WXV Rules Discussion 2018

Started by Purple 77, August 04, 2018, 12:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on August 30, 2018, 11:27:14 AM
If every AFL player retired and 2019 lists were filled with 100k draftees the average would be 4,500,000 as each team would have 45 × 100k players. But the average cap would be around 10 million because we include the salaries of the Cyril's and Waite's. You'd have to magically come up with 4 million dollars to get over the minimum cap, but you can't do that because you can't include Cyril, even though the average cap does.

If every player except all of Christchurch's players retired I'd still be able to keep all my players, be under the cap, and every other team would be stripped of their first round picks for being under the cap as they'd all have $4.5 mil lists.

meow meow

Quote from: meow meow on August 30, 2018, 11:39:18 AM
Quote from: meow meow on August 30, 2018, 11:27:14 AM
If every AFL player retired and 2019 lists were filled with 100k draftees the average would be 4,500,000 as each team would have 45 × 100k players. But the average cap would be around 10 million because we include the salaries of the Cyril's and Waite's. You'd have to magically come up with 4 million dollars to get over the minimum cap, but you can't do that because you can't include Cyril, even though the average cap does.

If every player except all of Christchurch's players retired I'd still be able to keep all my players, be under the cap, and every other team would be stripped of their first round picks for being under the cap as they'd all have $4.5 mil lists.

If we removed the retired players then we'd have Christchurch's 10 million worth of players + 17 lists × 4.5 million. Average of 4.8 million per team. Christchurch with their 10 million dollar list would have to cut heaps of their players to get under the cap and the low cap teams would have to pick them up. Which I assume is the whole point of the cap?

meow meow

Holz

Quote from: meow meow on August 30, 2018, 11:47:36 AM
Over to you Holz

its too much work, there is no cut off point, there is no gain

people didnt really understand it when it was voted on

also rule discussion how boring, other comps are doing drafts and trading.

that is all, im busy trading in the Euro

PowerBug

Can I captain a player that I rested the round before? And if so do I get:

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on August 31, 2018, 07:22:25 PM

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

Ha, so fresh :P

No, you cannot double up on bonuses, but on the flip-side, you won't ever have a penalty double up on you either. For example, if you play an OOP ruck that scores 60 (so 30 overall), but someone else scores a 50, and he is your lowest scoring player, then your HGA will be 50, and not 30.

Purple 77

... and with 14/16 coaches already voted on our last two votes:

1. Retired Players to be exempt from Min/Max Cap Calculations
A. Player salaries of retired players shouldn't count in the calculation of the min/max caps
B. Player salaries of retired players should count in the calculation of the min/max caps, as they help reflect the scoring power available in a typical year

2. Should we scrap Captains, Vice Captains and Co-Captains?
A. Yes - they provide too much of an advantage when they score high.
B. No - it is a feature of all fantasy comps.

A - 2 votes
B - 12 votes

So B wins, which means there has been no new changes to the salary cap this year.

A - 1 vote
B - 13 votes

Cs, CCs and VCs remain!

Purple 77

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on August 31, 2018, 08:47:58 PM

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

No, you cannot double up on bonuses, but on the flip-side, you won't ever have a penalty double up on you either. For example, if you play an OOP ruck that scores 60 (so 30 overall), but someone else scores a 50, and he is your lowest scoring player, then your HGA will be 50, and not 30.
Cheers, I believe that the rules haven’t got that in there though :P

Next question, if I rest a player, but then they get dropped from the AFL the next week (when I want to get their 20%), do I miss out on his 20% bonus completely, or do I get a 20% bonus when he next gets recalled to the AFL?

P.S. in case you haven’t noticed yet, I’m big on the rule book and trying to work out every little way that I can make my side better ;)

fanTCfool

Quote from: PowerBug on September 01, 2018, 03:13:39 PM

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

Next question, if I rest a player, but then they get dropped from the AFL the next week (when I want to get their 20%), do I miss out on his 20% bonus completely, or do I get a 20% bonus when he next gets recalled to the AFL?

P.S. in case you haven’t noticed yet, I’m big on the rule book and trying to work out every little way that I can make my side better ;)

UTG Admin can confirm.

Purple 77

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

You miss out on the rest bonus entirely I'm afraid!

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2018, 03:34:00 PM

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

In which case doesn't that make the current rule 14f redundant? Would it be better off changing it to; You must play a rested player in the next immediate round to get the 20% bonus.

If I rest a player one week and don't want to take the bonus, does that matter?

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on September 01, 2018, 04:18:08 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2018, 03:34:00 PM

Score * 1.2 * 2
or
Score * 2 + (0.2*Score)

In which case doesn't that make the current rule 14f redundant? Would it be better off changing it to; You must play a rested player in the next immediate round to get the 20% bonus.

If I rest a player one week and don't want to take the bonus, does that matter?

14f is designed so that, if your rested player is named in the AFL emergencies, and you don't want to take the risk of playing a potential donut, then you don't have to name him.

You are otherwise forced to play the rested player, hence why I haven't worded it as you've suggested. You're forced to name a rested player because it stops people from resting nuffies indefinitely until they have to play them out of necessity.

PowerBug

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2018, 04:45:13 PM
You are otherwise forced to play the rested player, hence why I haven't worded it as you've suggested. You're forced to name a rested player because it stops people from resting nuffies indefinitely until they have to play them out of necessity.
Good point, didn't think of it that way.

I think that's all for now ;D

Purple 77

Quote from: PowerBug on September 01, 2018, 04:47:34 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on September 01, 2018, 04:45:13 PM
Good point, didn't think of it that way.

I think that's all for now ;D

Haha, anytime :P