Main Menu

Voting for the best ever lion

Started by Junktimer, January 18, 2011, 08:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nas

And Voss can kiss my ass :) I loved him when he was playing, even when he was smashing Collingwood, but ever since he retired I can't stand him! Everytime he talks I want to punch him in the head.
[/quote]

Lot of love being shown there & yes Bunton is the man IMO

brodman_18

Quote from: ossie85 on January 19, 2011, 01:48:32 PM
Paul Roos was named in the 1991 and 1992 All-Australian team as CAPTAIN.

Awards:

Fitzroy FC Best And Fairest 1985-86-91-91-94
All-Australian 1985, 1987, 1988, 1991 (captain), 1992 (captain), 1996, 1997
E. J. Whitten Medal 1985 (captain), 1988 (captain)
Australian Football Hall of Fame
Leigh Matthews Trophy 1986
Fitzroy FC captain 1988â€"1990, 1992â€"1994

And named at CHB in Fitzroy's team of the century.

A well deserving nomination.

And Voss can kiss my ass :) I loved him when he was playing, even when he was smashing Collingwood, but ever since he retired I can't stand him! Everytime he talks I want to punch him in the head.

Fair enough Ozzie, read his nomination and was not anywhere near as detailed as your post, also he played before my time.

Agree with you that I l liked Voss alot more when he was playing, But you can't deny he was one of the most inspirational players to ever strap on a boot.

MTTY

Jugganauts

Michael Voss and Alastair Lynch for me, Lynch would have to go down as one of the best Full Forwards in the last 20 years over 600 , 1 All Australian, 4 times the clubs leading goal kicker (1 at fitzroy the rest at brisbane), 3 time premiership player and averaging over 2 goals a game.

While Michael Voss goes down as the greatest ever captain the lions have seen, 289 games, 245 goals, Lead the team to grand finals winning 3, won a brownlow, 6 time All Australian, Showed courage, leadership, won a norm smith, Decided to kick 7 goals against Adelaide in 1 match, Will go down as one of the greatest players to ever play AFL

Honurable mention to Kevin Murrary

Cicjose