EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Holz on November 30, 2016, 03:37:44 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: LaHug on November 30, 2016, 03:24:46 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 03:13:47 PM
We could let trading run for a week or two before delistings are due, then just leave trading open as we begin the rookie draft? Then let trading run until a pre-determined date after the rookie draft?

That sounds reasonable. What about list numbers though? I guess we just couldn't do 2 for 1 trades after Rookie draft?

Yeah that's what happens normally, 1-1, 2-2 etc only after the rookie draft.

if people like it we can have a trade period running into the draft, actually would be really interesting to see some trades as people scramble to pick up guys they wanted in the rookie draft.

As soon as delistings finalized trades must be 1 for 1 or 2 for 2.

once positions announced and nat finishes i will start a new trade period with no restrictions and work on getting list up to date over the week. Then we can start the rookie draft.

If people aren't keen that's fine, was literally an idea I had on a whim haha

LaHug

Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 03:40:21 PM
We could let trading run for a week or two before delistings are due, then just leave trading open as we begin the rookie draft? Then let trading run until a pre-determined date after the rookie draft?

That sounds reasonable. What about list numbers though? I guess we just couldn't do 2 for 1 trades after Rookie draft?

if people like it we can have a trade period running into the draft, actually would be really interesting to see some trades as people scramble to pick up guys they wanted in the rookie draft.

once positions announced and nat finishes i will start a new trade period with no restrictions and work on getting list up to date over the week. Then we can start the rookie draft.

As far as I can tell, there are more positives than negatives. If people don't want to trade after a certain point, they just say no to offers. I can't see why I'd want to trade during and after the rookie draft but it's interesting regardless.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on November 30, 2016, 03:46:34 PM

As far as I can tell, there are more positives than negatives. If people don't want to trade after a certain point, they just say no to offers. I can't see why I'd want to trade during and after the rookie draft but it's interesting regardless.

yep its on. love the idea, actually think it would be better in the nat. If you see a guy slipping then you talk to someone with a higer pick and get them. if it works in the rookie this year then the plan is to implement it next year. You could even have a rolling trade where there trading goes for the whole offseason.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on November 30, 2016, 03:53:19 PM
Quote from: LaHug on November 30, 2016, 03:46:34 PM

yep its on. love the idea, actually think it would be better in the nat. If you see a guy slipping then you talk to someone with a higer pick and get them. if it works in the rookie this year then the plan is to implement it next year. You could even have a rolling trade where there trading goes for the whole offseason.

Agree it would work well in the Nat. Only fear is how much longer it might make the draft take because you'd have to make a "we'll trade 24 and 30 for 20 if blah blah is still around" type of trade. It'd be so much easier if we were all just in a room for the draft.

Obviously never going to happen but how cool would it be if, one year, we all managed to get together in the same place and had a live draft with trade discussions, drinks, and banter?

Scrads

^would be so good!

To combat the time wasting, we could still adhere to the 2h/24h rules.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 04:01:50 PM
^would be so good!

yeah rules wont change. The way it see it working is everyone lets William Drew Slip in the draft. im on and its pick 23. I see Scrads has pick 26 i send him a message saying pick 34 + Pick 35 is yours for the next pick. He accpets its PMed to me and i approve. Basically relies on me being on all the time, which more then often i am.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on November 30, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
^would be so good!

yeah rules wont change. The way it see it working is everyone lets William Drew Slip in the draft. im on and its pick 23. I see Scrads has pick 26 i send him a message saying pick 34 + Pick 35 is yours for the next pick. He accpets its PMed to me and i approve. Basically relies on me being on all the time, which more then often i am.

But would people be willing to make that trade if it's not already pick 26? Drew could be picked up at 23, 24, or 25 and you've stuffed up your trade... Might take some ironing out but I have no qualms with trying it.

Holz

Quote from: LaHug on November 30, 2016, 04:41:48 PM
Quote from: Holz on November 30, 2016, 04:10:28 PM
^would be so good!

But would people be willing to make that trade if it's not already pick 26? Drew could be picked up at 23, 24, or 25 and you've stuffed up your trade... Might take some ironing out but I have no qualms with trying it.

thats the risk the person needs to make. they can try for pick 23 then they just need to get in under the 2 hour rule.

we could remove me from the picture completely by using the value of picks. so they need to be within 20% etc..

