Main Menu

Proving people wrong again

Started by TheMailman, February 13, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Hahahaha stew your picture is legendary!!

stew42

Quote from: elephants on February 14, 2012, 12:12:38 AM
Hahahaha stew your picture is legendary!!
Cheers le. One of my favourite moments in AFL history :-)

SydneyRox

Lets break this down...

No real forward
Adam Goodes kicked 41 goals (15th Overall) playing half the time in the middle, this would have topped the goal scoring for 7 other clubs in the league.
Sam Reid (at 20) kicked 22. - Ranked 6th in league for contested marks (Goodes 8th) and 18th for marks inside 50 (Goodes 20th)

Injury prone Midfield
Goodes - Currently played the last 74 games in a row (he missed rnd 14 2008) then before that 204 in a row.
Kenndey - 48 games in a row since moving to Sydney
Bolton - Has missed 2 games in the last 7 years
ROK - Missed 4 games since 2004
Hannebery - Missed 4 games since debut Rnd 16 2009
McVeigh - Missed 6 games since 2006
Jack - Missed 6 games since 2008
Bird - Has missed 31 out of 93 games since debut in 2008 (He would be considered an injury issue)

Poor lead Ruckman

Mumford 2011 Stats
Hit outs - 662 - Ranked 4th in league
Hit outs Avg 33.6 per game - Rank 2nd in league
Hit out to advantage avg 12.8 per game - Rank 1 in league
Effective hit outs avg 16.8 per game - Rank 2nd  in league
Tackles - 94 - Ranked 1st vs other rucks
Contested Marks - 30 - Rank 7th vs other rucks
1% acts - 88 - Rank 4th vs other rucks

Not sure your from the hip comments really stack up too well against some real data??

CrowsFan

Quote from: Cicjose on February 13, 2012, 11:48:45 PM
Mumford is no spud

Walsh and Reid only have to kick 50 between them to be effective

Goodes Mcglynn, ROK, Rohan and TDL can all kick goals......

The mids look good on paper but performance this year will determine how good they can be

If White holds down CHB and shuts down opposition forwards then it will be called a masterstroke and Sydney will be back in September easily
How come you are never this positive towards the team you support?  ???

Ziplock

missed round 14 due to suspension,not injury ;)

elephants

Correct me if I'm wrong but did McVeigh not miss a game or two for his daughters shocking passing? Hardly an injury issue? Apologies if you have already accounted for that.

Bird has had a mix of injury and form hasn't he?

Mummy is a gun.

Your facts have killled F.A.R.K :P

SydneyRox

yeah, to make sure there wasnt any extra comeback attempt, i didnt care if it was injury or suspension or other, just counted missed games.

elephants

No worries ;D Verbal domination ;D

TheMailman

Don't forget the fact that Reid kicked like 200 behinds

So how many more goals does he score then if he increase his accuracy by 20%? (rhetorical question)

Cicjose

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 14, 2012, 01:25:09 AM
Quote from: Cicjose on February 13, 2012, 11:48:45 PM
Mumford is no spud

Walsh and Reid only have to kick 50 between them to be effective

Goodes Mcglynn, ROK, Rohan and TDL can all kick goals......

The mids look good on paper but performance this year will determine how good they can be

If White holds down CHB and shuts down opposition forwards then it will be called a masterstroke and Sydney will be back in September easily
How come you are never this positive towards the team you support?  ???

where is the regular success that the team i support has.........

SydneyRox

Quote from: TheMailman on February 14, 2012, 08:27:00 AM

So how many more goals does he score then if he increase his accuracy by 20%? (rhetorical question)

Agree. 26 Behinds. He had the yips for a little while, but kicked a couple of clutch goals later in the season to show he improved to handle the pressure

Capper

Quote from: TheMailman on February 14, 2012, 08:27:00 AM

i put this down to the fact the swans were one of the first to do the coke zero challenge

Dudge

Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2012, 12:51:45 AM
I think they can survive without mumford.

but deadset, they lose goodes and it'll be a train wreck lol.

although you can say that of a lot of teams, freo gets boned with sandi, wce suck when cox doesn't get up, gc have nothing without ablett

oddly enough, the only teams that dont *really* have this problem are the ones right at the top, or port adelaide, who suck so much that if someone goes down, they can just grab a 12 year old kid from the sidelines and IMPROVE their team.

burnt.

Thats harsh ZIP, just saying mate

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 14, 2012, 01:10:25 AM
Lets break this down...

No real forward
Adam Goodes kicked 41 goals (15th Overall) playing half the time in the middle, this would have topped the goal scoring for 7 other clubs in the league.
Sam Reid (at 20) kicked 22. - Ranked 6th in league for contested marks (Goodes 8th) and 18th for marks inside 50 (Goodes 20th)

Injury prone Midfield
Goodes - Currently played the last 74 games in a row (he missed rnd 14 2008) then before that 204 in a row.
Kenndey - 48 games in a row since moving to Sydney
Bolton - Has missed 2 games in the last 7 years
ROK - Missed 4 games since 2004
Hannebery - Missed 4 games since debut Rnd 16 2009
McVeigh - Missed 6 games since 2006
Jack - Missed 6 games since 2008
Bird - Has missed 31 out of 93 games since debut in 2008 (He would be considered an injury issue)

Poor lead Ruckman

Mumford 2011 Stats
Hit outs - 662 - Ranked 4th in league
Hit outs Avg 33.6 per game - Rank 2nd in league
Hit out to advantage avg 12.8 per game - Rank 1 in league
Effective hit outs avg 16.8 per game - Rank 2nd  in league
Tackles - 94 - Ranked 1st vs other rucks
Contested Marks - 30 - Rank 7th vs other rucks
1% acts - 88 - Rank 4th vs other rucks

Not sure your from the hip comments really stack up too well against some real data??

hahaha im pretty sure we are talking about the next five years or so here not the current season. Realistically how many seasons does goodes and bolton have left.

These facts dont prove you have a foward coz goodes while he is a champion isnt going to be playing forever and if you look at reid yes he can take a mark but 22 goals. Butcher kicked 10+ in four games (might i add in his first season).

as for injury prone midfield you cant count rok. goodes or bolton because they are all ageing and are nearly gone. It is the youth that have real concerns and when your two best future prospects in hanners and jack have shown serious concerns with their knees and shoulder id be worried. Just coz they play during the season doesnt mean they didnt have injury interuppted pre seasons.

Mummy has had one decent year but honestly at geelong he was a spud. He needs to prove that he is a no.1 ruck with a few years of top level ruckwork not just 22 games.

look stats can be brought up for any team and im sure i could do up a page to prove facts for port or any other failing team but honestly if i was another clubs trading scout i wouldnt touch any swans players coz they arent good enough.

Ziplock

realistically? goodes has at least until 2015.