Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

It is still on improving++ and will remain so until the end of next season. I should be superior either this week or next I think. If I can get somehow manage to get out of the relegation zone for SOD then I will be receiving Division 1 sponsorship for SOD/T20 so should make a nice profit each week despite my massive wages.

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on September 09, 2011, 10:11:12 AM
Quote from: Bazinga on September 09, 2011, 10:04:40 AM
Wow Fletch you are going to have an awesome young squad for the next few seasons  :)
What a rivalry it will be then between us ;)

It sure will be   :)  we have already had some quality matches so far. We should both have gun sides in 3 or 4 seasons   :)

cookie311993

you should be able to easily afford improving++ if you stick in div 1. Gate takings will continue to rise for you though

8-6 Suited

Yeah I will be fine. Wouldn't mind an absolute beast 1mill + youth pull though haha

Bazinga

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 09, 2011, 10:50:18 AM
you should be able to easily afford improving++ if you stick in div 1. Gate takings will continue to rise for you though

Why would gate takings continue to rise? If he gets 20yo's into his squad his performances will drop and therefore less supporters will come to games, meaning lower gate takings  ???

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 09, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
Yeah I will be fine. Wouldn't mind an absolute beast 1mill + youth pull though haha

Wouldn't we all   :P  then we could all have 3 or 4 GUN 20yo prospects like Fletch  :o

cookie311993

haha i think everyone would be keen to get one of those early next season. With no wages at EOS that will help you  money wise shaggy

valkorum

My 2 development players popped this week plus the experience of a best xi so a nice week

P Jackson - Endurance to Average
P Jackson - Tech to Accomplished (he is my 20yo keeper-batsman)
S Msipha - Tech to Accomplished (he is my 21yo all-rounder)

Fletch74

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 09, 2011, 10:51:58 AM
We'd all like that.... Once you reach Lavish, you can't invest past improving+

I'm keeping my Lavish SA on improving for the ime being and getting my YA up to lavish now, as I believe there is some benefit there. It will be excellent next Monday.

The benefit I believe is to be able to get a decent pull and then off sell them when they reach 20, or to be able to buy some decent 16yo's as well, then off sell them when they become seniors if they don't fit into my squad plans. I think it's actually a good way to build up some decent cash.

8-6 Suited

Yeah I will just go to Lavish I think. Might keep it improving + for lux but no more. Not keen on deluxe just yet.

Bazinga

I'm not keen on deluxe either. I haven't noticed a huge increase in training since I got to Superior, so I think the effect of a deluxe academy is minimal. I'm now investing improving++ into my youths   :)

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Bazinga on September 09, 2011, 11:13:03 AM
I'm not keen on deluxe either. I haven't noticed a huge increase in training since I got to Superior, so I think the effect of a deluxe academy is minimal. I'm now investing improving++ into my youths   :)

So you are saying then I should stay at superior senior?

I am also on improving++ into my youths.

Bazinga

I guess it depends on whether you intend on fully training your younger players for the long term. If you are only going to sell them off after one season I don't see any point going past superior.

8-6 Suited

Well no, I was going to keep the young ones that I buy at the end of this season and sell off my oldies at the end of the next season. That way I get a season developing them and they will play in my SOD/T20 while my oldies PC run.

Bazinga

If you are going to keep the young players, I would go to either lavish or luxurious if you can so you get the full benefit of training over the long term. It's a personal preference. Like I said, there isn't a great deal of difference between superior/lavish/luxurious but it will be significant enough if training players over a 7/8 season period.

Master Q

Date   Player Name   Skill   From   To
08 Sep 2011   Archer Morrison   Experience   average   reasonable
08 Sep 2011   Richard Reid   Keeping   poor   dreadful
08 Sep 2011   William Alleyne   Endurance   reasonable   capable
08 Sep 2011   Peter Whitting   Technique   reliable   accomplished

:D

All in my XI except for Reid who is my oldie project  :P