Australia vs Pakistan (Tests and ODIs)

Started by nrich102, December 08, 2016, 12:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Gigantor on December 17, 2016, 02:21:22 PM
Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on December 17, 2016, 02:18:05 PM
Quote from: Gigantor on December 16, 2016, 10:18:19 PM
If Smith doesn't enforce the follow on and Pakistan show a bit more fight in the second innings I might see some extended action on day 4  ;D ;D ;D
Mark Nicholas just said something about thunderstorms tomorrow so might get that refund after all!
If the match lasts past today haha
reckon the perfect scenario would be for us to make them follow on and have em 9 down for bugger all at stumps so it goes to day 4, but it gets rained out so you get that refund

...well the perfect scenario would be for the Pakis to show some fight and the rain to stay away so you can spend all day getting hammered in that pool watching some cricket but you know what I mean :P

Nige

Quote from: Gigantor on December 17, 2016, 02:16:33 PM
Quote from: Nige on December 17, 2016, 10:41:15 AM
I'd be pretty happy to never see Wade or Maddinson in the national squad again, or the test side at the very least.

Ashton Turner should get a crack this series, currently the best number 6 in the Sheffield Sheild, great fielder and a handy part time spinner as well.
Absolutely no WA bias involved at all ;)
Huge Ashton Turner fan, so I'm right on board with this.

Bill Manspeaker

tiiiiny tiny edge

he genuinely thought he didn't hit it

Bill Manspeaker

that ain't gonna get people on your side Maddo

Ringo

Gee Video Reviews have taken away all the benefit of doubt to batsmen these days. Lighting up of bails proves to be the difference here as there was definitely no way without it you could have given that out,

GoLions

Bat Maddo at 3. Can score quickly, and gives him one more chance to prove himself at this level. He won't get to do shower at 6.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Ringo on December 17, 2016, 03:54:07 PM
Gee Video Reviews have taken away all the benefit of doubt to batsmen these days. Lighting up of bails proves to be the difference here as there was definitely no way without it you could have given that out,
and I think they light up before they are completely dislodged. that would be given not out if not for the zing bails, no doubt

shaker

Why won't the Aussies enforce the follow on anymore ?

Nige

Quote from: shaker on December 17, 2016, 04:15:47 PM
They seem to like grinding teams into the dirt and ensuring there's literally no way back.

colmullet

Sport's scientists forcing the bowlers to get a rest

shaker

Quote from: Nige on December 17, 2016, 04:17:10 PM
They seem to like grinding teams into the dirt and ensuring there's literally no way back.

We had them on the ropes nearly 300 up the bowlers are fresh and bowling well just seems that aspect of test cricket is gone well for the Aussies anyway they need to grow some coconuts and go for the kill

Levi434

I think Healy has lost it...

GoLions

Quote from: shaker on December 17, 2016, 04:22:11 PM

We had them on the ropes nearly 300 up the bowlers are fresh and bowling well just seems that aspect of test cricket is gone well for the Aussies anyway they need to grow some coconuts and go for the kill
Probably didn't want to be bowling all day in this heat. I'd imagine we'll be bowling in the final session tonight with a 450+ lead.

shaker

Quote from: GoLions on December 17, 2016, 04:23:20 PM
Quote from: shaker on December 17, 2016, 04:22:11 PM

Probably didn't want to be bowling all day in this heat. I'd imagine we'll be bowling in the final session tonight with a 450+ lead.

All has it done has handed Pakistan back the momentum as you can see it is a very good bowling track , that's why players are paid huge salaries to do it a bit hard work in the heat if that is the best option

GoLions