Main Menu

Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Wouldn't mind it if every aboriginal AFL player started doing that dance after they kick a goal.

jvalles69

Quote from: My Chumps on July 29, 2015, 12:30:59 AM
Quote from: The_Captain on July 28, 2015, 06:40:32 PM
The real joke is the people along with Goodes claiming that this is racist.... Goodes is a dirty barbie and had even done it numerous times this year like grabbing hunts nuts ! The guys is a flower head. There is nothing more too it'! Couldn't care if he is white black blue beige yellow brown Orange or blue... The guys a piece of shower and I'm embarrassed for our country for him to be named Australian of the year.
Have you even watched footage of that Taylor Hunt incident? I bet you've only seen the freeze frame, haven't you? Watch the footage. There's absolutely nothing in it. Please refrain from making comments on incidents you haven't looked into.

Goodes has been a well respected and liked player for his whole career. I'm finding it really hard to see what he's done wrong here.

I've heard a lot of people site the thirteen year old girl incident - Goodes pointed to the crowd before he knew who had said it. "Ape" is a racial slur, no matter how you spin it. It's downright racism. Goodes pointed to the crowd to let the security know that something had been said, as per AFL rules of fines and even bans when racism occurs. It occurred in the final few minutes of the opening game of indigenous round in which Goodes had amassed 30+ touches, and being the proud Aboriginal he is he did what was necessary. BUT most importantly, upon realising it was a 13 year old girl, he actually felt sympathy. If you listen to the eloquent, beautifully illustrated and completely sympathetic interviews with Goodes after the incident, he said he was absolutely shocked when he realised who had done it. He said "it's not her fault" and that she needs all the support and education the football world can offer her. What else can this guy do?

Watch this interview people. How can people think Adam's a bad bloke? How is it that when Nicky Winmar stands up for his people he's a hero, but when Goodes does it he's a villain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrbUiJCkVw

Please read all of this champ. And then counter with the exact reasons you're booing Goodes. Can people even remember why they started anymore?

Agree about the Hunt incident, nothing in it whatsoever.  However the reason I dislike Goodes is mainly becuase of the dirty stuff he does on field and acts like he's inoccent. The slide was banned because he was hurting opponenets and he got suspended for this, plus I can mention a dozen or so incidents where he has taken a cheap shot at a player to win the ball and when the plays over tries to make up with that player, I've even seen this year Jelwood mouth the words, "flower off" when he tried to apologise to him for throwing a Jon Jones style up-elbow into Selwoods face.

Donnie Brasco

so embarrassing, it's laughable! even Indigenous Round had to be on white man's terms...

"how dare he perform a traditional war dance, I wasn't expecting it this round, I was offended, it was confronting, blah blah blah..."

let's face it, it's that old "should know his place" mentality... people just can't handle strong, visible Aboriginals who confront them. now knowing that Adam has stated that it hurts him and he perceives it as being racist, will the idiots still do it, because it's their right as a paying spectator, don't you tell me what to do, rubbish...

these neanderthals could do well to watch John Pilger's, 'Utopia', they just might wake up and learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfzsZm09WE

jvalles69

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on July 29, 2015, 10:55:39 AM
so embarrassing, it's laughable! even Indigenous Round had to be on white man's terms...

"how dare he do traditional war dance, I wasn't expecting it this round, I was offended, it was confronting, blah blah blah..."

let's face it, it's that old "should know his place" mentality... people just can't handle strong, visible Aboriginals who confront them. now knowing that Adam has stated that it hurts him and he perceives it as being racist, will the idiots still do it, because it's their right as a paying spectator, don't you tell me what to do, rubbish...

these neanderthals could do well to watch John Pilger's, 'Utopia', they just might wake up and learn something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVfzsZm09WE

Not sure I've heard anyone complain about the war dance? Most ppl thought it was pretty cool to see, but then there are some in the crowd who get fired up during the game and it IS a form of incitement towards the crowd no doubt about it.

