Change to trading for next season...

Started by iamdpw, June 23, 2011, 03:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chopps

i like the tactics involved in the current system.

this coming from someone who had swan, mundy, selwood, pendles and tags out rd 13

i would love it being easier wouldnt of suffered like i did but two trades only with the use of my MPP was awesome to get out of it. if i could of traded my way out i dont think i would of been as chuffed about my awesome team's setup.

same goes with moving MPP. all though that would setup a whole new tactic so that might be cool

mwaxo

I'm not unhappy with the current set up, but think there are areas for improvement.

Not a complete overhaul, but maybe (...like the fantasy premier league...) trades could be done on one page, with multiple trades at once, and so you can see what the setup will look like, if you can afford it etc. THEN click confirm and its all done. MPP's could be moved around etc.

I also like the idea of a wildcard, where for one round you could do unlimited trades. I reckon less people would drop out if they had a do over. Maybe they get it horribly wrong at the start, maybe they have bad luck, but they have a chance to keep competitive and keep people playing.

Personally I find it boring as hell playing people who obviously haven't looked at their team since they realized its terrible, and the way I see it, a wildcard is one way to keep those people involved longer.

Ermaz

that would be mad but doubtful theyd change. but good idea

PowerMan

Quote from: foolysik on June 23, 2011, 04:22:45 PM
Agree,
I also have an idea, we should have the ability to use a "Power Play" with trades - For example , if I use my power play I can use 3 trades instead of 2. Would have helped avoid last weeks issues. Maybe have two Power plays for the year.

even better,
I would like to see in the 3 team bye weeks the ability to use 3 trades in those weeks.

thatguy

this is brilliant. definitely needs to happen

glam77

i proposed a very similar idea last year and everyone trashed the idea.

however mine wasn;'t relevant to trading in and out of your squad, but just the positions in your own squad....

for example... if you had
Player X (fwd, mid) in Fwd
Player Y (back, fwd) in Back
Player Z (mid, back) in Mid

should eb able to be interchanged to
Player X (fwd, mid) in Mid
Player Y (back, fwd) in Fwd
Player Z (mid, back) in Back

You should be able to rotate these around into their MPP positions as all the MPP criteria are satiffied, but due to the one-for-one trade (or in thise case interchange) it cannot be done.

ossie85

The only thing that I would change is that all trades should be reversable until lock-out.

iamdpw

Glam that's another reasonable idea, I agree 100%. I think it might be a little more difficult to program but I don't know why these things weren't written into the system in the first place, the tactical concepts are so basic.