Main Menu

EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Rids on November 30, 2016, 10:36:53 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 30, 2016, 09:21:42 PM
Wouldnt there be a need for the trade to be approved as well?

Sorry but not sure I am a fan of this and all I can see happening is people using the 24 hour window to try and make a trade on facebook etc.

Admittedly we have what, 4 months before round 1? There's always a huge dead patch for EXV over the summer so if the rookie draft drags on a bit it will just make that shorter.

There's 2 options we could do to simplify the approval of trades. 1) we could just back all the coaches and say that all trades pass 2) we could make it that if a trade gets denied, the team that picked a player to trade them can either keep that player or pick a new one as soon as the trade is denied (they'll have to risk that if it does get denied, other people may have continued taking picks).

Sorry mate but I really dont want to be on fanfooty over my holiday at Christmas. I understand what you are saying and agree to a point but personally late Dec till start of the season proper is the busiest time of the year for myself with the website, work, festive season etc. I am only talking for myself here obviously so a vote might mean it is brought in. I would personally find it very frustrating to the point where I would prob lose more interest and look at not partaking at all.

Again just sharing my views on it from my perspective.

All good mate, I understand that. As I said, it was just an idea I floated on a whim and I won't be fussed if nothing comes of it. Regardless of whether it happens or not, we've traditionally had a trade period after the rookie draft which is in that sort of January period anyway, and obviously you wouldn't be compelled to participate at all (nor would it affect any of your existing picks) so if it were to happen, I'd hope it wouldn't turn you or anyone from the comp!

Nige

Yeah, not really a fan at all tbh.

Ziplock

Tbh, my issue with it is that I don't see the any significant advantage over having the trade period separate to the rookie draft

Spite

I would probably vote yes to it but not partake myself, don't really feel at a disadvantage for not participating so doesn't matter much to me

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on November 30, 2016, 11:35:00 PM
I would probably vote yes to it but not partake myself, don't really feel at a disadvantage for not participating so doesn't matter much to me

I think the disadvantage is that if you want/ need trades done you'll need to be online a lot :/

Hellopplz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 01, 2016, 12:41:42 AM
I think the disadvantage is that if you want/ need trades done you'll need to be online a lot :/
Pretty much during the drafts.

I am not on FF too much and most people know to reach me on FB if they need something done so I can jump on, as I can go missing on here for days (only been on a bit lately due to draftings). Busy time over the next few months so I'm all for another trading period with no restrictions, but like Rids said, come the festive season and holidays, we'll have to relax rules and still not punish those for not jumping on during that time of year which is just a way of life.

Holz

Agree on the December thing.

If we start like December 10 I'm not sure we will get through in 10 days.

I'm also away in Japan 15 Jan to 20 Feb.  I'll be on ff but only once a day when I'm in the hotel

nostradamus

It a big no from me.

We have enough drafting, trading etc here.

The comp is great as is, to me it seems like change for changes sake.

I'd really hate for it to go from enjoyable to a never ending chore.

Nige

Part of Euros charm is the sheer simplicity which differentiates it from the other comps, I'd hate to lose that.

Agreed with nost in that seems like change for changes sake.

Holz

Quote from: Nige on December 01, 2016, 10:52:30 AM
Part of Euros charm is the sheer simplicity which differentiates it from the other comps, I'd hate to lose that.

Agreed with nost in that seems like change for changes sake.

ok ill keep it simple.

LaHug

We should make a rule where everyone has to accept any trade I offer them, no matter how one sided.

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on December 01, 2016, 12:04:33 PM
We should make a rule where everyone has to accept any trade I offer them, no matter how one sided except the Bashers.

Sounds good to me! All in favour?

Holz

Quote from: elephants on December 01, 2016, 12:22:39 PM
We should make a rule where everyone has to accept any trade I offer them, no matter how one sided except the Bashers.

can be done, but then ill just auto reject all of Lahug's trades. :P

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on December 01, 2016, 12:25:47 PM

Can we add an amendment to the rule that I can approve me own trades?

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on December 01, 2016, 12:38:20 PM
Quote from: Holz on December 01, 2016, 12:25:47 PM

Can we add an amendment to the rule that I can approve me own trades?

nah I like my dictatorship