Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

These empty eastern states stadiums tho

Should play three tests in Perth

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on January 03, 2017, 03:36:52 PM

Should play every game of cricket ever in the new Perth Stadium. Only 60,000 seats, gonna be full and zero chance of rain

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2017, 04:04:21 PM

Should play every game of cricket ever in the new Perth Stadium. Only 60,000 seats, gonna be full and zero chance of rain
You guys couldn't even fill out the WACA... The Basketball and Soccer outnumbered the cricket while the test was on.

Bill Manspeaker

I'd be happy for every game to be played in Perth, purely cos of the time zone

Bill Manspeaker

good bouncer that. got him right on the grill. looked nasty but Renshaw's alright

elephants

Quote from: PowerBug on January 03, 2017, 04:22:51 PM

You guys couldn't even fill out the WACA... The Basketball and Soccer outnumbered the cricket while the test was on.

Its because the WACA is a shower venue. Dunno if you've ever been, but I'd almost rather go to Adelaide than go to a WACA sporting event and thats saying something!

Bill Manspeaker

flower yeah Matty well batted!

Jay

Bill Manspeaker

PowerBug

Quote from: elephants on January 03, 2017, 04:51:51 PM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 03, 2017, 04:22:51 PM

Its because the WACA is a shower venue. Dunno if you've ever been, but I'd almost rather go to Adelaide than go to a WACA sporting event and thats saying something!
Nah haven't been to the WACA but it looks really nice! I suppose people want seats though and there is only like 1 main stand there? Perth Stadium will give 60,000 seated people which should attract.

What made the Adelaide crowds rise was the change of location from whoop whoop West Lakes to the city, and from memory the WACA isn't that far away from the city centre. (One of the CATs goes right by it correct?)

QLD, NSW, VIC can have all the players, but WA and SA can host all the games :P

Bill Manspeaker

massive inside edge. almost middled the cow. poor decision

Jukes

Did smith really miss the opportunity to further pad the stats in a meaningless test on a great pitch? Amazing

Carn Renshaw tho, another great English opener. Him and Carty at the crease soon pls

Bill Manspeaker

and Renshaw bats the whole day. magnificent innings, keep it going tomorrow and get a biggie

Jukes

Hopefully this means Shauny Marsh gets to keep playing for the scorchers :3

Unless Lehmann makes a smart move and drops Warner for India like I think he should

Hawka

Amazing day of cricket
Warner was WOW
and Renshaw looks like a player who will make many big scores in his carear , He needs to go to India, it might be tough for him but he has the composure and pateince to grind out a good innings anywhere, clearly puts a high value on his wicket