Main Menu

Pops and plops

Started by bomberboy0618, October 21, 2010, 05:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

Well done Baz ;D Will pay off for that future NAT you bought a few weeks ago ;)

I aim to probably get up to superior when I can get some more $$$. I just need a good YP ::)

Bazinga

Thanks fletch   ;)  having low wages ($62k) means I can comfortably invest $70k into my SA and still make a profit.

Fletch74

Yes, I'm struggling in that area. I'm trying to stay up in Div 3 T20 (tough league) and Div 3 Youth's plus get promoted in Div 4 SOD, so I am reluctant to sell some of my older players, so I have 93k in wages, plus 9k Ground Maintenance, and I invested 81k in academies last week.

It won't be that high this week as I need to take a breather...

My ratings will probably have to drop though this week as I will more than likely have to sell a player this week just to keep my academies steady. Will probably need 45k investment in both academies which means I need 60k from Gate takings this week, as I am in the red, which won't happen as I'm playing away in both T20 and SOD :(

Bazinga

It's very tough to balance having a great side while investing heavily into academies. I chose to sacrifice this season (and my youths) so I could build up my SA.

Fletch, maybe you could just keep your academy investment at steady for the rest of the season, and use the EOS prizemoney to invest heavily into your academies next season. I think thats what HP did and he has both his academies at excellent.

Fletch74

Probably what I was going to do Baz. I've got 3 28yo's I need to look at perhaps selling at EOS as well. Plus I have about 3 26yo's so I need to invest in some younger players.

But like what you're doing, I think investing in the some younger players is the way to go for long term success ;)

Bazinga

Managers will start selling their unwanted 19yr olds just before EOS, and there are plenty of bargains to be found if you are looking for quality 20yr olds, as there are literally hundreds of these players on the market at this time.

It really depends on how results orientated you are ATM. It doesn't bother me getting a few thrashings now as i'm enjoying training up my own players.  The main point is younger players mean lower wages and more money to invest into academies.

roo boys!

Quote from: Bazinga on May 03, 2011, 10:23:06 AM
Thanks fletch   ;)  having low wages ($62k) means I can comfortably invest $70k into my SA and still make a profit.
LUCKY! My wage are 128k so I still keep SA on Improving++ but lose about 80k each week!

Bazinga

Quote from: roo boys! on May 03, 2011, 05:12:38 PM
Quote from: Bazinga on May 03, 2011, 10:23:06 AM
LUCKY! My wage are 128k so I still keep SA on Improving++ but lose about 80k each week!
:o :o :o  wow   :o :o :o   thats a lot of wages and a lot of $$$ to be losing each week. But if you can afford it then .. why not spend it   ;)  With the money I am saving added to EOS prizemoney I will be able to find the best 20yr old gun on the market  ;D

chrisuzz

yehh im losing money, with my 100k wages :( 3 bots/newbies in my league, and im not even guarenteed to stay in div 4 :'(

Justin Bieber

Congratz on the SA pops everybody :D.

Quote from: Bazinga on May 03, 2011, 11:04:21 AM
Fletch, maybe you could just keep your academy investment at steady for the rest of the season, and use the EOS prizemoney to invest heavily into your academies next season. I think thats what HP did and he has both his academies at excellent.
Yep, both on excellent with more money put into Seniors as Youths don't have as much potential after next season. Next level then I'll hold them on steady for a while and see what I can do during the season with buys towards the end. I didn't need to buy much due to wage constraints (sold arguably my best on paper bowler who was Spec/Spec due to 10k+ wages).

Quote from: Bazinga on May 03, 2011, 11:22:30 AM
Managers will start selling their unwanted 19yr olds just before EOS, and there are plenty of bargains to be found if you are looking for quality 20yr olds, as there are literally hundreds of these players on the market at this time.
EXACTLY what I try to do. There are an abundance of them and if you sift through them enough, you could find a real gem. Not only a good project but could even start playing the next season if good enough. If I can find a 19 y.o with similar stats to my U19 Currie (bar fielding of course), I'd buy near end of season for like 1k or so for my future batting stocks as my current ones aren't performing.

Alex7089

Will Currie play ever game next season HP?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Alex7089 on May 03, 2011, 07:59:46 PM
Will Currie play ever game next season HP?
He and Casper playing games this season ;). Although they need to improve, they are still featuring quite a bit :P. Currie means I can get rid of my Rel/Rel 20 y.o as Currie is better than him in every stat besides them (and that project even has Capable Fielding). May keep the both of them and move on another of my starters :-\. Selth may be in the firing line along with Jeffers :-X.

Selth may keep his job yet. Just came out at the end of my T20 innings to smash a 65.

Alex7089

Don't get rid of Selth he holds the reord for most games played and most runs scored at your club :'(

Cicjose

David French Technique  rel --> accom
Robert O'Hanlon Endurance ord --> ave

pyronerd

Minhaz Azad capt, rel-->acc (acc captaincy with natural leader talent :D)
Bert Howard tech, rel-->acc
Alec Morris field, poor-->ord
George Singh end, reas-->cap