Aaron Mullett to debut this week!

Started by roo boys!, August 17, 2011, 05:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on August 18, 2011, 06:01:47 PM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 01:33:59 AM
Quote from: BOOMZ on August 18, 2011, 01:27:46 AM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 17, 2011, 10:48:03 PM
Also key note is he's 19 years old, we've got a very nice young list. We'd definitely be the most overlooked in terms of youth talent, whenever people think young talent they think Melbourne/Richmond, I never hear Kangaroos get mentioned and we always over achieve.
in terms of KPP's I wouldn't say you have any decent youth.
Please gtfo out of our board. You always be trolling.
Someone called Boomzie a troll ???

Also key note is he's 19 years old, we've got a very nice young list. We'd definitely be the most overlooked in terms of youth talent, whenever people think young talent they think Melbourne/Richmond, I never hear Kangaroos get mentioned and we always over achieve.
That is probably because you don't have the top 3 players they have...Sylvia, Trengove, Watts, Scully, Frawley, Petterd, Martin and then Cotchin, Jroo, Martin, Deledio, Vickery, Graham, Rance, Post and Nahas are all much more high profile players.

As much as I like the midfield the Roos have got KPP's are questionable. Whn Tarrant is one of the guys you list you know the stock is thin.

I do, however, like the look of Mabon ;D
Tarrant has had a really tough run with injuries, hasn't had much of a go.

Also, Sylvia is 25 so players like Swallow, Ziebell, Goldstein etc are all also 25 or under.

Mabon is going to be really big I reckon (height wise and in AFL ranks ;))

In fact, article posted about him today:

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/121345/default.aspx

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on August 18, 2011, 06:07:06 PM
You know what's going to happen now Alex :D
I like Richardson, but he isnt getting games :(
Richardson seems like one of those players that absolutely dominates in the VFL but struggles with the pace of the AFL. Seems a step behind, so once he plays a bit more higher level footy over the years that AFL experience will come. Skills are getting better this season, as that's one of the reasons he wasn't getting an AFL gig.

AFEV

Quote from: roo boys! on August 18, 2011, 06:17:08 PM

That is probably because you don't have the top 3 players they have...Sylvia, Trengove, Watts, Scully, Frawley, Petterd, Martin and then Cotchin, Jroo, Martin, Deledio, Vickery, Graham, Rance, Post and Nahas are all much more high profile players.

As much as I like the midfield the Roos have got KPP's are questionable. Whn Tarrant is one of the guys you list you know the stock is thin.

Also, Sylvia is 25 so players like Swallow, Ziebell, Goldstein etc are all also 25 or under.

http://www.kangaroos.com.au/latestnews/newsarticle/tabid/4912/newsid/121345/default.aspx
Yeah I know I was trying to explain why people never talk about North. ;) :P
I honestly see Tarrant as a far less talented version of Gumby. Didn't really see a lot of him as a junior (I did with Gumby) but just looks behind it when he is in the senior team. Might not be up to it might be the injuries like you said but...Yeah I don't rate him either way :P

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on August 18, 2011, 06:22:55 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on August 18, 2011, 06:17:08 PM

Yeah I know I was trying to explain why people never talk about North. ;) :P
I honestly see Tarrant as a far less talented version of Gumby. Didn't really see a lot of him as a junior (I did with Gumby) but just looks behind it when he is in the senior team. Might not be up to it might be the injuries like you said but...Yeah I don't rate him either way :P
He was touted as a possible future star upon arrival at the club, not too sure if he is going to live up to those expectations...

North Melbournes Finest

Why is it just Essendon supporters come in here and post? Genuinely the only other team supporter that I see come in here and post is Ossie.

pyronerd

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 10:44:44 PM
Why is it just Essendon supporters come in here and post? Nothing better to do then to private message each other to come back each other up?
if you haven't noticed I tend to agree with them in this thread and I'm a St. Kilda supporter :-X

Don't deflect from the fact that you are losing the argument through accusations of gang up ::) 

AFEV

Why is it just Essendon supporters come in here and post? Nothing better to do then to private message each other to come back each other up?
No we don't do that. Don't be so petty. You were way out of line calling Boomz a troll, just because he doesn't rate your team.

It just so happens that Essendon has a LOT of active users on this site, so of course it is likely we will post in here etc.
Get over it, if you want feel free to come and share your opinions on our players as well.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: Sid on August 18, 2011, 10:47:36 PM
No we don't do that. Don't be so petty. You were way out of line calling Boomz a troll, just because he doesn't rate your team.

