Main Menu

Phil Walsh 1960-2015 RIP

Started by Grazz, July 03, 2015, 08:10:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark44

Rip washy, tragic way to go, condolences

ryanbob0357

I think the afl should try work out of a way to get the game postponed. No adelaide player will be in the right mind to play competitive footy

Jukes

Just crazy

Will be interesting to see why/how it happened, the son a nutter or something?

_wato

Asparagus

Quote from: ryanbob0357 on July 03, 2015, 09:57:17 AM
I think the afl should try work out of a way to get the game postponed. No adelaide player will be in the right mind to play competitive footy
This

Barra13

Quote from: pommyadam on July 03, 2015, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 03, 2015, 09:14:31 AM
Quote from: BratPack on July 03, 2015, 08:57:10 AM
It's going to be a huge test for the AFL. I can't see Adelaide being in any shape to play Geelong Sunday

I believe the Crows will have to forfeit, that or they try to fit in the match at a later date, but that's not really fair on the Cats.

But before any decision is made, we need to know more detail about what happened.

or for the sake of compassion, then the rest of the games are postponed by a week (kinda like a split round)
which then causes some scheduling issues (but does that really matter in the grand scheme of things?)

If I was Gill I would say no more games this round. Nobody gets any points this round including last nights game. The only problem with that though is there was things like injuries last night. So they'd need to be compensated somehow.

Torpedo10

I couldn't believe this when I heard it.

Thoughts are with the people around him and the Adelaide Footy club.

RIP

RaisyDaisy

HotTiges

Yeah completely and utterly shocked..this kind of situation puts Supercoach into perspective..

Kellogscrunchynut

Can't even fathom that this has happened.

RIP Phil Walsh and my condolences to his family, friends and the Adelaide Football Club.

Raiden

Terrible news, it's hard to believe that this has happened. I can't see the game going ahead this week, no chance the player's will be in the right frame of mind, it wouldn't be fair to put them through it.

_wato

I didn't want to be the one who asked, but in the state that the players did forfeit the game, what happens to you in a SC sense? Do you get the averages of each player or cop a donut? Because players without Adelaide and/or Geelong players will be at an advantage over those who have them.

And popular players include Danger/Jelwood and picks like Blicavs/Smith/SJ/Laird

It is a tragedy though, and full condolences to everyone involved. I honestly cannot believe that this has happened. And to everyone who knew Phil, they always talked so highly and proudly of him. He was such a respected man within not only the AFL but within society and we as a community have lost a good one. Rest in peace mate.

ossie85

Quote from: Barra13 on July 03, 2015, 10:00:56 AM
Quote from: pommyadam on July 03, 2015, 09:35:02 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 03, 2015, 09:14:31 AM
Quote from: BratPack on July 03, 2015, 08:57:10 AM
It's going to be a huge test for the AFL. I can't see Adelaide being in any shape to play Geelong Sunday

I believe the Crows will have to forfeit, that or they try to fit in the match at a later date, but that's not really fair on the Cats.

But before any decision is made, we need to know more detail about what happened.

or for the sake of compassion, then the rest of the games are postponed by a week (kinda like a split round)
which then causes some scheduling issues (but does that really matter in the grand scheme of things?)

If I was Gill I would say no more games this round. Nobody gets any points this round including last nights game. The only problem with that though is there was things like injuries last night. So they'd need to be compensated somehow.

I don't think they can cancel all the matches - you have to think of the TV rights, the thousands of fans with tickets, traveling and accommodation. This isn't like the Phil Hughes thing with the Sheffield Shield - this is far, far bigger commercially.

I think they can cancel the Crows/Cats, but not the other 7 matches

sammy123

RIP walshy. They need to post pone the game.

Now from a SC perspective. How would this work as some people have a few crows players. So 0 all round or what?

RaisyDaisy

_wato: I would be surprised if CD have even got a plan in place for something like this, so we will just have to wait and see to hear what they plan on doing