Main Menu

Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: Nige on July 28, 2015, 06:23:02 PM
Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2015, 06:18:01 PM
Quote from: Capper on July 28, 2015, 06:12:35 PM
If they booed all night, well what else do you expect from WC fans?

Terrible call. Where's your pot-shot at the other teams fans who have been booing Goodes for months?
They're non-Sydney fans.  :P
That doesnt make sense Nige. Besides not all teams have been booing him.

And Goodes and just taken a leave of absence from training. Sounds like he wont play this weekend as well.

Expect the AFL to come down hard now on this issue

Capper

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2015, 06:38:40 PM
Quote from: Grazz on July 28, 2015, 06:29:41 PM

Terrible call. Where's your pot-shot at the other teams fans who have been booing Goodes for months?

This is true, just about every club has had a crack at booing him.
Im not sure why the AFL and media are singling out WC supporters to the point they are.
WC supporters are a passionate bunch and make it tough for appossing teams when they play there
after all isn't that what we'd all like for our supporters, to make it as uncomfortable as possible for them.

The VFLs thinking...

"A non-Victorian team boo'd him... ATTACK!"
fixed

elephants

Quote from: Capper on July 28, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

Not having a pot shot at WC fans for booing Goodes. Having a pot shot at WC fans for booing. Thats all they do. Its hard to please WC fans even with all the top 5 draft picks they have had

Not having a pot shot at WC fans.... Has a pot shot at WC fans.

I worry about you man haha

shaker

One thing that is sure this latest storm in a teacup will increase the booing , maybe that is what Adam wants so that he can continue his complaints into the future ?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: shaker on July 28, 2015, 07:23:48 PM
One thing that is sure this latest storm in a teacup will increase the booing , maybe that is what Adam wants so that he can continue his complaints into the future ?

yeah i'm sure he loves it.........................

elephants

So much attention, so much Adam Goodes talk!

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on July 28, 2015, 06:47:17 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-2015-lance-franklin-and-tom-mitchell-job-security-a-late-season-concern/story-fnp04d70-1227459992922?utm_content=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=EditorialSF&utm_source=HeraldSun&utm_medium=Twitter

#subjectchange
Nothing to worry about there KB. Buddy misses a week every now and then. If he was stil at the Hawks he would miss a game very now and then as well.

Regarding Titch and the sub. horse loves to mix around the subs every week it seems. Dont think Titch will be the sub again for a while

jvalles69

I think Sydney should be focusing on why they are getting flogged multiple times by 40+ points rather than focusing on 1 man...

Capper

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2015, 07:22:28 PM
Quote from: Capper on July 28, 2015, 07:16:31 PM

Not having a pot shot at WC fans for booing Goodes. Having a pot shot at WC fans for booing. Thats all they do. Its hard to please WC fans even with all the top 5 draft picks they have had

Not having a pot shot at WC fans.... Has a pot shot at WC fans.

I worry about you man haha
I always have pot shots at WC ever since the 05 final. #banter

jvalles69

Also AFL and Goodes, why don't we revisit the same thing 1 year ago.  flowering morons.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-09-17/dont-lose-the-boos

Capper

Quote from: jvalles69 on July 28, 2015, 07:30:40 PM
I think Sydney should be focusing on why they are getting flogged multiple times by 40+ points rather than focusing on 1 man...
AFL and the media is trying to get on the back page of the paper in Sydney and still cant. Still 10 pages in after league, cricket, horse racing, etc

The flogging just mean they go further back in to the paper

LF

What a load of bullshower
I must been hearing things because I am pretty damn sure I hear booing at every single freaking match every bloody weekend and it's not just directed at the umpires

Capper

Dont know why we are chasing Berger.

No way we could afford him.

Not sure what this journo is thinking

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-28/swans-ruck-dilemna-shapes-as-trade-restrictions-bite

My Chumps

Quote from: The_Captain on July 28, 2015, 06:40:32 PM
The real joke is the people along with Goodes claiming that this is racist.... Goodes is a dirty barbie and had even done it numerous times this year like grabbing hunts nuts ! The guys is a flower head. There is nothing more too it'! Couldn't care if he is white black blue beige yellow brown Orange or blue... The guys a piece of shower and I'm embarrassed for our country for him to be named Australian of the year.
Have you even watched footage of that Taylor Hunt incident? I bet you've only seen the freeze frame, haven't you? Watch the footage. There's absolutely nothing in it. Please refrain from making comments on incidents you haven't looked into.

Goodes has been a well respected and liked player for his whole career. I'm finding it really hard to see what he's done wrong here.

I've heard a lot of people site the thirteen year old girl incident - Goodes pointed to the crowd before he knew who had said it. "Ape" is a racial slur, no matter how you spin it. It's downright racism. Goodes pointed to the crowd to let the security know that something had been said, as per AFL rules of fines and even bans when racism occurs. It occurred in the final few minutes of the opening game of indigenous round in which Goodes had amassed 30+ touches, and being the proud Aboriginal he is he did what was necessary. BUT most importantly, upon realising it was a 13 year old girl, he actually felt sympathy. If you listen to the eloquent, beautifully illustrated and completely sympathetic interviews with Goodes after the incident, he said he was absolutely shocked when he realised who had done it. He said "it's not her fault" and that she needs all the support and education the football world can offer her. What else can this guy do?

Watch this interview people. How can people think Adam's a bad bloke? How is it that when Nicky Winmar stands up for his people he's a hero, but when Goodes does it he's a villain?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyrbUiJCkVw

Please read all of this champ. And then counter with the exact reasons you're booing Goodes. Can people even remember why they started anymore?

My Chumps