It just so happens that Essendon has a LOT of active users on this site, so of course it is likely we will post in here etc.
Get over it, if you want feel free to come and share your opinions on our players as well.
Sorry that was harsh haha, I edited my post. :(

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: pyronerd on August 18, 2011, 10:47:26 PM
if you haven't noticed I tend to agree with them in this thread and I'm a St. Kilda supporter :-X

Don't deflect from the fact that you are losing the argument through accusations of gang up ::)
Excuse me? Losing what argument? If you're talking about in this thread then there was no argument I made one post and didn't even have a retort. If you're basing it on the H Mac thread then at least I actually provided some statistics to back up my claims, other people just expressed their opinion and claimed them selves victorious.

pyronerd

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 10:52:30 PM
Quote from: pyronerd on August 18, 2011, 10:47:26 PM

Excuse me? Losing what argument? If you're talking about in this thread then there was no argument I made one post and didn't even have a retort. If you're basing it on the H Mac thread then at least I actually provided some statistics to back up my claims, other people just expressed their opinion and claimed them selves victorious.
you presented statistics showing that Goldy was good in the tapwork, you showed nothing that suggests that Goldy and Hmac are a better combo then any other rucks. As for this thread, as Sid pointed out you called Boomz a troll, as well as having no counter argument to show that your young KPP's are any good. Everybody is entitled to an opinion, and just because they don't agree with you doesn't make them a troll, and supporting the same team certainly doesn't mean they are here to bully people.

North Melbournes Finest

When someone says you don't have any decent talent in terms of KPP players, ANY DECENT talent........They don't even deserve a reply. Cam Pedersen/Todd Goldstein/Mabon/Tarrant/Delaney/Hansen. While that's not a tonne of players, they're all guys that have a lot of years left on their careers. Tarrant is 22 and has shown signs of being a good defender, injuries are killing him. Goldstein is an all australian ruckmen and he's 23, I guess he has no talent. Cam Pedersen has slotted in beautifully. You can say whatever to the rest I don't mind. But to say we have no decent talent was a troll statement to make. I don't care if he isn't known as one, that was a statement said just to gain a reaction out of someone.

pyronerd

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 11:25:46 PM
When someone says you don't have any decent talent in terms of KPP players, ANY DECENT talent........They don't even deserve a reply. Cam Pedersen/Todd Goldstein/Mabon/Tarrant/Delaney/Hansen. While that's not a tonne of players, they're all guys that have a lot of years left on their careers. Tarrant is 22 and has shown signs of being a good defender, injuries are killing him. Goldstein is an all australian ruckmen and he's 23, I guess he has no talent. Cam Pedersen has slotted in beautifully. You can say whatever to the rest I don't mind. But to say we have no decent talent was a troll statement to make. I don't care if he isn't known as one, that was a statement said just to gain a reaction out of someone.
If it was then it certainly worked ::) 23 isn't really youth so Goldy isn't a factor, Hansen is crap, plain and simple, Tarrant being a player with a lot of injuries it's hard to get a gauge on whether he will be good or not. I don't know, maybe it was a bit harsh, but to call somebody a troll based on one comment that is there opinion is just ridiculous

AFEV

I think you are taking 'no decent talent' far too literally. It was clear that in this context it meant lack of or shortage of.
And in comparison to other clubs that is true.

Anyway NMF already said that the 'troll' comment was harsh so lets let it go.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: pyronerd on August 18, 2011, 11:37:59 PM
If it was then it certainly worked ::) 23 isn't really youth so Goldy isn't a factor, Hansen is crap, plain and simple, Tarrant being a player with a lot of injuries it's hard to get a gauge on whether he will be good or not. I don't know, maybe it was a bit harsh, but to call somebody a troll based on one comment that is there opinion is just ridiculous
So that's the definition of a troll statement  ::)

23 isn't young? Especially for a ruckmen come on.....

AFEV

Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 11:49:06 PM

Sorry Pyro this I will agree on. Goldy is definitely young. Belly is almost the same age (I think) Ryder is older and they are considered young...
Only a year older then McEvoy.

pyronerd

Quote from: Sid on August 18, 2011, 11:51:35 PM
Quote from: North Melbournes Finest on August 18, 2011, 11:49:06 PM

Sorry Pyro this I will agree on. Goldy is definitely young. Belly is almost the same age (I think) Ryder is older and they are considered young...
Only a year older then McEvoy.
yes but 23 isn't youth sure he is young for a developed ruckman, but youth is usually talking about the 18-21 range