Harvey close to signing one-year contract extension

Started by Ricochet, July 04, 2014, 10:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-star-brent-harvey-close-to-signing-oneyear-contract-extension/story-fndv8rij-1226977421819

NORTH Melbourne veteran Brent Harvey is expected to sign a new contract within weeks.

Long-time manager Shane Casley, from Elite Sports Properties, yesterday confirmed a contract extension for the 376-game champion was "imminent".

A 20th season would give Harvey a chance to break the 400-game mark next season and move within striking distance of Michael Tuck's 426-match games record.

Remarkably, Harvey is considered a frontrunner to win a sixth club best and fairest award at North Melbourne this season, aged 36.

He has averaged 26 possessions, one goal and three tackles a game.

Teammate Jack Ziebell yesterday said Harvey's excellent conditioning and form gave the line breaker a realistic chance at playing on for "another four seasons".

Holz

Amazing how good he is, the only thing stopping him taking tucks record I'd if he decides he has done enough. He is more than good enough to keep playing for a few more.

Nige

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play on, he doesn't seem to have slowed even a little.

Vinny

Yeah he is unstoppable, hopefully he plays a few more, reckon he could go for 3+ comfortably based on form.

kilbluff1985

even if and when he slows down a bit he could just play perma forward

Ricochet

Due to his explosiveness he is the perfect sub player and it could extend his career an extra couple of years by not playing full games. Much like Gia has

Capper

Quote from: Ricochet on July 08, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
Due to his explosiveness he is the perfect sub player and it could extend his career an extra couple of years by not playing full games. Much like Gia has
I dont even think the coach as tough as he is would tell Harvey nah you are the sub this week.

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on July 08, 2014, 12:01:19 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 08, 2014, 09:47:46 AM
I dont even think the coach as tough as he is would tell Harvey nah you are the sub this week.
It'd benefit both though. Harvey's career would be extended and he could still teach/coach as a player

ossie85

Holz

Quote from: ossie85 on July 08, 2014, 12:04:37 PM
Another free agent gone :p

If Harvey ever played for another AFL club i think I would stop following the sport.

T Dog

Quote from: Holzman on July 08, 2014, 01:52:59 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on July 08, 2014, 12:04:37 PM
Another free agent gone :p

If Harvey ever played for another AFL club i think I would stop following the sport.

would be a drastic move

Capper

Ricochet

Ringo

North Melbourne ‏@NorthKangaroos 5m

OFFICIAL: @Boomer_29 has re-signed for 2015, making it his 20th AFL season! #NMFC

So you can continue to support AFL Holz.

Great news for Kangas as well, Think Boomer is having his best year yet.