CHELSEA!!!! Sarri

Started by tbagrocks, April 25, 2012, 07:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

:'(

Absolute Legend.

He won what he wanted to at Chelsea and to finish his career on such a high... Thanks you Droggles. Have a good rest of your life :)

Jukes

Drogba is not really a legend. Was good from like 2004 to 2008 then did flower all from 2009 until this years ucl final.

elephants

Quote from: Jukes on May 22, 2012, 03:12:39 PM
Drogba is not really a legend. Was good from like 2004 to 2008 then did flower all from 2009 until this years ucl final.

He's scored 151 goals in the premier league.
60 assists in the prem.
19 goals in 35 FA cup matches.

7 goals in his last 9 at Wembley. Bad form until champs league? Lol.

Torres has seen him only be substituted on a fair few times so realistically some of these stats are unfair.

So winning the golden boot in 2010 with 30 goals count as flower all?? African footballer of the year in 2009 and 2010 when supposedly he was doing flower all...?

Don't follow your logic.

CrowsFan

He's scored 100 goals in the premier league not 151...

elephants

My badness, stil that's a lot of goals.

CrowsFan

Yeah it's a lot, but that's in 8 seasons, so only averaging 12.5 goals a season

elephants

Torres coming in has severaly hampered his output with just 16 goals in his last 58 appearences, Too many times he was subbed on or subbed off :-\

Did struggle a bit in 2008-2009 with injuries.

But still, 12.5 goals a season isn't the greatest record around but it's not everyday you come across a striker that has the ability to put in 100 goals in their 8 year career in the Premier league.

CrowsFan

Quote from: elephants on May 22, 2012, 05:40:30 PM
...it's not everyday you come across a striker that has the ability to put in 100 goals in their 8 year career in the Premier league.
Thierry Henry - 174 goals (8 seasons at Arsenal)
Wayne Rooney - 129 goals (8 seasons at United)
Alan Shearer - 144 goals (10 seasons at Newcastle)
Michael Owen - 118 goals (8 seasons at Liverpool)
Alan Shearer - 112 goals (4 seasons at Blackburn)
Robbie Fowler - 107 goals (8 seasons at Liverpool)
Matt Le Tissier - 101 goals (8 seasons at Southampton)
Ruud van Nistelrooy - 95 goals (5 seasons at United)

elephants

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 22, 2012, 05:54:58 PM
Quote from: elephants on May 22, 2012, 05:40:30 PM
...it's not everyday you come across a striker that has the ability to put in 100 goals in their 8 year career in the Premier league.
Thierry Henry - 174 goals (8 seasons at Arsenal)
Wayne Rooney - 129 goals (8 seasons at United)
Alan Shearer - 144 goals (10 seasons at Newcastle)
Michael Owen - 118 goals (8 seasons at Liverpool)
Alan Shearer - 112 goals (4 seasons at Blackburn)
Robbie Fowler - 107 goals (8 seasons at Liverpool)
Matt Le Tissier - 101 goals (8 seasons at Southampton)
Ruud van Nistelrooy - 95 goals (5 seasons at United)

How many times have you met any of these guys?

Cookie Monster

Now Drogba may not be the Premier Leagues All-Time greatest striker.

But when he came to Chelsea in 2004 or whatever it was, we had won how many trophies?

Jose Mourinho was just starting to become manager and Hernan Crespo, Arjen Robben were taking up the strikers spots before him. Also, Gudjohnson (may not have been as good, but when he played he took time of Drogba)

He was there when Chelsea started becoming good with Abramovic and Mourinho, we haven't had the likes of Henry or Shearer or someone that had played before him that was a legend, Osgood and Zola are the first 2 that spring to mind, because of him being there from when we started to where we are now, he has won every trophy almost possible.

That is why he is such a Chelsea Legend, that is why it's so sad he is leaving.

elephants

Hit the nail on the head there ^^

You watch the final CM??

CrowsFan

What has meeting any of them got to do with their scoring records? Anyway I'm not trying to argue that he wasn't a great striker, because he was, and did a great deal for Chelsea. I was just pointing out that there are many strikers who have scored more goals in the same space of time. Although he has scored more than RVP in the same length of time ;)

Funny fact, Drogba, Rooney and RVP all moved to their clubs in the PL during the same transfer window, and so have all been at their clubs for 8 years!

elephants

Quote from: CrowsFan on May 22, 2012, 06:12:10 PM
What has meeting any of them got to do with their scoring records? Anyway I'm not trying to argue that he wasn't a great striker, because he was, and did a great deal for Chelsea. I was just pointing out that there are many strikers who have scored more goals in the same space of time. Although he has scored more than RVP in the same length of time ;)

Funny fact, Drogba, Rooney and RVP all moved to their clubs in the PL during the same transfer window, and so have all been at their clubs for 8 years!

Me: "its not everyday you come across a striker with the ability to put in 100 goals in their 8 year career in the Premier league."

You: "Listed all those footballing greats"

Me: "how many times have you come across/met them?"

My point is they are pretty rare and the true footballing greats. Everyone one of those players listed are listed as footballing champions.. So is Didier :)

________________________________________________________________________________

Not a bad little stat there!!

elephants

I am making no sense at all... Had an exam this morning and have been up all of last night studying...

Mind is destroyed, sorry :P