him a level of Batting and Technique, and he's 26 already :-\. It's a very tough ask if you want to get two levels at 26, with one more likely :-\.

Bazinga

Definitely not possible at his age Q. It took my 23yo 15 weeks to get from outs to spec - and that was in a luxurious academy. You will be lucky to get one primary pop in 2 seasons with a 26yo/27yo.

Master Q

So should I keep him on Bowling or just make him a Secondary God?

AFEV

Quote from: Master Q on November 04, 2011, 09:14:36 PM
IMHO there is no point in training primaries. The road from spec to excep is very long, and at his age...I'd go secondaries.

Bazinga

Quote from: Sid on November 04, 2011, 11:55:05 PM
Quote from: Master Q on November 04, 2011, 09:14:36 PM
IMHO there is no point in training primaries. The road from spec to excep is very long, and at his age...I'd go secondaries.
+1. Everything Alex said. You will be wasting your time training primaries at his age - plus I don't see a problem with having awesome secondaries.

Maca24

Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2011, 07:09:24 PM
For Wilmink to be a chance for the WC next time around, the manager wants me to get him a level of Batting and Technique, and he's 26 already :-\. It's a very tough ask if you want to get two levels at 26, with one more likely :-\.
Thats the dutch for you! They want even more from Lesnar  ::)

Cicjose

shouldn't they be happy with getting someone with outs/outs?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on November 05, 2011, 12:04:12 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on November 04, 2011, 07:09:24 PM
Thats the dutch for you! They want even more from Lesnar  ::)
I know, very unrealistic for Excep/Excep to tour the WC but don't mind if I can just go Power now as I've lifted it from Ordinary to Reliable in the season he's been with me (Yes, 4 levels of Power in a season) 8). I really doubt there is a point going to Excep/Excep at his age so I'd advise just go Power/Endurance for the club level Q (What Alex and Baz said). Lesnar is a freak but most NAT teams want Excep/Excep for their players :-\. Wilmink may only stick around because of Fielding and two talents, otherwise he'd be chopped due to low sub-levels for primaries.

Quote from: Cicjose on November 05, 2011, 12:15:47 AM
shouldn't they be happy with getting someone with outs/outs?
I'm more than Happy with an Outs/Outs player if their secondaries are great 8). But it depends on the standards you set (and how attached you become to your team :P).

Maca24

Lesnar is Excep/Excep :(
Nearly WC tech but no chance of getting bowling to wc..
Wilmink surely will get picked for World Cup? Is a jet at any level.

cookie311993

He isn't exactly a jet maca.  Gayle and your player have possibly more potential but his fielding is just amazing HP. Possibly a little high

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on November 05, 2011, 01:00:40 AM
Lesnar is Excep/Excep :(
Nearly WC tech but no chance of getting bowling to wc..
Wilmink surely will get picked for World Cup? Is a jet at any level.
I'd say Experience and secondaries a tad let down for him :-\. Wilmink probably won't make the WC at Spect/Spect as it'll likely take 3 seasons to get him to Excep/Excep at his age, which is what they require :(. I can only hope his secondaries + talent can carry him. If he can perform in friendlies, I can hope 8). Thanks Cookie but can never high enough Fielding ;). Wage isn't a killer either which I love :D.

Shame Lesnar still hasn't made it as an Excep/Excep!!! If you go flat out Primary training, WC/WC is a chance by WC but means his Endo and Fielding may be a tad low (Fielding could be alright for NAT level depending on their standards). WC/WC is hard to come by but Excep/Excep should be enough to maybe find a play in the squad.

Maca24

Hope so HP! :)
I know skippy rates endo, so I will be getting endo and fielding to accom. Then maybe tech to WC.

cookie311993

Maca don't worry about nat for him.  You were struggling with his current wage let alone world class

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Maca24 on November 05, 2011, 01:30:43 AM
Hope so HP! :)
I know skippy rates endo, so I will be getting endo and fielding to accom. Then maybe tech to WC.
I prefer secondaries as well. Hopefully Lesnar can get to that standard :D.

WC wages are 20k+. They are a killer on the budget :-\.

Master Q