The January Transfer Window

Started by My Chumps, December 27, 2011, 08:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

My Chumps

Heard any transfer rumours?
Wanting any particular player at your club or want someone to leave?

I've heard that Bobby Zamora has had a falling out with Fulhams manager, and Andy Johnson is also unsettled at Craven Cottage, so surely Fulham will look for another striker.
Blackburns Junior Hoilett has been linked with multiple bigger clubs after impressing this year.
Bolton defender Gary Cahill to Chelsea looks likely too.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Adam Johnson at Liverpool, if he's sick of inconsistent gametime at City, we'd welcome him with open arms  :P

Post anything about January transfers here  :)

Hawka

Quote from: My Chumps on December 27, 2011, 08:55:37 PM
Heard any transfer rumours?
Wanting any particular player at your club or want someone to leave?

I've heard that Bobby Zamora has had a falling out with Fulhams manager, and Andy Johnson is also unsettled at Craven Cottage, so surely Fulham will look for another striker.
Blackburns Junior Hoilett has been linked with multiple bigger clubs after impressing this year.
Bolton defender Gary Cahill to Chelsea looks likely too.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Adam Johnson at Liverpool, if he's sick of inconsistent gametime at City, we'd welcome him with open arms  :P

Post anything about January transfers here  :)
any chance u could move this to just the soccer board?
if we wana discuss other leagues like la liga or bundesliga?

Jukes

Nicolas Gaitan surely moving to United.

elephants

I'd like to see...

Adam Johnson at Chelsea, along with Gary Cahill and obviously one of Eden hazard and Mario Götze. I don't think we will even get a look in at the latter two so if we don't I wouldn't mind kaka from real Madrid who apparently isn't happy with game time. Also I think we should sign Gregory Van Der Wiel to replace Bosingwa at RB.

So...
Cahill
VDW
A. Johnson
Götze/Hazard and in the likely case we get neither look for kaka.

Hawka

Id like everton to sign someone but we wont
even tho we sold Arteta,Yak and Beckford

My Chumps

Quote from: elephants on December 28, 2011, 01:03:35 PM
I'd like to see...

Adam Johnson at Chelsea, along with Gary Cahill and obviously one of Eden hazard and Mario Götze. I don't think we will even get a look in at the latter two so if we don't I wouldn't mind kaka from real Madrid who apparently isn't happy with game time. Also I think we should sign Gregory Van Der Wiel to replace Bosingwa at RB.

So...
Cahill
VDW
A. Johnson
Götze/Hazard and in the likely case we get neither look for kaka.
Not happy with Ivanovic playing right back?

elephants

I love ivanovic. I think VDW was a little over the top. Maybe a young rb who is potentially going to be a gun. I think iva is better on the right than in the middle despite the fact we have needed him in the middle more often.
Happy? Yes. Would like more backline depth? Also yes.

My Chumps

Yeah okay, sounds fair.
Just didn't really see where you would play him if you did manage to sign VDW.
Sign a young RB, then sell Bosingwa post-season would probably suit.

My Chumps

Florent Malouda looks set to leave Chelsea...

http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2011/12/27/2664974/chelsea-rumours-florent-malouda-transfer

"I'm not getting enough playing time. It's too limited for the ambitions I have. I can't be happy with that. If it is necessary, I will leave."

Fair enough. He's been completely pushed out with Mata and Sturridge playing well on the wings.

elephants

Malouda is surplus to requirements. He can leave. Was part of the most formidable forces along with drogba and anelka over the past few years.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Jukes on December 28, 2011, 03:33:23 AM
Nicolas Gaitan surely moving to United.
I doubt he will come in January. More likely he would come in summer. United have got more important areas to fix than getting another winger

elephants

I think United need a few defenders as they have been shafted by injuries. Also i think a couple of CM's are in order.
Really hope that one of Neymar, Goetze or Hazard comes to the premier league but i'm not liking our chances. All have expressed interest in Real Madrid/Barcelona :(

Hawka

dont b silly ele
i hear moyes say ina press confrence that hazard will b bidded on and neymar is a strong chance to come to everton in the summer...i heard all this in my dream ! :P

Cookie Monster

Quote from: elephants on December 29, 2011, 06:28:01 PM
I think United need a few defenders as they have been shafted by injuries. Also i think a couple of CM's are in order.
Really hope that one of Neymar, Goetze or Hazard comes to the premier league but i'm not liking our chances. All have expressed interest in Real Madrid/Barcelona :(
But they would want game time, they are all international players and won't risk there spot in the national teams when competing for a spot with Messi, Ronaldo and co.

elephants

Yeah hopefully they are thinking the same CM