Started by T Dog, February 26, 2014, 11:27:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 13, 2016, 09:29:55 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 13, 2016, 01:39:33 AM
Where is it?

South Melbourne. Like a 10 minute walk from MSAC

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 13, 2016, 08:54:30 AM
Was at Welcome To Thornbury last Saturday, and tried the Beasty Boy burger from the Dude Food van

Was absolutely beautiful! $20, and worth it

That place is really close to me yet I still won't go.

Dude Food have a store in Essendon I see, I might have to check it out.

I looked it up, 27 minute walk from my apartment.

Let's go together ;o

RaisyDaisy

Why won't you go Mat?

It's an awesome place - just a big outdoor style beer garden with 5-6 food trucks

Beers, Sunshine, Chatting with friends and awesome food

Doesn't get much better!

Mat0369

Quote from: Nails on April 13, 2016, 10:13:50 PM

Let's go together ;o

When do Carlton play Brisbane? Maybe we can do a burger bet. The main pain in the ass with Andrews is the hours they are open. They're random as fark. Not open Sundays, close at 9pm and they also close for a couple hours randomly in the middle of the day.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 14, 2016, 10:17:47 AM
Why won't you go Mat?

It's an awesome place - just a big outdoor style beer garden with 5-6 food trucks

Doesn't get much better!

I don't like getting food out of a truck. I'd rather go to a store. Plus there are a bunch of other places in the area that do decent food so I would rather go there. There are also a few other things but I won't get into that.

RaisyDaisy

Sounds very unusual but ok. You're really missing out then with trucks like Mr Burger and Dude Food Man - unbelievably good burgers

Last night I went to the other food truck place on High St but in Preston

So crap compared to Thornbury - and the burger was so poor. Won't be going there again!

Welcome to Thornbury ftw

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 24, 2016, 08:59:06 AM
Sounds very unusual but ok. You're really missing out then with trucks like Mr Burger and Dude Food Man - unbelievably good burgers

Last night I went to the other food truck place on High St but in Preston

So crap compared to Thornbury - and the burger was so poor. Won't be going there again!

Welcome to Thornbury ftw

Both of those places also have stores with more variety then the trucks. I'm not a huge fan of Mr. Burger, there ok, but I don't think they are anything special. There are 5-6 places off the top of my head I would rather go.

The one in Preston is a lot smaller when I drove past it, I try to avoid heading that far down High Street generally  :P

Nails

Quote from: Mat0369 on April 23, 2016, 11:50:36 PM
Quote from: Nails on April 13, 2016, 10:13:50 PM

Let's go together ;o

When do Carlton play Brisbane? Maybe we can do a burger bet. The main pain in the ass with Andrews is the hours they are open. They're random as fark. Not open Sundays, close at 9pm and they also close for a couple hours randomly in the middle of the day.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 14, 2016, 10:17:47 AM
Why won't you go Mat?

Doesn't get much better!

I don't like getting food out of a truck. I'd rather go to a store. Plus there are a bunch of other places in the area that do decent food so I would rather go there. There are also a few other things but I won't get into that.

June 4th, 14:10

It will be the start of you owing me a burger.

Spite

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 10, 2016, 10:40:42 PM
Ziggy's in Caulfield is flowering awesome. I highly recommend

Also, has anyone been to Cafe 51 in South Melb? Only heard about it recently - googled it and it looks insane!

Went to Ziggy's last week for the first time, ordered the standard burger and really thought it was average. Wasn't impressed but perhaps I ordered badly

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Spite on April 26, 2016, 04:18:42 PM

Also, has anyone been to Cafe 51 in South Melb? Only heard about it recently - googled it and it looks insane!

Went to Ziggy's last week for the first time, ordered the standard burger and really thought it was average. Wasn't impressed but perhaps I ordered badly

I've had the schnitzel wrap and the Texan burger, and they're both delicious. Haven't tried the standard one

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 26, 2016, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: Spite on April 26, 2016, 04:18:42 PM

I've had the schnitzel wrap and the Texan burger, and they're both delicious. Haven't tried the standard one
I have two exams in Caulfield at the end of the semester, both at 6pm. Could try this place for dinner haha

Nails

Anyone for a burger tonight? Took the night off work

Holz

So what do people think about the burger project that just opened up?

im personally a big fan.

the chips and special sauce and the chocolate thick shake were surprisingly the stars for me. The burger was quality too, I had the double and it taste like a high quality whopper (which is a good thing).

The the spicy katsu was definitely interesting and was great till it got abit soggy towards the end.

jvalles69

Tried East Village here in Perth yesterday finally, a NYC diner.  Menu was incredible, service was the best I've received in Perth.  Burger was close to top in Perth too, I had their special which had 14hr slow cooked beef with bacon and other goodies.  Chips were best I've had to in Perth.  Quality venue, maybe slightly overpriced, but I'd head back again and again.  My friend had the prawn and chorizo salad, in Perth we're used to getting shafted on product, this salad had at least 10 big king prawns and about 7 sliced of chorizo, I was impressed.

RaisyDaisy

Found this

http://www.burgersofmelbourne.com.au/

Mouth is drooling, and it covers so many great places. I'm starting with the Live Ladder and Demazzi in Essendon is at 1 so I reckon that's where I'll be going today. If not, then Kustom in Thornbury is the next place I'll try

I'll be referring back to this site many times!

RaisyDaisy

Ended up going to Kustom Burger's

Got the F250 Burger and Blue Heaven Thickshake

Flowering delicious!! Walked out so full though! Will definitely go back. Highly recommend

fanTCfool

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 03, 2016, 11:26:15 AM
Found this

http://www.burgersofmelbourne.com.au/

Mouth is drooling, and it covers so many great places. I'm starting with the Live Ladder and Demazzi in Essendon is at 1 so I reckon that's where I'll be going today. If not, then Kustom in Thornbury is the next place I'll try

I'll be referring back to this site many times!

Seems like the photographer for this site is a little distracted RD