Main Menu

From The Pavilion II

Started by m0nty, December 16, 2014, 02:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Pkbaldy on March 30, 2016, 09:47:13 AM
hey
Sent at: 29 Mar 16 13:36   From:  Nepal   To:  Baldy92
Hey brother hope you will train Zeke And Monte nicely.

Nah i'm going to train them badly...

Power to reliable then onto keeping training surely.

WhatMate

Quote from: PowerBug on April 06, 2016, 06:33:58 PM
Quote from: WhatMate on April 06, 2016, 04:22:28 PM
Yeh real disappointing, I remember seeing 500+ posts a week in each section of the fantasy footy sections a couple years back when I was right involved, now there's lucky to be 50 a week. Not quite sure how that happened.
All fantasy football numbers in Australia are declining. Fairly sure there used to be like 300,000+ SC teams and ~200,000 DT (back when it was on the afl site) teams. Now it's 200k and like 130k.

FTP is going okay though, few new guys around keeping it interesting :) Unfortunately gone are the days of when we had many dominant senior sides (I can think of when Q, Nails, BP, Cyrus, CF, HP all were really strong and Daz would rate less and beat them all) now it's only really Torp that pulls really big ratings (240k+ at times) as there's a few youth farms on here now.

Edit: McRooster also had a strong 200k+ side back in the day.
Crazy any reasoning or theories behind the decline?

Well my senior team is finally pumping out big ratings aha, was at 230k+ last season but sold my keeper and sitting around the 220k mark this season. Youths are also travelling nicely at 100k+

If anyone is up for a friendly feel free to challenge me :)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=1264

PowerBug

Quote from: WhatMate on April 06, 2016, 11:21:11 PM
Yeh real disappointing, I remember seeing 500+ posts a week in each section of the fantasy footy sections a couple years back when I was right involved, now there's lucky to be 50 a week. Not quite sure how that happened.
All fantasy football numbers in Australia are declining. Fairly sure there used to be like 300,000+ SC teams and ~200,000 DT (back when it was on the afl site) teams. Now it's 200k and like 130k.

FTP is going okay though, few new guys around keeping it interesting :) Unfortunately gone are the days of when we had many dominant senior sides (I can think of when Q, Nails, BP, Cyrus, CF, HP all were really strong and Daz would rate less and beat them all) now it's only really Torp that pulls really big ratings (240k+ at times) as there's a few youth farms on here now.

Crazy any reasoning or theories behind the decline?

Well my senior team is finally pumping out big ratings aha, was at 230k+ last season but sold my keeper and sitting around the 220k mark this season. Youths are also travelling nicely at 100k+

If anyone is up for a friendly feel free to challenge me :)
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/club.htm?teamId=1264
Unfortunately I reckon it's because gambling has risen so sharply people are more interested in the quick $ (Which they end up losing anyway) over a season of fun. I wouldn't know exactly though m0nty would have more insight into this.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,105020.0.html
If you plan to stick around and be active on here would joining this interest you at all? Only need to play about 1 friendly every few weeks :)

WhatMate

I'm keen, looks a little confusing but I'll get a better idea of it.

DazBurg

Quote from: BratPack on April 06, 2016, 05:33:15 PM
I died for UAE's sins
how long did you cop the forum ban for? :P

DazBurg

Ahh the days of the Giant Killer
good times good times :D

Shaggy

Hey PB, you forgot me. I was up there too, and I am one of our strongest still at 240k.

PowerBug

Quote from: Shaggy on April 07, 2016, 10:34:28 PM
Hey PB, you forgot me. I was up there too, and I am one of our strongest still at 240k.
I did forget you and roo boys also from back then. You also hadn't posted since August last year so I feel kinda justified in not naming you now ;)

WhatMate

All the oldies!  ;D

Tell ya what though, I really want the quick reply button back aha..

PowerBug

Quote from: WhatMate on April 07, 2016, 11:41:11 PM
All the oldies!  ;D

Tell ya what though, I really want the quick reply button back aha..
I have the quick reply box there, but when I used to hit quote it would put the quote in my quick reply box. Not anymore :(

Nails

Interesting results in my OD league

Armstrong 13's   Moulvibazar Tigers
Batting - Top Order   11,656   8,953
Batting - Middle Order   5,218   5,415
Batting - Tail   3,009   2,963
Bowling - Seam   7,966 (30)   8,393 (30)
Bowling - Spin   7,537 (20)   8,461 (20)
Fielding/Keeping   9,219   5,472
Overall   143,152   124,882

Result:   Moulvibazar Tigers won by 144 runs

Outrated by 19K, absolutely SMASH the bloke.

Would have to be one of the all time collapses in FTP by the other bloke

Fall of wickets: 2-129 (N. Faloney, 23.4 ov), 10-149 (J. Richardson, 30.4 ov)

PowerBug

Nah my favourite collapse is this one:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/scorecard.htm?gameId=3193439

Team was 90/0 off 24.5 and also 116/1 off 30 chasing 148 in a youth match. All out 136 with one bowler taking the last 8 wickets.

Nige

So uh... I somehow ended up in the negatives bank balance wise.

I've put a batsman I don't really need for sale which will give me a bit of cash, but I'm wondering/assuming it's worth rolling back my senior academy from superior to excellent to put further cash in the bank?

PowerBug

Not a bad idea. What are the ages of your players like? If they are old then you wouldn't need a high-end academy.

If you are running a youth academy and the youths suck then drop the academy there if you can?

Nige

Most are early to mid 20s with a couple late 20s.

My youths are all fairly average so I might just drop it a level.