Main Menu

Dissecting the contenders

Started by PowerBug, January 11, 2015, 04:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PowerBug

I have another section I will add to each team as well. It'd get done quicker if I didn't accidently close the tab when I've almost finished the tedious job of putting the squad in a table format. ::)

Edit: I've copied and pasted all the squads in now, I will sort them neatly though, but they are all there for your viewing :)

Quote from: Nige on January 12, 2015, 11:09:56 PM
Good read on the England front.

Can't wait to see Jos Buttler bat again, just so good!
Hehehe Nige, read the England bit again, added another spot at the bottom ;)

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2015, 11:23:38 PM
I have another section I will add to each team as well. It'd get done quicker if I didn't accidently close the tab when I've almost finished the tedious job of putting the squad in a table format. ::)

Edit: I've copied and pasted all the squads in now, I will sort them neatly though, but they are all there for your viewing :)

"The player you don't know about"

With the way you carry on, how can anybody not know about him?

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on January 13, 2015, 10:20:52 AM
Quote from: PowerBug on January 12, 2015, 11:23:38 PM

"The player you don't know about"

With the way you carry on, how can anybody not know about him?
Well, Jayman has managed to come to the conclusion that Ballance is indeed better than one DGB. All his words, not mine. :P
Tongue in cheek comment, do not hate

Capper

Would have thought that the Windies would have been up there in the top 6 especially after this
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-west-indies-2014-15/engine/match/722337.html

But now with Pollard and Bravo out of the world cup, its going to be hard
QuoteAccording to former West Indies fast bowler Michael Holding, Bravo and Pollard were being punished by the WICB for instigating the strike during the Indian tour. The players' legal counsel said his clients were being victimised as well.

Also to make things worse, Gayle and Narine have refused WICB contracts
http://www.espncricinfo.com/westindies/content/story/819755.html

PowerBug

I don't like West Indies because of the off field rubbish they are going through. Can see them being eliminated in the group stages.

South Africa done, sorry this is taking a while

Nige

These are great PB, keep it up.

I assume the Lankan bloke we don't know is Senanayake? He's probably the only one in the Lankan side I don't know too well.

PowerBug

Quote from: Nige on January 15, 2015, 09:54:09 PM

I assume the Lankan bloke we don't know is Senanayake? He's probably the only one in the Lankan side I don't know too well.
Only thing I know about Senanayake is that his action is suspect. There's a few others there Lakmal, Prasad, who I think played tests when last here (pace bowlers iirc).

A few players in the New Zealand and Pakistan squads I don't know either, but how good is it to see Luke Ronchi!

Nige

Quote from: PowerBug on January 15, 2015, 10:54:58 PM
Quote from: Nige on January 15, 2015, 09:54:09 PM

Only thing I know about Senanayake is that his action is suspect. There's a few others there Lakmal, Prasad, who I think played tests when last here (pace bowlers iirc).

A few players in the New Zealand and Pakistan squads I don't know either, but how good is it to see Luke Ronchi!
I reaaaaally like Suranga Lakmal, huge fan of his bowling. Dhammika Prasad is also quite good. Both been around for a little while now.

PowerBug

New Zealand done, I kinda forgot about this, only two to go now, then I'll put my predictions alongside them :)