Pick 23 has value of 815.

so that means i need to offer 652 to 978 in value.

so pick 37,38 is 948 etc...

or because that might not be high enough

Pick 23 + Pick 55 is 1022 so the cap is 817 to 1226

so that could be pick 31 + Pick 32

its not too hard a calculation to do.

Scrads

We do pick swaps with our trades normally without taking into consideration draft points or anything.

I would guess there's 2 ways you can do it. Using Holz example, you could just do the 26 for 33 + 34 trade straight off the bat and hope your player lasts to you, if not then you pick someone else anyway. The other option is you agree to the deal with the other team, then when it gets to their pick if the said player is available they take them, then you put the trade through (picks 33 + 34 for the player). Or you do the trade of picks when it gets to that person's pick and then you take the player yourself.

Holz

Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 05:03:47 PM
We do pick swaps with our trades normally without taking into consideration draft points or anything.

I would guess there's 2 ways you can do it. Using Holz example, you could just do the 26 for 33 + 34 trade straight off the bat and hope your player lasts to you, if not then you pick someone else anyway. The other option is you agree to the deal with the other team, then when it gets to their pick if the said player is available they take them, then you put the trade through (picks 33 + 34 for the player). Or you do the trade of picks when it gets to that person's pick and then you take the player yourself.

the reason for the points was so that a trade can be agreed and passed without any admin approval.

which is the best way of doing it. so if its pick 23 and my guy i want lasts i go hey Scrads ill chuck yah 31 and 32 for 23 and 55. You accept it auto passes as it falls in the points cap and bang I pick up Drew.

you then have pick 31 plus pick 32.

the draft continues on and then someone Nige, Dom, Holz changed the draft order. unless im sleeping i pretty much will pick it up before it gets to pick 31.

Scrads

Quote from: Holz on November 30, 2016, 05:10:03 PM
Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 05:03:47 PM

the reason for the points was so that a trade can be agreed and passed without any admin approval.

which is the best way of doing it. so if its pick 23 and my guy i want lasts i go hey Scrads ill chuck yah 31 and 32 for 23 and 55. You accept it auto passes as it falls in the points cap and bang I pick up Drew.

you then have pick 31 plus pick 32.

the draft continues on and then someone Nige, Dom, Holz changed the draft order. unless im sleeping i pretty much will pick it up before it gets to pick 31.

Ah yes I see now, you want to cater for trades that might need to be denied messing up with the draft. In that case maybe yeah we could have a points threshold.

Ziplock

I'd rather keep it simple and keep drafting and trading periods completely separate.

I'd be worried about over complicating it and it giving an edge to the larger coaching teams or more active coaches

I'd probably prefer nat --> trades (after positions, capped for positional changes?)--> rookie

Rids

Wouldnt there be a need for the trade to be approved as well?

Sorry but not sure I am a fan of this and all I can see happening is people using the 24 hour window to try and make a trade on facebook etc.

Scrads

Quote from: Rids on November 30, 2016, 09:21:42 PM

Sorry but not sure I am a fan of this and all I can see happening is people using the 24 hour window to try and make a trade on facebook etc.

Admittedly we have what, 4 months before round 1? There's always a huge dead patch for EXV over the summer so if the rookie draft drags on a bit it will just make that shorter.

There's 2 options we could do to simplify the approval of trades. 1) we could just back all the coaches and say that all trades pass 2) we could make it that if a trade gets denied, the team that picked a player to trade them can either keep that player or pick a new one as soon as the trade is denied (they'll have to risk that if it does get denied, other people may have continued taking picks).

Rids

Quote from: Scrads on November 30, 2016, 10:21:37 PM
Quote from: Rids on November 30, 2016, 09:21:42 PM

Admittedly we have what, 4 months before round 1? There's always a huge dead patch for EXV over the summer so if the rookie draft drags on a bit it will just make that shorter.

There's 2 options we could do to simplify the approval of trades. 1) we could just back all the coaches and say that all trades pass 2) we could make it that if a trade gets denied, the team that picked a player to trade them can either keep that player or pick a new one as soon as the trade is denied (they'll have to risk that if it does get denied, other people may have continued taking picks).

Sorry mate but I really dont want to be on fanfooty over my holiday at Christmas. I understand what you are saying and agree to a point but personally late Dec till start of the season proper is the busiest time of the year for myself with the website, work, festive season etc. I am only talking for myself here obviously so a vote might mean it is brought in. I would personally find it very frustrating to the point where I would prob lose more interest and look at not partaking at all.

Again just sharing my views on it from my perspective.