Important.. Help needed !!! Premium Bench keeper??

Started by MarkPlow, June 22, 2011, 08:16:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkPlow

OK so here is my team below:

Def: Deledio Newman Enright Goddard Adcock Heppel Broughton Otten Puopolo Jacobs

Mid: Ablett Pendlebury Boyd Selwood Murphy Judd (I smith mzungu Conca*)

Ruck: Sandi Cox Smith Bailey

Fwd: Buddy Pav Sylvia Rioli Goodes Petrie N Riewoldt (Howe Lynch Richardson)

Cash: $3 700

Trades left 6

As you can see my team is nearly set.

I am aiming for league win am currently ranked 9th in the league I care about most and desperately need this win to push for top 4 (very tight league and even though Ive scored most points overall in the league my opposition scores massive every week)

I was originally thinking to straight trade Selwood to Swan this week as Selwood will barely be useful in any more league games and will be out for the prelim, and I would use the extra cash to help eventually upgrade to a premium defender later on.

But I had a new thought that maybe I could downgrade Puopolo and upgrade Conca to Swan. This would leave me with a premium sitting on the bench for most games but this will benefit me greatly come finals time, so I will have much better cover for the Carlton bye where I lose Judd and Murphy, I especially dont want to trade out murphy and would be a waste of a trade sideways trading them. I dont think many people will have selwood come finals time and it saves me having to trade for carlton's bye and could give me extra edge over opponents. Is this a smart option or not

MC

I kept him and brought in Mitchell last week. He comes out with a 144 which meant that so far the trade has been a very good one!
I'd downgrade smith (especially if Sandi is back this week) and then straight upgrade Conca. I'd suggest Puops would have more money to make, especially with an easy run home, and will prob be a better bench option for finals. Backline does look very strong though, so it is an option. Both Conca and Puops are at a similar price (280kish) with a similar BE (70+) so it's much of a muchness.

MarkPlow

I was planning on downgrading Smith to J Tippett once Sandi comes back in, that way can have Petrie in the ruck if I need to and also plenty of cash to then upgrade a defender to Sam Fisher.

MC

Just keep an eye on those trades mate. Not much point making finals if you're going to go out in straight sets when clubs start resting their players.

MarkPlow

Yea I know I'm low on trades. Ive been forced to trade to stay in league contention. I think I have pretty good cover with the DPP's. This trade to get in Swan will help in advance for the Carlton/Geelong byes in the finals. Going to sit tight for the next few weeks unless drastic things start to happen

Ermaz

you'll need those trades or else you will struggle. youre team is solid, you should make finals or at least keep 4 for finals. however, swan would be good cover for these finals. its ultimately your decision