The best league that you're in?

Started by North Melbournes Finest, July 31, 2011, 10:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: ossie85 on August 18, 2011, 10:49:32 AM

m0nty isn't a fan of those sorts of leagues in the past (I'm not either to be honest :) ). May have changed his mind!

We started up a coaches league though, that has been fairly succesful so far.
I don't understand why he wouldn't be a fan of that? It provides healthy activity and competitiveness I'm not sure what's not to like tbh.

ossie85

I'm not a fan of them because (assuming 16 team league) you can have hundreds of coaches in the 'competition' but only 16 have a chance to win it. Plus those in the lower leagues (6th.. 7th division, etc) simply aren't going to wait around for a minimum 5-6 years to get to the top league...... They'll just start one where they are in the top league. Hard to maintain year to year is my point.

North Melbournes Finest

Quote from: ossie85 on August 18, 2011, 02:44:55 PM

I'm not a fan of them because (assuming 16 team league) you can have hundreds of coaches in the 'competition' but only 16 have a chance to win it. Plus those in the lower leagues (6th.. 7th division, etc) simply aren't going to wait around for a minimum 5-6 years to get to the top league...... They'll just start one where they are in the top league. Hard to maintain year to year is my point.
You obviously have 4 other leagues, I find it hard to find 5 leagues to participate in. I usually have the 3 that I care about and then there's 2 dud ones. Anyway, I don't mind, I just find it hard that such a simple basic concept would annoy people, or be something someone would dislike. Just because a few people don't want to do it doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. (Not directed at you)

Grazz

FF leagues have been very enjoyable, tough competition is better than winning v week in week out i
agree Nth Melbournes Finest.

ossie85

Fair call guys :) I have no problem other people doing them, or even participating! Just think it is a bit of a flawed concept is all

Grazz

I agree it is difficult to keep leagues together from one year to another, but that lets others have a crack. For me its all about
the competition you get in these leagues that's the draw for me. Overall league averages are a bonus that come with having
so many committed coaches in one league. Already looking forward to next year lol.

Samm79

Quote from: RipnRun on July 31, 2011, 02:36:13 PM
IN the same league as Upthemaidens and its tough going alright! Last week, i know it was a high scoring round but 12 out of 14 teams scored 2400+, people scoring 2500+ and getting rolled lol. Every game is a coinflip.
I won a FF comp last year which was solid but this year is alot tougher.  I'm in 5 leagues sitting on top in all but the FF one where im 7th, 6th to 11th is a logjam with people trying to squeeze into the eight. Next week is going to be interesting thats for sure. good stuff!

Scoring 2630 and getting beat is ridiculous! Id be pissed lol!

Tough league this one! Think I have you in the GF of the bottom half!