Main Menu

EXV: Discussion

Started by Vinny, September 15, 2014, 10:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

The Swiss Storm have a nice announcement to make ahead of the 2016 season and you can find out about it here!

T Dog

Quote from: Nige on January 11, 2016, 08:11:53 PM
The Swiss Storm have a nice announcement to make ahead of the 2016 season and you can find out about it here!

Wow Big Nige, catching Barra on Monday... ;D

Barra13

Glad to be here guys. Looks like a good comp to be in with the names going around here!

Spinking

Quote from: Barra13 on January 11, 2016, 08:16:38 PM
Glad to be here guys. Looks like a good comp to be in with the names going around here!

Welcome aboard Barra!!

Atto

Quote from: Nige on January 11, 2016, 08:11:53 PM

Beat me to it! haha! Welcome aboard anyways Barra!

Hellopplz

Welcome to the league Barra! Hope you enjoy it :D.

Holz

This is just talks but what do people think about a mid season trade period with a cap of say 5 players moved to go for 2 weeks during the byes?

would obvisouly bring some interest when nothing is going on and allow people to fill holes if players underpeform or get injured.

elephants

I don't mind it, we ran it in Americas I think. I'd say a smaller cap though, 5 players might not seem like much but its essentially a third of a starting team.

I reckon 2-3 moves would be more like it imo

Spinking

Quote from: Holz on February 01, 2016, 02:46:09 PM
This is just talks but what do people think about a mid season trade period with a cap of say 5 players moved to go for 2 weeks during the byes?

would obvisouly bring some interest when nothing is going on and allow people to fill holes if players underpeform or get injured.

Love this idea. Breaks the season up and gives a bit of interest to those not competing for finals.

Consider a mid season draft?  :D

LF

Would prefer a mid season draft with no trading of picks allowed and only participate if you want to and maybe a limit of picks since you'd need to delist to take any picks anyway

Holz

Mid Season Draft Idea:

There will be two rounds of drafting from leftover players after the rookie draft finishes this year. You will need to delist to be able to enter the draft.

thinking list soley on ladder position at that time or the average of your ladder position last year and this year.

leaning towards a draft rather then a trade period know aswell. Still lots of solid guys will be available and more will identify themselves. like your Oxley Saad types.

im also thinking you can maybe sell your player for picks too. would be 1 for 1 so for example if I had enough of Mathew Buntine but i know people would like him I could auction him off to the highest bidder which might be mid season draft pick 5. So i could pick up a forward or mid instead.

LF

Quote from: Holz on February 01, 2016, 05:10:28 PM
Mid Season Draft Idea:

There will be two rounds of drafting from leftover players after the rookie draft finishes this year. You will need to delist to be able to enter the draft.

thinking list soley on ladder position at that time or the average of your ladder position last year and this year.

leaning towards a draft rather then a trade period know aswell. Still lots of solid guys will be available and more will identify themselves. like your Oxley Saad types.

Ladder positions at the time the draft occurs should be used imo and (doubt it would happen) anyone caught tanking for the mid season draft should not be allowed to participate in it.
Two rounds is fine in order to fill some holes if needed and also not sure what you think if you delist a rookie listed player then the player picked in the draft goes onto your rookie list in their place.

Holz

Quote from: LF on February 01, 2016, 05:14:26 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 01, 2016, 05:10:28 PM
Mid Season Draft Idea:

Ladder positions at the time the draft occurs should be used imo and (doubt it would happen) anyone caught tanking for the mid season draft should not be allowed to participate in it.
Two rounds is fine in order to fill some holes if needed and also not sure what you think if you delist a rookie listed player then the player picked in the draft goes onto your rookie list in their place.

I think if you delist a rookie they come on as a rookie. If you delist a senior player they can go to the rookie and you can elevate another senior player.

I would assume the coaches would want at least half these guys on playing lists though. most people have a few injuries at this stage so might be a strategy to keep a LTI upgrade spot open leading into the byes.

nrich102

I like the idea of a mid season trade period. Should only have 2 or max 3 movements I think though.  Wouldn't mid a draft either, but we should have to delist players to participate in it, yeah nah?

Nige

Not a fan of either honestly. Takes away a bit of meaning from the rookie draft especially.