Previous topic - Next topic

SydneyRox

My Chumps

Quote from: SydneyRox on July 02, 2015, 09:09:05 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on July 01, 2015, 08:29:25 PM
The Nank!

played really well to half time!! 100% over Derrickx
Absolutely.

Bloody chuffed with the win tonight albeit over a Port team that's been languishing. Still, no Franklin, Tippet, Rohan subbed early then Richards getting KO'd. We dominated the first half but half way through that third quarter I was getting deja vu from last week. Stoked we knuckled down and got the W.

Also Zak Jones >>>> Reece Shaw. Please keep him in the team Longmire!

Capper

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-14/in-the-mix-round-16

Experienced defender Ted Richards will return to face Hawthorn in Saturday night's blockbuster at ANZ Stadium, after he missed last week with concussion. Young star Isaac Heeney has 29 touches for the Swans' reserves in his first full game back rom a knee injury, so might be considered by coach John Longmire. Midfielders Craig Bird and Brandon Jack shared 50 possessions, three goals, 10 tackles and 15 clearances in the NEAFL to push their case for a recall, while dumped ruckman Toby Nankervis responded with 56 hit-outs and 21 touches against the Lions' twos. - Adam Curley

Capper

Pretty much agree with this as well

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/whos-on-the-outer

Premiership player Craig Bird's future at the Swans looks uncertain, with the veteran unseen at senior level since playing the first five games of the season. Bird made his name as a run-with player or defensive forward, but the emergence of youngsters Harry Cunningham, Jake Lloyd and Zak Jones has relegated the 26 year-old to the NEAFL. Bird has played 20+ games in each of the past four years, but he'll be lucky to break double figures in 2015. Midfielder Brandon Jack is another who might have to think about a move if he's determined to play regular AFL games. The 21 year-old just can't quite crack the senior side despite being an ultra consistent performer in the reserves, and there doesn't look to be a spot for him in the current Swans team. Ruckman Tom Derickx has gone from the Swans' backup big man last season to the back of the queue, with a healthy Kurt Tippett allowing coach John Longmire to use him to help Mike Pyke. Derickx played in round 13 with Pyke injured, but was then axed, with youngsters Toby Nankervis and Sam Naismith now preferred as the Swans' long term options. - Adam Curley

Ricochet

Quote from: Capper on July 15, 2015, 04:12:43 PM
Pretty much agree with this as well

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-07-15/whos-on-the-outer

Premiership player Craig Bird's future at the Swans looks uncertain, with the veteran unseen at senior level since playing the first five games of the season. Bird made his name as a run-with player or defensive forward, but the emergence of youngsters Harry Cunningham, Jake Lloyd and Zak Jones has relegated the 26 year-old to the NEAFL. Bird has played 20+ games in each of the past four years, but he'll be lucky to break double figures in 2015.

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2015, 05:21:17 PM
Thoughts on CBird being pushed out by these gun kids coming through lads? Or is his role too important
Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2015, 05:36:02 PM
Thanks mate. Just something I've been thinking about lately when it comes to you boys. Questioning whether his role keeps him in the side or if these more talented kids overtake him
;)

My Chumps

Mitchell's taken Bird's spot.

Really hope Heeney comes in for Cunningham! Could be super dangerous coming on half way through the third Q.

Capper

Teddles should be back

Benny back for the 2s (after injury and birth of his son)

Bird and Lloyd Peris played in the 2s (Lloyd only a half)

BJack now captain of the 2s

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2015-07-14/swanstv-hcf-injury-update-r16-2015

LF

BJack,Lloyd or Bird the sub this week?
Would assume not Cunningham as he was last week

Capper

Not Bird as i think he runs with Mitchell or Hodge

Prob BJack

My Chumps

Just rewatched the 2012 Grand Final in anticipation and boy-oh-boy, I haven't been this keen for a week of football in a long time!

Capper

Tippett out for 2-3 with a finger, Teddles suspended and Bird out 3-4 with a calf

Hopefully Pyke comes back or i will make NicNAt my captain.

Heeney comes in after 29 disposals, 2 goals 3 and 11 tackles in the 2s (151 DT points)
Pyke in for Tipett, if not hopefully Davis gets a game.
If Laidler is fit then he will come in for Teddles otherwise Xavier might get a game

Ricochet

Saw this earlier...
So Tippett will miss the Adelaide game with this injury
He has never played against Adelaide since leaving them

Capper

kilbluff1985

now he will get boo's also

not that i condone it just predicting what will happen

elephants

I remember when Sydney were good...