Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrisuzz

hopefully! doubt it though haha

Bazinga

Quote from: Fletch74 on August 15, 2011, 11:27:51 PM
Nice pops above ::) Well done Baz ;) Surely you will stop spending on your academies now??

Nope Fletch .. I am on a Deluxe mission now  :P

Some terrible pops for you Zz .. especially Padman   :P   What a Jet   :)

valkorum

Some nice pops for me

H Howell - Bowling to Reliable
S Ibraheem - Batting to Reliable
K Mackay - Tech to Reliable

PowerBug

15 Aug 2011    Ernest Crosthwaite    Experience    atrocious    dreadful
15 Aug 2011    Blair Forsaith    Experience    atrocious    dreadful
15 Aug 2011    Alfred Kimmince    Power    atrocious    dreadful
15 Aug 2011    Edgar Medford    Power    dreadful    poor
15 Aug 2011    Edgar Medford    Endurance    poor    ordinary
15 Aug 2011    Heinrich Herbert    Bowling    ordinary    average
15 Aug 2011    Matthew Searle    Power    dreadful    poor
15 Aug 2011    William Southam    Fielding    ordinary    average

Nice pops.

cookie311993

PB why are you training power with youths so early. I dont train power for any youths well cause my youths are shower. Cf, HP and the other high youth academies might as their players will have better skills.

PowerBug

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 16, 2011, 11:15:12 AM
PB why are you training power with youths so early. I dont train power for any youths well cause my youths are shower. Cf, HP and the other high youth academies might as their players will have better skills.
Yeah, i realised that mistake. I just let them pop first, now i've stopped completly.

cookie311993

yeah that is the wasted training. Unless they are gun and gonna play nats then dont worry bout strength and fitness, just primaries and fielding

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 16, 2011, 11:31:28 AM
yeah that is the wasted training. Unless they are gun and gonna play nats then dont worry bout strength and fitness, just primaries and fielding
You do need to do a bit of fitness Cookie. I wouldn't rule out fitness. In RL, youths may not have the body for strength, but for fitness, they do. That is what Youth training is based on.

Quote from: valkorum on August 16, 2011, 10:16:45 AM
Some nice pops for me

H Howell - Bowling to Reliable
S Ibraheem - Batting to Reliable
K Mackay - Tech to Reliable
Very nice pops there Valk

I'm so jealous of you with Padman Zz. I have a couple of 17yo spinners who are avg/avg with avg secondaries, who I hope can reach that level by 19

cookie311993

yeah but fletch no matter what training you do you gain endurance rating points. Only if it is atrocious or really bad should you need to train fitness

Fletch74

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 16, 2011, 01:19:32 PM
yeah but fletch no matter what training you do you gain endurance rating points. Only if it is atrocious or really bad should you need to train fitness
Yes, but it takes a very long time. Doesn't hurt to get endo up to average. That's what I do with all my youths

cookie311993

yeah your academy is better than mine though so your players can be better . My academy is shower and most players reflect that

chrisuzz

thanks guys, on topic with all this, cookie im gonna train Padman for atleast 1 or 2 power pops, then leave it for around 5 seasons

cookie311993

what is it atm zz? TBh i am kinda surprised that he didnt get picked to go on tour for Sri lanka. His experience and skills have him as a good player at this time of year

chrisuzz

ordinary, weakest of all his skills, trained it for a while last seasona nd should be ready to pop now

CrowsFan

Quote from: cookie311993 on August 16, 2011, 11:15:12 AM
Don't think I have ever trained strength training on youths. I have done fitness training and gotten power pops though...