Who to bring in for Howe?

Started by RoughRed, June 27, 2020, 12:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoughRed

I have thoroughly enjoyed watching Howe ply his craft (despite being a Collingwood player  ::) ) and was devastated seeing his injury (I hate slo-mo replays) last night

That said I now need to be considering who to replace him with. What will it mean for the roles of the remaining Collingwood Back 6 with no Howe? Will Crisp (94pts) and Maynard (111pts) up their games

I went Rook heavy in the backs
Howe, Stewart (Just sideways from Houston) Docherty, Noble, Starcevich, Brander (Rivers/Williams)

I can afford anyone but would like to keep powder dry to add
Thinking Maynard ($487.5K), Short ($400.5K) Daniel ($528.9K), or even Doedee ($294.4K) - someone as a strong hold as D5/D6

Thoughts

tommy10

Would wait and see Maynard’s role before picking him. Might be moved to a shut down role.

However, it’ll be between Lloyd, Daniel, Haynes and Stewart. Already have Laird.

IntegralX

Straight to Lloyd or Houli. Not looking at anyone else. Got 75k in the bank too, now I’m glad I traded Whitfield lol

Wanderer

Quote from: IntegralX on June 27, 2020, 12:24:23 PM
Straight to Lloyd or Houli. Not looking at anyone else. Got 75k in the bank too, now I’m glad I traded Whitfield lol

I have Howe as well, but now I am glad I didn't trade Whitfield. Saved the trade to sideways Howe.

Mat0369

Lloyd, Daniel or Stewart

jfitty

Thinking Daniel at this stage, they'll be around the same price. Lloyd or Houli also options

Thewizz71

Quote from: jfitty on June 27, 2020, 02:15:48 PM
Thinking Daniel at this stage, they'll be around the same price. Lloyd or Houli also options

I'm thinking this too.

tkringle

Maynard, Haynes or Daniel for me

enzedder

If you don't have Lloyd and can afford him it is an easy choice.

Blues Blues Blues

justaverage

Probably trade for Hill and upgrade elsewhere

Gavdroid

Ridley will come under consideration now too

shaker

Quote from: Gavdroid on June 28, 2020, 12:37:42 AM
Quote from: Gavdroid on June 28, 2020, 12:37:42 AM
Yes getting him in this year the premos are all over shop probably should get Stewart or Lloyd but I'm losing interest so may as well have some fun :D

dottman

I think roughred was suggesting if another Collingwood player would become relevant in the same role, thoughts. Also hearing Stewart might be injured.

Mat0369

Forget Stewart. He looks to be done for a little while