Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8-6 Suited

Pretty sure cookie is right on this one, as I am sure I have heard the ~20 week mentioned in regards to the training as well.  Which is largely why I am an advocate of the Spec/Spec with high power from a younger age.

cookie311993

I am pretty sure i heard it from someone which turned me off trying to get Lostwalleti to play nats as they wanted him to be except/except. It might have been in the garage association i heard it

Cicjose

Mark Richards endo cap-->reli

roo boys!

01 Sep 2011   Shaggy Chiba   Experience   reliable   accomplished
01 Sep 2011   Ryan Bastinac   Technique   outstanding   spectacular
01 Sep 2011   Shaggy Chiba   Endurance   accomplished   expert
01 Sep 2011   Tom Stevenson   Endurance   reliable   accomplished

Stevenson I want to keep now.

Chiba you are a champion. Now just pop in fielding and I'll luv u :P

And....

BASTIIIIIIIII!!!!! (ex Teakles, what a gun :D)

Maca24

Quote from: Bazinga on September 02, 2011, 12:51:05 PM
Quote from: Fletch74 on September 02, 2011, 12:27:31 PM
That's unlucky re Cartwright Baz. That's why I'm so lucky with Jirongo and Tikolo (Kenya), as well as Fitzgerald (Ireland) who should be able to walk in to their respective NAT sides.

Quote from: cookie311993 on September 02, 2011, 12:02:59 PM
good luck with that baz it may take awhile given spec/spec still has to be reached and then it is ~ approximately 20 weeks of training to reach except
That is arguable cookie, as it depends on your academy, plus the increase in skill level is linear, isn't it?. It will take the same number of weeks to pop to excep/excep as it would for any skill level, wouldn't it?
Training actually starts to gradually get slower once outstanding level is reached. The decrease is very minor, but I have noticed a slight drop in training points the more a player trains past the initial outstanding pop. I still haven't trained a player to spectacular yet, so i can't comment on how much slower training is once this level is reached.

Cookie is correct when he says that it will take longer to get to excep/excep than previous levels, as training is slower, but I'm not sure if 20 weeks is accurate.
From my experiences, it's quite a while longer to get to Exceptional compared to Spectacular.
Lesnar is taking a hell of a long time to Excep, where as it didn't take me as long to train McKintosh to Spectacular..

PowerBug

How do people get a certain skills to legendary then. Must take a bloody long time.

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 08:19:29 PM
How do people get a certain skills to legendary then. Must take a bloody long time.
I have never seen a player with a lengendary skill, whether that be a secondary or a primary.

Master Q

Date   Player Name   Skill   From   To
01 Sep 2011   Harry Wainwright   Experience   ordinary   average
01 Sep 2011   Richard Reid   Batting   reasonable   average
01 Sep 2011   Dennis Hemming   Endurance   accomplished   expert
01 Sep 2011   Chenzira Mwangi   Technique   reliable   accomplished
01 Sep 2011   Harry Wainwright   Fielding   ordinary   average

Great Pops  :) 4 in my XI and Reid is my 34 y.o experiment. Plop for him  :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Maca24 on September 02, 2011, 08:21:39 PM
I have never seen a player with a lengendary skill, whether that be a secondary or a primary.
Ok. It's just there for the looks. I'm sure someone has a legendary skill somwhere, but has his skills hidden.

Maca24

Quote from: PowerBug on September 02, 2011, 09:05:36 PM
Ok. It's just there for the looks. I'm sure someone has a legendary skill somwhere, but has his skills hidden.
probably but its extremely rare. Basically as you said it's just for looks.
Exceptional is the highest people tend to go, sometimes world class in a secondary.

MajorLazer

Get ready for Babb then. ;)

8-6 Suited

Quote from: Maca24 on September 02, 2011, 09:08:59 PM
Exceptional is the highest people tend to go, sometimes world class in a secondary.

I can tell you now that the only legendary skill I have seen is fielding. No one will ever get to legendary in a primary however.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 02, 2011, 10:00:47 PM

I can tell you now that the only legendary skill I have seen is fielding. No one will ever get to legendary in a primary however.
So he would have made 100% of catches yes?

8-6 Suited

Doubt it. He had no experience and nothing else. :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on September 02, 2011, 10:00:47 PM
I've seen Fielding and Endurance (seperate players of course). But their primaries are quite bad considering they train in just that skill for most of their career.

I might go Moser to World Class/Elite Endurance considering he's already at Exceptional at 27. Possible to get another pop by the end of this season?