Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

Quote from: pyronerd on June 06, 2011, 09:04:36 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 06, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
Thanks guys. Great effort Baz to get to lavish  :o
Might save some EOS money for academies if I can. Although Im not looking at tonnes of prize money..
so will i, i dont need any replacement players next season, so ill be able to spend all my money on acadamies, and maybe a stadium uipgrade to 8000
Very lucky Pyro. I need to replace 3-4 players. Stadium upgrade seems out of reach for a while as I have 6500 seats and I dont fill up very often.

DazBurg

well i got no one to replace stadium at 10,000
and still 168k in the bank after pumping 5k over improving plus on senior for like 8 weeks and youth the last 2 ontop of that :)

pyronerd

Quote from: Maca24 on June 06, 2011, 09:09:35 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on June 06, 2011, 09:04:36 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 06, 2011, 09:03:30 PM
Thanks guys. Great effort Baz to get to lavish  :o
Might save some EOS money for academies if I can. Although Im not looking at tonnes of prize money..
so will i, i dont need any replacement players next season, so ill be able to spend all my money on acadamies, and maybe a stadium uipgrade to 8000
Very lucky Pyro. I need to replace 3-4 players. Stadium upgrade seems out of reach for a while as I have 6500 seats and I dont fill up very often.
really :o i filled up against a bot the other day for a SOD match, and im expecting to promote in all leagues to div 5 so ill be pulling bigger crowds more often (unless i get really unlucky with my leagues im in)

Maca24

Well Im in Div 4 and my leagues are Div 2 quality atleast. 188K, 179K, 170K plus myself (173K)

pyronerd

Quote from: Maca24 on June 06, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
Well Im in Div 4 and my leagues are Div 2 quality atleast. 188K, 179K, 170K plus myself (173K)
wow :o tbh id rather be in a tougher league, makes for more interesting matches ;)

Maca24

Quote from: pyronerd on June 06, 2011, 09:43:32 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on June 06, 2011, 09:42:11 PM
wow :o tbh id rather be in a tougher league, makes for more interesting matches ;)
Yeh its good, although Im not going to promote in SOD  ::)

Bazinga

Great to see a lot of academies doing well at the moment. Sets up the future for some awesome FF FTP teams  :)

I think I will get my SA to Luxurious then start investing in youths next season. Hopefully I will be able to invest on improving++ with my YA and still break even. I only have one more senior batsman to buy for my team to be complete, then I will look for decent 18/19yr olds to be competitive in my youth league next season.

Justin Bieber

Very nice pops all and Baz :o. Lavish Seniors is AWESOME! Just need some good young-ish Seniors coming through to make it worthwhile 8).

Seeing as your Youth Academy is Meagre, guess that's how you afford the cash :P. A good plan though with Youths to follow next season.

Pops weren't AWESOME but solid.
Drayton to Capable Technique. Pretty handy for a Medium Prodigy.
Scott to Average Fielding. Rel/Rel 19 y.o Medium who's fighting for a spot in Seniors next season :-\.
Aparo to Ordinary Fielding. Project 16 y.o.
Jeffreys to Ordinary Fielding. As above.
Smart to Ordinary Experience. Rea/Rea 17 y.o Wristy recruited earlier this season and proving pretty handy 8).
Currie to Rerasonable Experience. Currie and Morgan Jr. look to be ready made players for my seniors with their experience at the levels (if not higher) of guys with 2-4 more seasons of experience.

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on June 07, 2011, 12:38:45 AM
Very nice pops all and Baz :o. Lavish Seniors is AWESOME! Just need some good young-ish Seniors coming through to make it worthwhile 8).

Seeing as your Youth Academy is Meagre, guess that's how you afford the cash :P. A good plan though with Youths to follow next season.

