Main Menu

EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: Nige on February 01, 2016, 05:56:45 PM
Not a fan of either honestly. Takes away a bit of meaning from the rookie draft especially.

This is downside. It devalues the rookie abit but a max of 28 are taken probably less. There are more then 28 guys i like in this rookie.

Also guys like ahh chee, gray only broke out in the second half.

Ziplock

I don't like that it devalues the rookie either.

Tbh, I'd prefer a limited trade period.... and I know while we're a DT competition, allowing position changes with the AFL fantasy added DPPs would be alright- it accounts for scoring differences due to positional changes and it won't negatively affect anyone's team

LF

I personally see no point in a trading period mid season,hard enough to do a trade with anyone in the off season so would be a complete and utter waste of time.

Scrads

Don't like devaluing the rookie, it's one of the unique things about EXV that the rookie draft is so strong.

Ziplock

what about letting everyone delist as many players as they want, but you can only pick players up from the delisted players.

Whoever delists first gets first  pick (you have to have at least like 6 hours between each delisting or something :P )

Doesn't affect the rookie pool, but could still help people move around depth players without the rookie draft

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 01, 2016, 10:07:50 PM
what about letting everyone delist as many players as they want, but you can only pick players up from the delisted players.

Whoever delists first gets first  pick (you have to have at least like 6 hours between each delisting or something :P )

Doesn't affect the rookie pool, but could still help people move around depth players without the rookie draft

the idea behind the mini draft is that you can bolster your lines. Its only a max of 2 players so isnt that bad.

so say my number 1 ruck has gone down and no back ups are playing im losing every week because of it. becasue of the removal of the sub vest there is a guy playing scoring 55-60 a week. I drop perhaps an old guy or an injured player and pick him up.

we could make it 1 player not 2 as to not weaken the draft too much.

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on February 01, 2016, 08:45:30 PM
Don't like devaluing the rookie, it's one of the unique things about EXV that the rookie draft is so strong.

Holz

Quote from: Ricochet on February 02, 2016, 11:41:14 AM

what do we think about a trade period then?

very limited and will keep the rookie strong. just bring some interest and lets you cover some holes. 

Ricochet

Quote from: Holz on February 02, 2016, 11:43:43 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on February 02, 2016, 11:41:14 AM

what do we think about a trade period then?

very limited and will keep the rookie strong. just bring some interest and lets you cover some holes.
Yeh i don't reckon we'd mind it. Would definitely add something new

Spite

When do we have to name our players to be on our rookie list by?

Holz

Quote from: Spite on February 03, 2016, 05:07:11 PM
When do we have to name our players to be on our rookie list by?

when the rookie draft finishes

Nige

Jaensch retired effective immediately.

What happens now, Holz?

Holz

Quote from: Nige on February 26, 2016, 06:22:38 PM

What happens now, Holz?

was originally thinking thats abit of bad luck. But on second thoughts i think a rookie pick after the essendon draft is fair. going before essendon is a little unfair to people who are already hit with an essendon player.

I think the last pick in the draft isnt too much as if anyone wanted someone they could have taken someone. I personally would love another rookie pick as there are some guys i think people missed.

Nige

Yeah, happy with that.

Bit of a blow losing both Jaensch and Hooker but we'll cope with some good kids coming through and likely to play games.

Ziplock

Quote from: Holz on February 26, 2016, 08:20:19 PM
Quote from: Nige on February 26, 2016, 06:22:38 PM

What happens now, Holz?

was originally thinking thats abit of bad luck. But on second thoughts i think a rookie pick after the essendon draft is fair. going before essendon is a little unfair to people who are already hit with an essendon player.

I think the last pick in the draft isnt too much as if anyone wanted someone they could have taken someone. I personally would love another rookie pick as there are some guys i think people missed.

see, people who are hit with an essendon player have had more time to plan and adjust, since they knee about it pre rookie (+ the 2 years before hand), so I would think it's more unfair to go after :P