Main Menu

Sydney Home and Away Discussion

Started by Mailman the 2nd, April 04, 2015, 10:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

Also enjoying Lloyd's improvement work. If he adds some more tackling/marking to his game on top off his increased ability to find the ball he could be reaching A grade territory. 

Retrospectively, The 10 rounds have basically revealed that another permanent ruck and tall defender is what all we need to remain in the premiership hunt for the next 3 years. Reid is a good start but another is needed, I'm thinking that Longmire is confident that either X.Richards or Allir will come through to be permanent 22 players in 2017.

Ruck is a bit trickier though, I reckon Richards and Grundy can hold out longer than Pyke can. Derickx isn't to standard and Naismith looked well off the pace.

Midfield and forward line are fine, even if Hannerbery goes via free agency (which I think Geelong should throw their $$$ at him instead of Dangerfield)

My Chumps

Agreed MM. Rance probably outside our price range.

Maybe Matthew Luenberger? Should be cheap coming off what has been an awful season.

Mailman the 2nd

Yeah I reckon if Rance leaves the Tigers it'll be for much more than we can afford.

Leuenberger is an interesting one, he's being massively outclassed by Martin at the moment so maybe he'll just end up being cheaply offloaded. Maybe we could get Giles if Hird for some bizarre reason chooses Bellchambers over him.

Guess it kinda depends on how those other clubs go for the rest of the season

Capper

The only way Rance gets to the Swans is if Reid leaves and Rance wants to move away from Victoria

Don't see it happening myself

Mailman the 2nd

Nah no point in getting rid of one good younger key position player for a older one (albeit better). Not sure who would want to leave at the end of the year though, no one with any significant value. Bird maybe but he's a free agent

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 09, 2015, 12:53:02 AM
Nah no point in getting rid of one good younger key position player for a older one (albeit better). Not sure who would want to leave at the end of the year though, no one with any significant value. Bird maybe but he's a free agent
Who would chase Bird?? Maybe GC or Lions??

Mailman the 2nd

They could but we wouldn't get anything out of it, at best like a 2nd or 3rd round compensation pick

Big Mac

Quote from: Capper on June 10, 2015, 06:34:17 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 09, 2015, 12:53:02 AM
Who would chase Bird?? Maybe GC or Lions??

I'd love him at the dees. As seen in the past few weeks our depth is still terrible and we really need guys who can come in and actually play a role, while Brayshaw/Tyson/Petracca/Salem/Viney etc are still a bit young to be relied on

He is a bit one-paced though isn't he? That could be a bit of a drawback

Mailman the 2nd

I don't think his pace is any different from the majority of our mids that aren't Jetta etc.

Capper

You have Vince to play a run with role though, why get another?

Although Roos may want him

My Chumps

Quote from: Big  Mac on June 10, 2015, 06:44:00 PM
He is a bit one-paced though isn't he? That could be a bit of a drawback
Literally the reason he isn't in the team atm. Has no problem getting the ball or playing his role, but Longmire's trying to balance the pace aspect, that's why he hasn't got a game since Titch has come in, and why Lloyd, Cunners, Jetta, Heeney (when back) and Gaz are all above him in the pecking order.

Capper

Capper

No changes, good to see. Hopefully Robbo can get a full game soon

Mailman the 2nd

Pretty crappy game, should've won by like 50 but we gave up after half time again (and the umpires gifted them a couple) but whatever.

Hopefully Grundy and Hannerbery are ok, wonder if Heeney or McGlynn will come back in after the bye though?

Capper

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 13, 2015, 10:35:11 PM
Pretty crappy game, should've won by like 50 but we gave up after half time again (and the umpires gifted them a couple) but whatever.

Hopefully Grundy and Hannerbery are ok, wonder if Heeney or McGlynn will come back in after the bye though?
do either Heeney or McGlynn get a game in the 2s before they come back in the 1s

2s have the bye next week as well