Main Menu

A Best 22 for 2016

Started by H1bb3i2d, July 07, 2015, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

Quote from: iZander on September 07, 2015, 04:53:36 PM
You lost me with "like heppel". I think that risk is worth taking if you get someone like heppel 1 time out of 2.
To be honest, it wasn't "like heppell" at all. Hep's injuries weren't as off-putting and more importantly, we knew with certainty that Heppell's body was right. We had no such assurances with Kav.

iZander

Quote from: Southstorm on September 07, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
You lost me with "like heppel". I think that risk is worth taking if you get someone like heppel 1 time out of 2.
To be honest, it wasn't "like heppell" at all. Hep's injuries weren't as off-putting and more importantly, we knew with certainty that Heppell's body was right. We had no such assurances with Kav.
Your words mate....

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: iZander on September 07, 2015, 05:42:44 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on September 07, 2015, 05:21:49 PM
Your words mate....

That was the point of taking Kav. We could have gone a little safer and selected a Crozier or Kerridge. They knew the risk they were taking on Kav's body, but decided at pick 19 it was worth the risk, because if it paid off and he got his body right he had the potential to be a gun. Not to be, but no huge loss because it's not like we missed a Dangerfield or Selwood because of it.

silloc

Well if you'd have paid attention you'd have noticed that Kav hasn't had any reoccurring hamstring problems since being drafted. He had one minor strain at the end of last year. Also his fitness has been at the top of our under 24 kids for the past 2 preseasons.

So essendon were able to work through it and overcome that problem. His issues are not injury related so it makes your argument about picking him in the draft irrelevant. We're just unlucky he had the injury problems otherwise he would've gone much higher.

Southstorm

Quote from: silloc on September 08, 2015, 09:53:02 AM
Well if you'd have paid attention you'd have noticed that Kav hasn't had any reoccurring hamstring problems since being drafted. He had one minor strain at the end of last year. Also his fitness has been at the top of our under 24 kids for the past 2 preseasons.

So essendon were able to work through it and overcome that problem. His issues are not injury related so it makes your argument about picking him in the draft irrelevant. We're just unlucky he had the injury problems otherwise he would've gone much higher.
If you're saying that keeping match fit wasn't a problem, his talent isn't a problem and being injured wasn't a problem then what problems does he have? Based on what you've just said he should be perfect.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Southstorm on September 08, 2015, 03:04:43 PM

If you're saying that keeping match fit wasn't a problem, his talent isn't a problem and being injured wasn't a problem then what problems does he have? Based on what you've just said he should be perfect.

Yeah nah he just hasn't been able to convert underage talent into AFL performances.

Southstorm

At this stage perhaps a best 22 could be

B: Baguley, Hurley, Pears
HB: Hibberd, Hooker, Myers
C: Stanton, Watson, Heppell
HF: Laverde, Daniher, Goddard
F: Kommer, McKernan, Langford
Foll: Bellchambers, Z. Merrett, Hocking

Int: Melksham, Zaharakis, Colyer, x

Spot x could be filled by Edwards, Gleeson, Howlett, J. Merrett or a rookie we draft this year

That's really not too bad. If we get a fit team together for round 1 with 20 of those guys lining up then we should be a much better team compared to last year. Still a few questions, but a much better team than what we had last season.

Before anyone's like "OMG YOU PUT HIM THERE HE SHOULD BE HERE AND HE SHOULD BE THERE", i wrote this at 3am on a brain wave so chill.

Then I did some dreaming and came up with an optimistic possible best 22 in a post-Stanton, Watson, Goddard and Hocking future.

Baguley, Hurley, Pears
Hibberd, Hooker, Gleeson
Colyer, Heppell, Myers
Laverde, Daniher, Langford
Kommer, Wiedemann, McKernan
Bellchambers, Z. Merrett, Zaharakis

Int: Melksham, Balic, Edwards, Howlett

I'm being very optimistic in hoping we get Wiedemann and Balic from this draft courtesy of an extra pick gifted on behalf of one Jake Carlisle <3

kilbluff1985

what about Fantasia i'd rather get games into him then Melksham

silloc

Quote from: Southstorm on September 09, 2015, 03:48:29 AM
At this stage perhaps a best 22 could be

HF: Laverde, Daniher, Goddard
F: Kommer, McKernan, Langford
Foll: Bellchambers, Z. Merrett, Hocking

Int: Melksham, Zaharakis, Colyer, x

Spot x could be filled by Edwards, Gleeson, Howlett, J. Merrett or a rookie we draft this year

That's really not too bad. If we get a fit team together for round 1 with 20 of those guys lining up then we should be a much better team compared to last year. Still a few questions, but a much better team than what we had last season.

Before anyone's like "OMG YOU PUT HIM THERE HE SHOULD BE HERE AND HE SHOULD BE THERE", i wrote this at 3am on a brain wave so chill.

Then I did some dreaming and came up with an optimistic possible best 22 in a post-Stanton, Watson, Goddard and Hocking future.

Baguley, Hurley, Pears
Hibberd, Hooker, Gleeson
Colyer, Heppell, Myers
Laverde, Daniher, Langford
Kommer, Wiedemann, McKernan
Bellchambers, Z. Merrett, Zaharakis

Int: Melksham, Balic, Edwards, Howlett

I'm being very optimistic in hoping we get Wiedemann and Balic from this draft courtesy of an extra pick gifted on behalf of one Jake Carlisle <3

I'm hoping we can get parish, if nobody gets a compo pick before us. GCS, CARL, BRIS are all looking for key positions.

Nige

You boys would be nuts to not get Parish if he's available.

silloc

Quote from: Southstorm on September 08, 2015, 03:04:43 PM

Based on what I said, his original concerns after his u18's season haven't proven to be the issue. Which is why I don't blame the clubs draft selection team.

He really hasn't taken his opportunities when selected in the senior team and converted his VFL form into the seniors. But then again neither did taylor hunt, and look at him at richmond.   

silloc

Also, pick 10-15 for Jake isn't really how it looks at the moment. with Saints (5 & 23), Carlton (1 & 19), North (11 & 29), as the most interested.

Does this seem fair; Carlisle Pick 22 -> for saints pick 5??

Southstorm

I don't think they'd give up pick 5 if they can get him for a later pick. I think it's more likely that St. K or Carlton will away their first pick for a higher first round pick to improve the deal for themselves.

Carlton might be able to get a talented young player or a 2016 first round pick in addition to a 2015 first round pick. That allows them to get two talented players for the price of one. Not a bad deal for them.

Southstorm

HF: Zaharakis, Daniher, Goddard
F: Kommer, Curnow, Bellchambers
Foll: Leuenberger, Z. Merrett, Hocking

Int: Bird, Parish, Laverde, Langford

:D

silloc

Quote from: Southstorm on October 21, 2015, 03:30:14 AM
HF: Zaharakis, Daniher, Goddard
F: Kommer, Curnow, Bellchambers
Foll: Leuenberger, Z. Merrett, Hocking

Int: Bird, Parish, Laverde, Langford

:D

No way we'll get parish now, Melbourne are banking on us only taking one of either Weideman and Curnow. Then they'll take which ever one we don't pick. I hope I'm wrong but...

Also bird is not in our best 22 if Watson hocking myers are all fit