Main Menu

EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Ziplock on August 23, 2017, 08:52:12 PM
I played 9 mids every week #noruck #noworries

But yeah, just need some clearly defined rules. Tbh, I think the emergency for that position should come on, unless that E would result in a lower score than the injured player.

+1

Also wouldn't mind if we left the sub out. Yes it sucks when it happens, but on average we should all get our fair share (on both ends). Just part of the swings and roundabouts of the game IMO.

elephants

Quote from: Scrads on August 23, 2017, 09:03:03 PM

But yeah, just need some clearly defined rules. Tbh, I think the emergency for that position should come on, unless that E would result in a lower score than the injured player.

+1

Also wouldn't mind if we left the sub out. Yes it sucks when it happens, but on average we should all get our fair share (on both ends). Just part of the swings and roundabouts of the game IMO.

Agreed.

I don't mind not having it, as Scrads says it should even out over time and it gives the rebuilding sides a sniff against the big dogs

However if we do need to have it, emg in the possie should come in.

nas

Quote from: elephants on August 24, 2017, 04:20:39 AM
Quote from: Scrads on August 23, 2017, 09:03:03 PM

+1

Agreed.

I don't mind not having it, as Scrads says it should even out over time and it gives the rebuilding sides a sniff against the big dogs

However if we do need to have it, emg in the possie should come in.

Name 4 emerg, per position, know that in some cases maybe an (ie: oop R) could come into play, but at least something scored.

nas

Trading thread is now open. http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,110300.0.html

Will be starting on the two draft (National & Rookie) threads & getting them up soon as well.

Ziplock

Not sure how I feel about hungary getting a priority pick considering they finished as premiers last year... I would have thought priority picks would be handed to teams that have consistently struggled

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on August 29, 2017, 03:11:09 PM
Not sure how I feel about hungary getting a priority pick considering they finished as premiers last year... I would have thought priority picks would be handed to teams that have consistently struggled

thats a mistake.

no priority picks this year. Both Bison and Hungary are strong enough.

nas

Quote from: Holz on August 29, 2017, 03:14:43 PM

thats a mistake.

Re above only followed rule book.
2.5 Compensations picks are awarded when a team finishes a season with three or less wins. This means that they will receive a pick in the first round of the draft after the team's first pick or after the team all the other teams who received a compensation before you have taken their pick.

LaHug

Quote from: nas on August 29, 2017, 03:30:20 PM

thats a mistake.

2.5 Compensations picks are awarded when a team finishes a season with three or less wins. This means that they will receive a pick in the first round of the draft after the team's first pick or after the team all the other teams who received a compensation before you have taken their pick.

Bison are strong enough? Bison have won 6 games over the last two years - good for worst in the comp. I like out potential, particularly as a biased head coach, but we're relying on luck that our young players actually become good. Otherwise, we're stuck at the bottom for the foreseeable future.

Rids

Bison definitely need a priority pick imo. We are fine with that.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: LaHug on August 29, 2017, 03:54:49 PM

thats a mistake.

Bison are strong enough? Bison have won 6 games over the last two years - good for worst in the comp. I like out potential, particularly as a biased head coach, but we're relying on luck that our young players actually become good. Otherwise, we're stuck at the bottom for the foreseeable future.

Then trade in players over 25 yo

LF

Yep agree also Bison should have a priority pick

LaHug

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on August 29, 2017, 04:10:55 PM
Quote from: LaHug on August 29, 2017, 03:54:49 PM

thats a mistake.

Then trade in players over 25 yo

Nobody's willing to trade away anyone over 25 that's also good enough to actually get us any wins this year. By trading in exclusively young players, we increase our chances that a few of them make the leap and then we're back in contention. A priority pick just gives us one more chance to do that. It's the only reasonable approach.

We peaked as Runners Up, a whole bunch of our players were super old and retiring. It's just how it works unless you're a draft expert and keep picking up the best young guys at pick 15 each year.

elephants

Yeah I don't mind it, given the assistance I think LH would be able to help his team up the ladder. Good for the rest of the comp.

Its not like poor trading/drafting has been the reason for their lacklustre showing the past couple of years

Holz

They have

a likely top 10 mid so a great captain option who is only 24.
the best ruck in the comp who is only 23
a top 10 ruck who is only 23 and has alot of value on the trade market.

A top 3 pick in Mcgluggage to go with youth in Moore Weller Sympkin Powell Pepper, Tucker

I have complete faith that with Pick 2 and 16 in the draft to go along with Rookie 2 that Lahug can make this a very competitive team next year.

The strength of the list is there. You cant go on how many wins the team has done as if that was the case then Hungary needs to priority pick and they dont need it either. I dont think Belarus are struggling at all and have significant trade assets.

Rids

Quote from: Holz on August 29, 2017, 04:33:21 PM
They have

a likely top 10 mid so a great captain option who is only 24.
the best ruck in the comp who is only 23
a top 10 ruck who is only 23 and has alot of value on the trade market.

A top 3 pick in Mcgluggage to go with youth in Moore Weller Sympkin Powell Pepper, Tucker

I have complete faith that with Pick 2 and 16 in the draft to go along with Rookie 2 that Lahug can make this a very competitive team next year.

The strength of the list is there. You cant go on how many wins the team has done as if that was the case then Hungary needs to priority pick and they dont need it either. I dont think Belarus are struggling at all and have significant trade assets.

1 captain option and 2 decent rucks for the 1 spot. 0 depth and 0 top end talent across backs and fwds.

I would suggest that when your best forward or back is named Jack Darling, then you require assistance. Trading Nank and the priority pick would give the team a serious leg up.

Everyone wants more competitive leagues which I think EXV is very close to achieving.