Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

Quote from: Grufflez on January 12, 2016, 03:33:44 PM
Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 11:24:21 AM
Purple77 made a good point about delisted or retired players from last year.

Pretty decent names there

Stokes and Kelly
Lake
Rhyce Shaw
Think basically they need experienced players to assist with the development of young ones. Lake would be ideal for defence.

Is there any point? give all the young guys a run.

Drak

You can give all the young guys as much as they can handle. But having Lake come in and teach... lets say... Francis, a few things in the backline. The experience would be invaluable. Same goes for Shaw, Kelly and Stokes..... All premiership players.

Capper

Lake would be great in your backline but dont know if he can play a whole season. Kelly and stokes would be worth a look but im not sure about Shaw

Drak

Im not even sure shaw is sure he was sure about coming back to Melbourne. Thats for sure.

kilbluff1985

i really think Tippa will surprise a few

quinny88

Got to keep in mind that a lot of the retired players would have been drinking beer and eating pies since their retirement. They will be a bit out of shape and have no AFL pre season under their belt.
They also have to be willing to come play for 1 season where they know they will get belted every week

silloc

I'd top up with mostly our own VFL players, and a few clint jones/ryan crowley/sam dwyer types to stop us getting smashed. But at the end of the day, you don't want to miss the oprtunity to develop our young players

kilbluff1985

Quote from: silloc on January 13, 2016, 01:05:26 AM
I'd top up with mostly our own VFL players, and a few clint jones/ryan crowley/sam dwyer types to stop us getting smashed. But at the end of the day, you don't want to miss the oprtunity to develop our young players

James Kelly and Matthew Stokes a couple that could do well and offer good leadership

Gigantor

Fox sport news just threw up some names for top up players .... Robbie Warnock was one of them lol I don't think they are that desperate ;)

RiOtChEsS

Quote from: Drak on January 12, 2016, 02:23:55 PM
Quote from: RiOtChEsS on January 12, 2016, 01:53:03 PM
putting a positive spin on it... cash cows, cash cows everywhere ;)

Is it bad as a true bombers supporter, that was my immediate thought....
haha i dunno, fantasy football has corrupted us all ;D

Ricochet

Spite just mentioned Kyle Martin as a possible top up player... that would be christmas for fantasy comps

nrich102

Some gold from the Shovel.

Essendon say they will be looking to inject youth into the team in 2016. Stephen Dank says he'll see what he can do.

;D

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ricochet on January 13, 2016, 12:43:49 PM
Spite just mentioned Kyle Martin as a possible top up player... that would be christmas for fantasy comps
what about Kyal Horsley? what's he doing these days?

Football Factory

Spite just mentioned Kyle Martin as a possible top up player... that would be christmas for fantasy comps.

Anyone rate .. Zac O'Brien .. wonder if he could take a spot ?

Ricochet

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on January 13, 2016, 01:59:05 PM
what about Kyal Horsley? what's he doing these days?
Playing WAFL, didn't have an amazing year. Would be good if he could get back to that GC form he showed though

Quote from: Football Factory on January 13, 2016, 02:01:56 PM
Spite just mentioned Kyle Martin as a possible top up player... that would be christmas for fantasy comps.

Anyone rate .. Zac O'Brien .. wonder if he could take a spot ?
Yeh that's a good one too