Majak Daw arrested.

Started by Vinny, June 16, 2014, 06:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

If it happened in 2007 why is it only coming out now? I call bullshower

LF

Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2014, 03:39:16 PM

Because sometimes it`s hard for women/girls to admit to being attacked/raped and they try to hide the fact that it has happened.Sometime due to feeling ashamed or dirty or the fact that they think nobody will believe them.Sometimes they are in denial to something like that happening and suppress it.

nrich102

Quote from: luvfooty on July 01, 2014, 03:46:20 PM

Because sometimes it`s hard for women/girls to admit to being attacked/raped and they try to hide the fact that it has happened.Sometime due to feeling ashamed or dirty or the fact that they think nobody will believe them.Sometimes they are in denial to something like that happening and suppress it.
If he didnt become an AFL player would she have spoken up?

LF

Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2014, 03:51:15 PM

Seriously Rich don`t say another word here you obviously didn`t read a word of what I typed.
Who gives a shower if he is in the AFL I`m sure she doesn`t if he has done what he is accused of doing.

Grazz

My take on it is it would be a lot harder for a woman to come forward if the man in question has a high profile as the woman would certainly know it will be be well covered by the media and only worsen her embarrassment shame guilt etc not only for her but her Mum Dad siblings etc. It would be easier if the man was a nobody yet still very difficult. Before making any comments ask yourself what if i was raped (it does happen to men) would i want the world, all my friends and family to know. Here already we have seen the woman in question attacked for her motives now take that out into the real world and amplify it by a factor of ten.
I suggest all of us refrain from making judgements when we do not know the facts or are to young to understand the ramifications of rape on an individual.

CrowsFan

Obviously none of us know the details, so should probably refrain from taking sides with either Daw or the woman at this stage, but let's just hope it doesn't turn in to another Brian Banks situation... :-\

Big Mac

I'm sure there are people out there who are horrible enough to falsely accuse someone of rape for financial gain, but it would be very wrong to assume that.

quinny88

God  :o here I am reading comments on other pages mostly of ignorant people saying he should be immediately sacked and hung even though he is "innocent until proven guilty".. Then I come on here and people are at the opposite end of the spectrum (although equally as ignorant) saying the girl is full of it and questioning the way she has handled being raped.

Touchy subject I know but I think people with strong opinions should keep them to themselves because saying he is a dirty rapist or saying she is a liar is going to be taken very offensively by people either way and the simple fact is that none of us have a clue so speculating is pointless

Ringo

Well said Quinny and Grazz. We need to tone down our own opinions until all the facts are known and lewt the Legal system take its course,

As Quinny says this is a very touchy subject and people react differently so just let the system take care of it.

Ziplock

Quote from: Honey Badger on July 01, 2014, 05:56:33 PM
Obviously none of us know the details, so should probably refrain from taking sides with either Daw or the woman at this stage, but let's just hope it doesn't turn in to another Brian Banks situation... :-\

Quote from: Ringo on July 02, 2014, 09:20:42 AM
Well said Quinny and Grazz. We need to tone down our own opinions until all the facts are known and lewt the Legal system take its course,

As Quinny says this is a very touchy subject and people react differently so just let the system take care of it.

Yeah, we have a justice system to deal with this stuff. He's innocent until proven guilty, so we'll see how it pans out.
I just looked up that brian banks situation, that was absolutely flowered up. That girl is a terrible person- that being said, the vast, vast majority of reported rape cases aren't fabricated, and obviously has no bearing on daw's actual situation.

Quote from: luvfooty on July 01, 2014, 03:57:49 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on July 01, 2014, 03:51:15 PM

Seriously Rich don`t say another word here you obviously didn`t read a word of what I typed.
Who gives a shower if he is in the AFL I`m sure she doesn`t if he has done what he is accused of doing.
Quote from: Grazz on July 01, 2014, 04:16:25 PM
My take on it is it would be a lot harder for a woman to come forward if the man in question has a high profile as the woman would certainly know it will be be well covered by the media and only worsen her embarrassment shame guilt etc not only for her but her Mum Dad siblings etc. It would be easier if the man was a nobody yet still very difficult. Before making any comments ask yourself what if i was raped (it does happen to men) would i want the world, all my friends and family to know. Here already we have seen the woman in question attacked for her motives now take that out into the real world and amplify it by a factor of ten.
I suggest all of us refrain from making judgements when we do not know the facts or are to young to understand the ramifications of rape on an individual.

^ exactly- look at like the rolf harris thing, or jimmy saville. Because they were high profile their sexual assault cases weren't reported for decades after they happened.

RiOtChEsS

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/womens-groups-blast-afl-over-majak-daw-sex-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226973364328?nk=9a31962553a7bfc9256ef3dc4b87357e

after reading this i cant help but think of the way these accusations can be used to derail or distract a top club pushing for finals, these groups r asking for him to stand down, the AFL to stand him down etc etc, im saying he is innocent or guilty, who could at this point, its not ideal publicity but surely there has to be a process entitling him to be innocent before proven otherwise.

Ziplock

Quote from: RiOtChEsS on July 02, 2014, 04:20:04 PM
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/womens-groups-blast-afl-over-majak-daw-sex-charges/story-fni0fee2-1226973364328?nk=9a31962553a7bfc9256ef3dc4b87357e

after reading this i cant help but think of the way these accusations can be used to derail or distract a top club pushing for finals, these groups r asking for him to stand down, the AFL to stand him down etc etc, im saying he is innocent or guilty, who could at this point, its not ideal publicity but surely there has to be a process entitling him to be innocent before proven otherwise.

I am extremely against any form of retribution for criminal cases until a trial's been conducted and a verdict determined. It's not the way a democratic justice system should work and isn't how the Australian justice system opperates... subsequently if a player stands down in face of these accusations it basically looks like an admission of guilt.

And if the AFL forces a club to stand down a player who's been accused of sexual assault but hasn't gone to trial it sets a precedent which could be seriously abused by opposition clubs... the huge majority of women wouldn't make sexual assault claims for money, but they are out there and if you had someone with no morals in charge of a club, there could be some really dodgy stuff going on.