Main Menu

New forum layout

Started by m0nty, March 25, 2015, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldDigger

Sullendy I see the old format again ...

Mr.Craig

When typing out a post it all comes up in bold letters. Really unpleasant to look at.

T Dog

I actually liked the new version  :)

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: T Dog on March 27, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
wrong thread Dawg :P  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,22246.2400.html

nah I don't mind it on a computer, but it's terrible on a mobile

Big Mac

Quote from: Bill Manspeaker on March 27, 2015, 08:52:30 PM
Quote from: T Dog on March 27, 2015, 08:49:31 PM
wrong thread Dawg :P  http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,22246.2400.html

nah I don't mind it on a computer, but it's terrible on a mobile

Hahaha good one Kyle

Yep I checked it out on the computer and it was pretty good I thought
Mobile is where the problems come in

m0nty

Alright, rethink on the layout.

I'll try shoehorning the old layout in to the new design, so as to minimise disruption.

Its going to be difficult to fit all the stuff inside 300 pixels width, though.

kilbluff1985

RaisyDaisy

Not sure if you can do this m0nty, but would be awesome if you could launch the new forum on another URL, give that link to a couple of us to perform UAT

We'll basically try to break it and recommend all changes/feedback then once you have got it cherry ripe, boom - launch it

GoldDigger

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2015, 11:01:56 PM
Not sure if you can do this m0nty, but would be awesome if you could launch the new forum on another URL, give that link to a couple of us to perform UAT

We'll basically try to break it and recommend all changes/feedback then once you have got it cherry ripe, boom - launch it

You've done this before, haven't you!

Ringo

Quote from: GoldDigger on March 28, 2015, 11:19:43 PM

Anyone who was worked in businesses introducing new systems would have been involved in UAT so not really a new concept. Purpose of UAT is to find flaws and fix prior to introducing. 

GoldDigger

Quote from: Ringo on March 29, 2015, 02:10:21 PM

Anyone who was worked in businesses introducing new systems would have been involved in UAT so not really a new concept. Purpose of UAT is to find flaws and fix prior to introducing.

Anyone except ...

ossie85

Quote from: GoldDigger on March 29, 2015, 03:33:14 PM

Anyone except ...

Except who? Can I pay you $10 for a premium answer?

Grazz

GoldDigger

Quote from: ossie85 on March 29, 2015, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: GoldDigger on March 29, 2015, 03:33:14 PM

Anyone except ...

Except who? Can I pay you $10 for a premium answer?

By all means, ossie, and I have a lovely bridge you may be interested in!

m0nty

If I had a building full of employees to set that sort of stuff up, plus months of preparation to create a professional software shop, I would.

In the absence of that, you're going to have to deal with it being just me doing things my way.