Main Menu

Could they do it?

Started by BB67th, April 22, 2013, 08:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

We will be 7-3 into the bye. This week can surely be a win, as can the Doggies game. Then we need to fight for one of those others.

Two things made Adelaide go deep in the finals last year, thsoe being an easy draw, don't deny it, they did. But also the ability to win matches at AAMI stadium. Should they have won all of those AAMI stadium matches last year? Probably not if you looked at the start of the season. But they did, and Port need to find a way not to drop more than 2-3 home games this season, and hopefulyl turn one of those matches against top sides, which are all at home, into wins. :)

Do that, and finals a a possibility of course, we have the draw to get 13 wins, now we need to capitalize. :)

Ziplock

I think WBD will be a win, and you'll probs walk away with one of wce or nm.

Dudge

Now heres a perspective from a glass half empty Power supporter ( my missus hates that in me, not just footy, but life in general) rather than a glass half full supporter. I'm rapt and so so so excited about our year thus far, but i still feel we're a year or two away from being a real shot at doing major damage come finals time. In saying that, the improvement this year, has been huge, and we have so much to look forward to in the coming years, compared to where we were. All we need to do, is keep this group together, because we have so much  young talent and a mix of youngish (is that a word?) mature talent. Hopefully good times await :)

Toga

Dudge knows where it's at ;)

I completely agree with you mate. You have a great young list and will be contenders in the next few years, but I don't see this year being your year.

Power vs Tiges in a few years time! :P

Dudge

Quote from: Toga on April 24, 2013, 08:23:10 PM
Dudge knows where it's at ;)

I completely agree with you mate. You have a great young list and will be contenders in the next few years, but I don't see this year being your year.

Power vs Tiges in a few years time! :P

Yeah, will be some great rivallry. Your young midfield, will make sure of that :)

Toga

For sure! 8)

Let's just hope GWS and GCS aren't too much of a force by then :o :o

Dudge

Quote from: Toga on April 24, 2013, 09:01:55 PM
For sure! 8)

Let's just hope GWS and GCS aren't too much of a force by then :o :o

Yeah i'm hearing ya

Thorpy

As a Port supporter I can see us getting 6-7 wins before the bye. Yes we have played some of the worse and most inexperienced sides but you can only beat who's put in front of you and so far Port have done that. I'm not getting ahead of myself but I am enjoying the winning culture that Hinkley has delivered so far. As for the stats about our contested possessions and clearances we will see how good we are when we play the eagles who are one of the best clearance teams in the AFL I am a fairly sure it will be a good test hopefully Port can deliver!

Wes Mantooth

Well, beat the eagles. Sure bring out the excuses, "yeah but if they kicked straight" "yeah but if priddis didn't get subbed" "yeah but nicnat is out of the team". Keep the excuses coming, I'm happy for Port to prove you wrong.

I won't say they will win the remainder of their games but nth, richmond and carlton are winnable games. I've watched most of Carlton and Richmond's games this year, and I can tell you, bias aside, we'll give them a good run for their money and we've got a brighter future than they do. Quote me on that.