Main Menu

Ben Reid

Started by ossie85, June 15, 2010, 12:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Ben Reid is the Round 12 rising star nominee. Good stuff Benny! Been impressive this year.

I didn't think Collingwood would get a nomination this year, the Pies still haven't had a debutant (apart from Ball and Jolly).

Cruiseon

He was one of few who played very well on the weekend.

Not much chance Barham will ever get nominated/selected again.

What about Brad Dick? -  I presume he is past eligibility?

ossie85

Fairly sure he's played more than 10 games at the start of the year.

Ruckus

It is good to see that Reidy has reinvented himself as a backman and doing the job well. With his youth spent in the forward line, I wonder could he become a contributer at both ends in the future. With good skills, and reasonable leg speed for a tall fellow, could he play as a defensive forward on the likes of Gilbert or Lake? Love to hear some feedback on this.

reesbr

Yeah I like your idea Ruckus.

Reidy has looked pretty good.

Never really rated him before the last couple of matches

Ruckus

Yeah, Dick played 16 games last year, and a handful in '07. Not in contention. Dont think Barham will get too many more opportunities.

Ruckus

Didn't Reid have a shocking start against Port on Friday. A kick out resulting in a goal, then dropping a mark in the goal square to give away another one. I was sitting right behind the goals, and it was good to see after goal #2, that Harry come up and game him a pat on the back and had a quiet word. No point in riding the young fella as Heater did after the first one.
Well done Harry!

Cruiseon

Horrible, horrible start. He wouldn't want to do that against the Saints this week or in a final.

We'll cut him some slack as a one-off.

Ruckus

Definately do not want to give the Saints a 2 goal head start. I'm sure he'll bounce back. By the way, good to see Goldsack get a couple more touches down back. Good to see we have plenty of young talent who can fill roles down back.

bunyip

Quote from: Cruiseon on July 13, 2010, 12:37:14 PM

Horrible, horrible start. He wouldn't want to do that against the Saints this week or in a final.

We'll cut him some slack as a one-off.
Cruise.....your grace is matched only by your good looks ;D