Sick of people writing us off from winning the premiership

Started by phil5158, December 05, 2013, 08:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

I'd say we're a quality tall down back away from being a top 8 side.

Talia is a flowering gun, but he can't beat out both opposition talls... Needs some help.

Sweetness

Lost 6 games by less than 2 goals this year.
Call that "not handling the pressure" or whatever, but if we only won 1 of them we would have made the 8.

Fairly confident of a finals berth next year (likely 5-8).
Tbag makes sense, we do have a good young list, and as unbiasedly as I can, I reckon we will give it a good hot crack in 2-5 years time.

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on September 14, 2014, 11:37:03 PM
Almost hope the Hawks don't make a play for Lyons because I know Bags will lose his shower.  :P

Oh lord no, i think we'd all have to leave for a month or two.

powersuperkents

haha literally any team can list good players... except Melbourne

It's how well those players perform in a team. Look at Hawthorn, very few stars. Yet they play better than any team in the comp. North and Port had no star players, they just played well over the last year/two years and people recognised these individual players.

I honestly think Dangerfield is under a lot of pressure (like Nic Nat), he's a great player, but people expect way too much from him. He's only 24 ffs and critic denigrate him if he doesn't get +25 disposals every game.

Back on topic, if we listed stars, I think GCS would one of the best teams, and if we listed prospective stars... GWS would be the best team in the comp.

I honestly think it's team chemistry holding Adelaide back (and former players departing would account for well over 75% of their drop since 2012), I'm still one of the speculators that thinks Danger will go (I always thought in a straight swap for Gibbs (win-win for both teams) back to Vic once his contract runs out 

powersuperkents

How do you Adelaide supporters feel about the criticism Dangerfield sometimes receives?

I know WCE supporters don't like it when it happens with Nic Nat. I think the AFL expects too much from Danger too early

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:49:52 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
You named two top 8 teams there of the ones you beat, and half the time North play like a bottom 6 side, but yes, you were extremely impressive in those wins against Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, and Melbou-oh wait :-X
it's the way we went about it ;)  oh and when we beat some of those teams, they were top 8, so we beat 5 top eight teams this year, not just the two that finished inside the actual 8, some of the wins were against top 8 teams playing good footy at the time ;)
The two that finished inside the 8 were the two better teams. That's like saying any team that beat GWS had beaten an extra top 8 team cause they beat Sydney in round 1
Nah I just think some of you have crossed wires and forget what actually happened through the year

So easy to say at the end, you beat only two top 8 teams but that is not the truth, the truth is when we played teams in the eight we beat them like Collingwood (Twice) and the Suns, both of whom whilst in the 8 when we beat them playing good footy at that time

Sorry if my superior mind thinks a little differently :P

... it doesn't really matter where they were when you played them, the way the draw works means that you can play really easy teams first and look awesome on the ladder when in reality the teams you've played have just been bad :P

It's like saying the saints are amazing because in round 2 they beat a top 8 team (GWS :P ).

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Ziplock on September 15, 2014, 12:31:41 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:49:52 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:46:17 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 14, 2014, 10:42:48 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 14, 2014, 10:40:33 PM
You named two top 8 teams there of the ones you beat, and half the time North play like a bottom 6 side, but yes, you were extremely impressive in those wins against Brisbane, St Kilda, GWS, and Melbou-oh wait :-X
it's the way we went about it ;)  oh and when we beat some of those teams, they were top 8, so we beat 5 top eight teams this year, not just the two that finished inside the actual 8, some of the wins were against top 8 teams playing good footy at the time ;)
The two that finished inside the 8 were the two better teams. That's like saying any team that beat GWS had beaten an extra top 8 team cause they beat Sydney in round 1
Nah I just think some of you have crossed wires and forget what actually happened through the year

So easy to say at the end, you beat only two top 8 teams but that is not the truth, the truth is when we played teams in the eight we beat them like Collingwood (Twice) and the Suns, both of whom whilst in the 8 when we beat them playing good footy at that time

Sorry if my superior mind thinks a little differently :P

... it doesn't really matter where they were when you played them, the way the draw works means that you can play really easy teams first and look awesome on the ladder when in reality the teams you've played have just been bad :P

It's like saying the saints are amazing because in round 2 they beat a top 8 team (GWS :P ).

I think we are amazing...   8)

tbagrocks

Dangerfield deserves the criticism, see him at the players awards with Ablett? Not the first time he's been shown with Gazza either. His head is too big and he needs to realize sometimes that he has team mates and doesn't need to turn the ball over

Back onto the other topic of beating top 8 sides, you use your judgment on wether a team is playing a good team inside the 8 or not, of course GWS were in the 8 week one, nobody would count them as beating a top 8 team though :P

elephants

Wait, so Danger can't talk to Ablett because he's not as good at footy as him?

tbagrocks

Quote from: elephants on September 15, 2014, 05:48:53 PM
It was the TV that pair em up for the interview, did it last year too. A lot of us over here love Sloaney more than Paddy

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 15, 2014, 05:58:45 PM
It was the TV that pair em up for the interview, did it last year too. A lot of us over here love Sloaney more than Paddy
One of them is me ;)

GoLions

Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2014, 06:08:26 PM
One of them is me ;)
I think a lot of people on the forum as a whole love Sloaney more than Paddy

Jay

Quote from: GoLions on September 15, 2014, 06:50:18 PM
One of them is me ;)
Tex, Sauce, Talia, Eddie... There's a few I rate above Paddy ;)

stew42

tbag, you say that you have a good spine, but the thing that separates the top sides from the rest is the quality of their 6 worst players. Look at Sydney and Hawthorn. Having a spine is all well and good, but if you have crap players doing the rest, you won't succeed. Every player has a role.

elephants

Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2014, 06:53:19 PM
Quote from: GoLions on September 15, 2014, 06:50:18 PM
One of them is me ;)
Tex, Sauce, Talia, Eddie... There's a few I rate above Paddy ;)

Haha!