North Melbourne emerge as leading candidate to snare Saint Nick Dal Santo

Started by Rusty00, September 11, 2013, 10:18:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rusty00

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-emerge-as-leading-candidate-to-snare-saint-nick-dal-santo/story-fn69a32t-1226716407471

NORTH Melbourne has emerged as the leading candidate to lure Nick Dal Santo from St Kilda.

It can be revealed the Roos first approached Dal Santo's management Stride Sports, mid-season.

Dal Santo, 29, has told the rebuilding Saints he is happy to stay for a 13th season, but would leave to help a rival win a premiership if St Kilda decided to deal.

Holz

while we dont exactly need mids, i really like this move.

especially with swallow missing for abit.

NDS Swallow Basti Cunners JZ Wells looking like an elite 6 there.

Nige

specky92

On one of those Sunday footy shows, Dal Santo said he's confident he'll stay at the Saints and is happy to stay, I can't see it happening either

Nige

He seems like a loyal guy who would want to a stay a one club player.

Nige

2013 Offseason News ‏@theafloffseason 10m

NICK DAL SANTO confirms he will make a decision on his future by the end of the grand final according to @superfooty

Spinking

It's funny, I can remember an article in the Herald Sun back in the mid 2000s when the Saints with their young brigade were starting to build towards success. Dal Santo was hot property back then and other clubs were sniffing around. The article had quotes from both Luke Ball and Brendon Goddard both pleading with Dal to stay with the club for mateship rather than money...

Strange how things pan out. Always thought Dal was a risk to take off and that Ball would be with us for life

Bill Manspeaker

if Dal does get traded, it would all be in the best interest of the club.

Dal doesn't want to leave, the Saints and our supporters don't want to see him leave, but this is a business and sometimes tough decisions need to be made for the future of the club.

this is why i hope Dal does not get booed by our supporters. he's been a loyal servant for a long time, and in the end it was nothing other than a business decision. Dal is helping the Saints move on.

if he does get traded, i hope it's the Roos that get him and he can help them win a flag.

we love you Dal

Vinny

If Dal Santo leaves and he gets booed, that's a flowering disgrace!

Absolute legend! :)

Nige

Dal seems to be leaning towards a move to North but he and his manager are going to have a chat with the Saints about what they plan to do with the list before looking at other offers.

Holz

this may be roo bias but does anyone think if we get NDS and swallow recovers in time we could make top 4 next year.

this looks pretty strong.

Hansen, Thompson, Mullett
Bastinac, Grima, Atley
Wells, NDS, Gibson
Thomas, Tarrant, Harvey
Black, Petrie, Adams

Goldy Swallow Ziebell

Cunnington, Mcdonald, Firito, Wright

Vinny

Yeah I think Roos are a solid chance at Top 4 but 5-8 seems the more realistic place. Then again, you are capable of beating any side in the league on your day. Scary really what damage you could have/should have done this year.

Holz

Quote from: vinny on September 30, 2013, 11:32:56 AM
Yeah I think Roos are a solid chance at Top 4 but 5-8 seems the more realistic place. Then again, you are capable of beating any side in the league on your day. Scary really what damage you could have/should have done this year.

yeah i would be very confident we could have taken out richmond. Not sure we would have taken out sydney in sydney but i think we would have been a shot. My tip would have been a prelim loss to freo.

Vinny