I've actually recently heard indigenous aussies disliking the way Goodes is going about this racism, I know a lot of people who dislike Goodes and not one of the reasons is because of his skin colour.

jvalles69

Just to clarify, some of you may see that I'm quite passionate about this issue and here's why.

My parents are Burmese, but both moved to Perth WA when they were kids so I was born and raised in Perth.  I have had more than my fair share of racism from being called a "curry muncher", to walking out of a Port game in SA after West Coast thumped them and 1 guys say to me, "what would you know about footy anyway, you're an Asian", and this only occured less than 5 years ago, those words will remain with me forever, however I have a better head to know that dealing with these people is a waste of my time to the point where I just feel sorry for these people.  Now for people who have experienced REAL racism (and I understand Goodes has experienced this too) it's offensive to see someone trivialise racism by calling EVERYTHING racism. That really grinds my gears Peter Griffin.

Capper

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 29, 2015, 11:06:29 AM
Just to clarify, some of you may see that I'm quite passionate about this issue and here's why.

My parents are Burmese, but both moved to Perth WA when they were kids so I was born and raised in Perth.  I have had more than my fair share of racism from being called a "curry muncher", to walking out of a Port game in SA after West Coast thumped them and 1 guys say to me, "what would you know about footy anyway, you're an Asian", and this only occured less than 5 years ago, those words will remain with me forever, however I have a better head to know that dealing with these people is a waste of my time to the point where I just feel sorry for these people.  Now for people who have experienced REAL racism (and I understand Goodes has experienced this too) it's offensive to see someone trivialise racism by calling EVERYTHING racism. That really grinds my gears Peter Griffin.
and its shower like this that makes me not turn up to Swans games. I told a couple of people to pull their heads in at the last game i went to and their attitude and behaviour was disgraceful especially in front of children. Luckily security stepped in as there was almost a punch up between Swans fans in the bus line back to central after a 50yo man was pushing through the line with his 70+ yo father and the 50yo man objected as one man they tried to push through didnt budge. Both men were sat down and waited for a couple of bus loads to go through before boarding.

I too have had my fair share of knocks and abuse during my life as well. Whether it be from my name or my colour. Born and raised in Australia just like my parents but my mums parents came from Poland and Russia.

Lets get the thread back on to the footy and stop fueling the fire of racism. I agree we cant sweep it under the blanket but lets stop giving the 1% of the people out there causing the issue the headline.

Donnie Brasco

here you go, we'll give you a token, round of footy, just keep quiet, don't upset anybody or hurt their feelings... bottom line, the almighty dollar.

we like things our own way, "the right way", as they've always been, and if for a brief moment it's challenged, we can't handle or understand it... that's not suppose to happen, what's going on, they're usually hidden, rarely seen nor heard, and there's outrage...

Ricochet

Quote from: Capper on July 29, 2015, 11:30:18 AM
Lets get the thread back on to the footy and stop fueling the fire of racism. I agree we cant sweep it under the blanket but lets stop giving the 1% of the people out there causing the issue the headline.

Capper

elephants

Can Dane Rampe either breakout and become premo or continue to lockdown and fall into fantasy obscurity?

Just make up your damn mind man!

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on August 03, 2015, 11:50:19 AM
Can Dane Rampe either breakout and become premo or continue to lockdown and fall into fantasy obscurity?

Rampe doing just fine

Capper

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 03, 2015, 04:00:20 PM
Quote from: elephants on August 03, 2015, 11:50:19 AM

Rampe doing just fine

elephants

I cant pick him in draft when he's diving between 50s and 130s haha

SydneyRox

Quote from: elephants on August 04, 2015, 11:38:01 AM

np. leave him there for me!

elephants

Quote from: SydneyRox on August 04, 2015, 11:41:37 AM
Quote from: elephants on August 04, 2015, 11:38:01 AM