North Melbourne player under police investigation

Started by Ricochet, October 28, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-28/roo-under-investigation

A NORTH Melbourne player is one of two men under investigation by police over the robbery of a taxi driver.

AFL.com.au is not able to name the player at this time based on legal advice.

The alleged incident happened in the early hours of Sunday October 12 when two men were picked up by a cab driver.

The men allegedly threatened the driver and demanded all of his money.

When he refused, one of the men stole his log-book and got out of the cab.

The men then assaulted him and stole money from the taxi before running away.

Police say the cab driver was not injured and are hopeful of releasing a statement on Tuesday afternoon.

More to come.

The_Captain

really???

Wow... that's low. Doesnt seem like something an AFL player would do. Maybe retaliate if provoked. But this is just odd...

Bill Manspeaker

yeah agreed noto. I honestly don't think the full story is being told here

just can't see it

kilbluff1985

Quote from: noto07 on October 28, 2014, 03:20:40 PM
really???

Wow... that's low. Doesnt seem like something an AFL player would do. Maybe retaliate if provoked. But this is just odd...

Hurley did similar few years ago didn't take his money though

shaker

Hope it's not Boomer not handling a situation once again  :P

elephants

I'm gonna take a punt and say many many alcoholic beverages were involved :P

The_Captain

Quote from: brad on October 28, 2014, 03:22:11 PM
yeah agreed noto. I honestly don't think the full story is being told here

just can't see it

Yeah seems strange. A few beers can make you do strange things.... But why steal a few dollars.....

Now assault and theft. Geez... tough for the club to look after him after that.

Grazz

really???

Gotta agree, an AFL players salary even at the lowest end is a decent wage, why would you bother over a couple of hundred dollars let alone at all. :-\

Jroo

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2014, 03:57:22 PM
really???

Gotta agree, an AFL players salary even at the lowest end is a decent wage, why would you bother over a couple of hundred dollars let alone at all. :-\

Because even rich people can be complete tightarses

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 28, 2014, 04:01:42 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2014, 03:57:22 PM
really???

Because even rich people can be complete tightarses

Haha this can be very true mate, i have found throughout my life that those that have a lot of money can often be the hardest to get a dollar from, probably why they have a lot of cash. :P

Nige

Obviously down wanna be mentioning any names... but I've heard it was one of the younger boys.

If true, that's disappointing and I really hope is doesn't cut short their career.  :-\

elephants

Check the other thread mate, its been mentioned :P

Nige

Quote from: elephants on October 28, 2014, 04:20:43 PM
Check the other thread mate, its been mentioned :P
Oh my bad haha, didn't even notice.

Grazz

Quote from: Nige on October 28, 2014, 04:17:40 PM
Obviously down wanna be mentioning any names... but I've heard it was one of the younger boys.

If true, that's disappointing and I really hope is doesn't cut short their career.  :-\

I think if your gunna get involved in that kind of stuff mate you probably don't deserve a career in the AFL where everyone is scrutinised so closely by the media.