Scott to Average Fielding. Rel/Rel 19 y.o Medium who's fighting for a spot in Seniors next season :-\.
Smart to Ordinary Experience. Rea/Rea 17 y.o Wristy recruited earlier this season and proving pretty handy 8).
Currie to Rerasonable Experience. Currie and Morgan Jr. look to be ready made players for my seniors with their experience at the levels (if not higher) of guys with 2-4 more seasons of experience.

don't eed bad youths to afford i popped to superior SA and my youths is satisfactory but been on improving the whole time except the last two weeks had them both on 5k over improving ++ hoping for a double pop didn't get it so dropped the youth back down couldn't afford to keep doing 115,000 a week on academy's
so hoping the youths pop to good soon and with seniors still on 5k over improving ++ so hoping to sneak into lavish at EOS

Bazinga

Quote from: DazBurg on June 07, 2011, 08:46:28 AM

don't eed bad youths to afford i popped to superior SA and my youths is satisfactory but been on improving the whole time except the last two weeks had them both on 5k over improving ++ hoping for a double pop didn't get it so dropped the youth back down couldn't afford to keep doing 115,000 a week on academy's
so hoping the youths pop to good soon and with seniors still on 5k over improving ++ so hoping to sneak into lavish at EOS

Daz - I asked a question in the FTP forums about academy investment, and whether it was worthwhile investing above the lowest improving++ amount.

Quote from: BazingaI have a couple of questions regarding academies ...

1. Will my academy level increase further with higher than the lowset improving++ investment? i.e. am I wasting money if I invest more than the lowest improving++ amount?
2. Where is the ceiling when academies reach 'deluxe' ? i.e. do academies have the potential to increase further after reaching an initial deluxe level, or are they instantly 'maxed out' when deluxe is achieved?

The reason I ask these questions is for the purpose of not wasting excess cash into academy investment if I am not deriving any benefit from it.
This is the reply I got ..
Quote from: GM-deltronzero1. I wouldn't go past improving++ at the lowest level.  The speed increases past this, but it does hit a ceiling at some point, even though the money amount you can invest does not.
2. Deluxe is the higest you can go.  There are no sub levels of deluxe.

My advice is don't invest more than the lowest improving++ amount. If you do, the effect is minimal and you will be wasting money.

DazBurg

Quote from: Bazinga on June 07, 2011, 10:01:43 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on June 07, 2011, 08:46:28 AM

Daz - I asked a question in the FTP forums about academy investment, and whether it was worthwhile investing above the lowest improving++ amount.

Quote from: BazingaI have a couple of questions regarding academies ...

1. Will my academy level increase further with higher than the lowset improving++ investment? i.e. am I wasting money if I invest more than the lowest improving++ amount?
2. Where is the ceiling when academies reach 'deluxe' ? i.e. do academies have the potential to increase further after reaching an initial deluxe level, or are they instantly 'maxed out' when deluxe is achieved?

The reason I ask these questions is for the purpose of not wasting excess cash into academy investment if I am not deriving any benefit from it.
This is the reply I got ..
Quote from: GM-deltronzero1. I wouldn't go past improving++ at the lowest level.  The speed increases past this, but it does hit a ceiling at some point, even though the money amount you can invest does not.
2. Deluxe is the higest you can go.  There are no sub levels of deluxe.

My advice is don't invest more than the lowest improving++ amount. If you do, the effect is minimal and you will be wasting money.
really?
i thought they used to say 5k over improving ++ gives u a pop in 5 to 6 weeks or do u still get that on improving ++?

Bazinga

I've had a pop every 5 weeks and my senior academy investment has been set to the lowest improving++ amount since February. The extra $5k above the lowest improving++ amount does help, but it has a reduced rate of effect compared to the rest of your investment.

The advice given to me was not to invest higher than the lowest improving++ amount, or I would be wasting my money. But it's up to you if you want to see if the extra $5k helps with your academy improving quicker.

DazBurg

Quote from: Bazinga on June 08, 2011, 11:54:04 AM
I've had a pop every 5 weeks and my senior academy investment has been set to the lowest improving++ amount since February. The extra $5k above the lowest improving++ amount does help, but it has a reduced rate of effect compared to the rest of your investment.

The advice given to me was not to invest higher than the lowest improving++ amount, or I would be wasting my money. But it's up to you if you want to see if the extra $5k helps with your academy improving quicker.
well i'll put it down and see if i pop in 5 weeks that way we get to work out the effect if any really at all ;)

pyronerd

Minhaz Azad field, ord-->avg
Albert Boyd field, ord-->avg
George Singh power, avg-->reas

really needing the fielding pops, hoping to have most of my team at reas at least by the start of next season

Justin Bieber

Not bad Pyro. It's growing at least 8).

Work fielding while they are younger as it trains faster. That's what I've done and to keep wages lower.