EXV: Rookie Draft 2016

Started by elephants, September 04, 2016, 05:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 02:11:34 PM
A defender that dropped 4 scores of 80+ in his first 8 games. I've seen enough to suspect this guy definitely has a fantasy scoring future, and I can't wait for him to do a Pittard and shed one of his last names the year before he goes premo ;)

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Welcome to the Bashers!

Dammit :( Was hoping you'd take a ruck and leave us with DBJ :( :(

Croatia takes Jordan Foote.

Belarus takes Jayden Hunt.

I'll PM next and The Bison are done.

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on February 22, 2017, 02:24:00 PM
A defender that dropped 4 scores of 80+ in his first 8 games. I've seen enough to suspect this guy definitely has a fantasy scoring future, and I can't wait for him to do a Pittard and shed one of his last names the year before he goes premo ;)

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Welcome to the Bashers!

Haha I am no fool!

elephants

Fairly surprised this bloke lasted to us here! Coming off an ACL, about 12 months ago I would have had him top 3 in the rookie draft. I've cooled on him a lot lately although I would have rated him inside my top 10 (depending on needs).

Step up, a good WA boy, Jackson Ramsay!

Will give the OP a good update and have messaged Zip.

elephants

OP should be right up to date, have included all the passes I have been made aware of so we should be able to race through a few picks today

Holz

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Welcome to the Bashers!

DBJ was my pick but went with the goldy cover. Givne the state of my defense regret not taking DBJ but all good ill find some others.

LaHug

Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 03:13:36 PM

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Welcome to the Bashers!

DBJ was my pick but went with the goldy cover. Givne the state of my defense regret not taking DBJ but all good ill find some others.

I wrongly assumed that ele was going to take a ruck and would take O'Brien with his pick because he already had Jacobs. I thought I'd better take O'Brien with that pick and then DBJ if he slips through with ele and LF both needing rucks. Looks like I was wrong.

Ziplock

We'll go Wilson

Same reason as Ruggles really, provides that defensive depth, a player about to hit his prime etc.

elephants

Quote from: LaHug on February 22, 2017, 03:17:28 PM
Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 03:13:36 PM

Darcy Byrne-Jones

Welcome to the Bashers!

I wrongly assumed that ele was going to take a ruck and would take O'Brien with his pick because he already had Jacobs. I thought I'd better take O'Brien with that pick and then DBJ if he slips through with ele and LF both needing rucks. Looks like I was wrong.

I figured 15-20 was the range that ROB would go. I'll admit I was slightly disappointed he didn't get the chance to slide, but I just couldn't say not to DBJ and 18 and Rambo at 22!

Holz

Quote from: Ziplock on February 22, 2017, 03:33:05 PM
We'll go Wilson

Same reason as Ruggles really, provides that defensive depth, a player about to hit his prime etc.

geez your killing me.

both my defenders gone.

elephants

Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 03:52:48 PM
We'll go Wilson

geez your killing me.

both my defenders gone.

This is why in future we should pump out the rookie draft and have a 1 week trade window post-draft ;)

Holz

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
We'll go Wilson

geez your killing me.

both my defenders gone.

This is why in future we should pump out the rookie draft and have a 1 week trade window post-draft ;)

i was just about to say i absolutely love having the draft close to the season and was thinking we go even later next year. People are getting some serious value now rather then just taking stabs in the dark. If we drafted 2 weeks ago i would have taken DBJ pick 8.

being close to the season ill be able to pick up a decent defender.

LF

No surprise with the defenders getting picked up,look at the team lists and see how many teams needed defenders,this is why we grabbed Dea with our first pick so we could get our ruck backup along with another mid with later picks,could see a lot of defenders going in these rounds

elephants

Quote from: Holz on February 22, 2017, 04:07:15 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 03:54:14 PM
We'll go Wilson

geez your killing me.

both my defenders gone.

i was just about to say i absolutely love having the draft close to the season and was thinking we go even later next year. People are getting some serious value now rather then just taking stabs in the dark. If we drafted 2 weeks ago i would have taken DBJ pick 8.

being close to the season ill be able to pick up a decent defender.

Haha, instead I'm getting some serious value in DBJ at 18 ;) People letting him slide cos Port haven't played a JLT match yet.

I don't really mind when we do it, but the absolute key is that THIS MUST BE DECIDED IN THE POST-SEASON IN OCTOBER!!! Some teams are put at a significant disadvantage by having some JLT matches played and others not played. Plus this entirely changes the value of some rookie picks (for better and worse) therefore it is critical that everyone is on the same page from the beginning of the trade window.

Quote from: LF on February 22, 2017, 04:12:16 PM
No surprise with the defenders getting picked up,look at the team lists and see how many teams needed defenders,this is why we grabbed Dea with our first pick so we could get our ruck backup along with another mid with later picks,could see a lot of defenders going in these rounds

I've strayed from my original plan based on picking the best players available in my opinion. Just a happy accident that these were defenders, but the Euro rookie has a history of solid defenders popping up!

Holz

Quote from: elephants on February 22, 2017, 04:14:44 PM
THIS MUST BE DECIDED IN THE POST-SEASON IN OCTOBER!!![/b] Some teams are put at a significant disadvantage by having some JLT matches played and others not played. Plus this entirely changes the value of some rookie picks (for better and worse) therefore it is critical that everyone is on the same page from the beginning of the trade window.

Agree and apologies for the stuff up. Ill put it to vote after the draft finishes for next year.

LF

I think we just need to do the draft once we know new positions for the year,as soon as we know do the draft