J. Martin/J. Hogan

Started by big_cox21, September 04, 2013, 02:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_cox21

alot of people are locking these kids in as rookie picks for next season.

i want to know as i nelieve they are both playing in senior comps atm have they both been drafted already and does that mean their prices will be like omearas this yeah at about 115k instead of olie wines territory 160+?

Rusty00

Yes they have both already been drafted the same as O'Meara and Crouch were the previous year. Martin by Gold Coast and Hogan by Melbourne.

Based on precedent you'd think they would both be priced the same as O'Meara and Crouch were this year.

Holz

wouldnt be suprised to see them bumped up abit in price.

I would pay 150k for Martin anyway.

big_cox21

thanks guys this is great news hahaha. might already have half my rookie priced players picked before the draft even happens haha.

are there any other players in this situation this season?

Rusty00

Only Hogan and Martin were taken through this min-draft.

big_cox21

Quote from: Rusty00 on September 04, 2013, 02:18:25 PM
Only Hogan and Martin were taken through this min-draft.

thankyou sir!

Ringo

Why would they be bumped up in price when they both came in the same way as O'Meara and he was $115,900 to start with this year,

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ringo on September 04, 2013, 04:02:04 PM
Why would they be bumped up in price when they both came in the same way as O'Meara and he was $115,900 to start with this year,

yeah i doubt they'll be bumped up. niiiiiice n cheap ;D

Vinny

Will people start Tom Boyd even though he will be at close to 200k?

Rusty00

Quote from: vinny on September 04, 2013, 04:16:52 PM
Given the history of KPPs developing slower, you'd think no.

Depends on which team he goes to and his pre-season form.

hawkers65

Probably not. Patton and Whittfield where both 200k and where clearly not worth the extra coin. Boyd would have to average around 7-10 more points than a 115k rookie to validate the extra cash spent on him which i think is very unlikely from an 18yr KPP.

Speculator

I fail to see how them being so cheap is good news. It means EVERYONE will have them. I'd rather see them priced around the $170k mark so people have a real decision to make. Virtual sports need to grow some balls and use subjective judgement to price the rookies, not just draft order. I mean, why the hell should Boyd be priced higher than a gun rookie midfielder? He certainly isn't going to score as well. It's ridiculous using only the draft order as the reference point for rookie prices.

Speculator

My point is, these blokes are worth at least $160k plus and they should (but probably won't) be priced accordingly.

stew42

Quote from: hawkers65 on September 04, 2013, 05:28:58 PM

Probably not. Patton and Whittfield where both 200k and where clearly not worth the extra coin. Boyd would have to average around 7-10 more points than a 115k rookie to validate the extra cash spent on him which i think is very unlikely from an 18yr KPP.
Although Patton might be worth the extra coin next year ;)

big_cox21

Quote from: Speculator on September 04, 2013, 06:13:06 PM
I fail to see how them being so cheap is good news. It means EVERYONE will have them. I'd rather see them priced around the $170k mark so people have a real decision to make. Virtual sports need to grow some balls and use subjective judgement to price the rookies, not just draft order. I mean, why the hell should Boyd be priced higher than a gun rookie midfielder? He certainly isn't going to score as well. It's ridiculous using only the draft order as the reference point for rookie prices.

but they cant just decide that a player will score more then another player when neither has played a game. how can they know who will be better. players that played this season have their price worked out in an objective way based on previous performance. the only thing they can price the rookies on is draft position because in theory the best player is picked first, the second best player is taken second and so on. thats all they have to go by.

as for the mini draft players they should probably warrant higher prices seeing as if they were drafted this year not last, they would likely be top 5ish selections. but they wernt so you cant say i think he is worth more then player A because who are they to say they would of been drafted ahead of that player or not. so they are priced at the highest of the set rookie prices 115, 110, 100, 96.