Main Menu

Sydney Swans 2016 discussion thread

Started by Capper, November 27, 2015, 01:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Capper

Samm79

Nice start by the boys, has been a while since we thumped a middle of the road team, good way to start the season off!

j959

Quote from: Samm79 on March 28, 2016, 11:01:54 PM
Nice start by the boys, has been a while since we thumped a middle of the road team, good way to start the season off!
ha, ha, ha! Collingwood middle of the road! ;)

elephants

Hey Swans boys,

Thoughts on Jake Lloyd's role this season? His heatmap shows he's getting a heap of his ball in defensive 50 and he's scoring pretty damn well.

What's his role? Is he wing? Halfback? Thanks lads!

Capper

Quote from: elephants on April 14, 2016, 02:11:27 PM
Hey Swans boys,

Thoughts on Jake Lloyd's role this season? His heatmap shows he's getting a heap of his ball in defensive 50 and he's scoring pretty damn well.

Have had him in SC all year. As far as i know he is playing McVeigh's role behind the ball. Dont know if this will change when Macca comes back in as Macca could play off HB

elephants

Quote from: Capper on April 14, 2016, 03:40:04 PM
Hey Swans boys,

Have had him in SC all year. As far as i know he is playing McVeigh's role behind the ball. Dont know if this will change when Macca comes back in as Macca could play off HB

Niiiiice mate sounds good.  Noticed his game on the weekend he seemed to be getting more ball attacking side of Centre so if these continues again this week I think we'd have to assume he's moving up the field in preperstion for McVeighs return

Capper

Quote from: elephants on April 14, 2016, 03:56:47 PM
Hey Swans boys,

Niiiiice mate sounds good.  Noticed his game on the weekend he seemed to be getting more ball attacking side of Centre so if these continues again this week I think we'd have to assume he's moving up the field in preperstion for McVeighs return
HAs mioved to the wing and didnt score as well as he had.

Capper

Sinclair a late out on Friday due to a foot infection that didnt heal in time.

Should be ok for this week but will be a wait and see

elephants

Quote from: Capper on April 18, 2016, 03:27:15 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 14, 2016, 03:56:47 PM
Hey Swans boys,

HAs mioved to the wing and didnt score as well as he had.

Yeah fair call, unlikely he'll get much of a crack across halfback now with McVeigh returning

Capper

Great news

Sydney Swans ‏@sydneyswans  44m44 minutes ago
Longmire confirms Aliir Aliir will make his debut for the club this weekend against Brisbane.

Sydney Swans ‏@sydneyswans  43m43 minutes ago
Longmire: I announced it in the team meeting and it was the best grin I have ever seen.

Capper

Sydney Swans ‏@sydneyswans  42m42 minutes ago
Longmire: We expect Gary Rohan to play in our reserves this week to start his journey back to senior football.

Doesnt appear that Papley will return to the rookie list

j959

Where are we at now that Tippett is out for a while??

I never in a thousand years thought I'd be saying that Kurt is one of our most important players!!!??!!!  :o    :P   :-X   ;)

I didn't see the game vs GWS but over the radio they said it was like out midfield just 'went into their shells' when he went down ...  :P

My Chumps

How good was that 8)

Liked Naismith's game! Showed a lot more than Nank and more than Sinclair tbh. Doesn't have the ability to play forward though which could be an issue when/if Tippett gets back.

As much as I think he's been a valuable contributor and a servant in not always favourable conditions, I think the backline looks a lot better with Laidler out.

Grazz

Very good win against the Cats at home.