Main Menu

Best 22 2015

Started by Big Mac, November 16, 2014, 01:52:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Mac

Last year he wasn't made accountable for his man - he was allowed to run free off half back and rack it up at will. Not to mention the team was absolute shower. This year he was actually made to play a role though - which is why he struggled. tbh I have no idea what you mean by him and Roos getting on the same page haha - His disposal will hold him back from ever being best 22 though

Toga

I feel like Terlich is a Bachar Houli type player, in that he flourishes in an unaccountable rebounding defensive role but can struggle in defensive matchups..

Big Mac

77 touched on it in another thread, but I thought I would post it here

Purple 77

Yeah this is the one.

Matt Jones, Jordie Mckenzie and Daniel Cross (although he is a legend) starting in that midfield is not an attractive look  :-\ but the Demonlander harps on about how good McKenzie has been in particular this pre-season.

I would really only have one of McKenzie/Cross in the team. McKenzie has a place in the team, if he can stamp himself as a genuine, consistent and effective tagger.

I'm also buoyed that Fitzpatrick has been mentioned.

But yeah, it seems like there is some serious competition for spots, it's great! Especially when you consider Vince and Watts are in the 22, maybe even Terlich.

Barra13

For me I'd go with;

B: Jetta, McDonald, Garland
HB: Lumumba, Dunn, Grimes
C: Vince, Viney, Cross
HF: Pedo, Dawes, Howe
F: Garlett, Hogan, Kent
Fol: Jamar, N. Jones, Tyson
I/C: Bail, M.Jones, Watts, Salem
Em: Michie, Toumpas

I'd use Howe as a utility if a back/forward big man goes down during a match. I actually prefer the idea of him playing in the back line as those intercept marks are nice rather than a spoil giving the opposition forwards a second chance at scoring, except I just couldn't fit him in there.  :-\

Big Mac

You don't see Frost in the 22 Barra?

Purple 77

Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

Who do you leave out instead? I sorta think he is in there, but dunno who to drop from that team  :-\ Bail maybe? Move Grimes to bench?

Big Mac

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 03, 2015, 08:54:15 PM
Quote from: Big  Mac on February 03, 2015, 08:17:10 PM

Who do you leave out instead? I sorta think he is in there, but dunno who to drop from that team  :-\ Bail maybe? Move Grimes to bench?

He seems to be ahead of Garland at this stage, so maybe him? Or even move Lumumba to the wing and drop Matt Jones - Think Bail might keep his spot because of his forward pressure

Barra13

I am unsure on Frost at the moment. I don't think Bail would be dropped, he is doing everything that is asked at the moment and is a bit of a teachers pet I believe. I also think Matt Jones is in the same boat as Bail, was a reliable cog in the team that did his role last year and is also doing everything that is asked of him.

Barra13

So after the NAB I would like to see the Round 1 team enter as this;

B: Dunn, McDonald, Grimes
HB: Jetta, Frost, Salem
C: Lumumba, Vince, Tyson
HF: Watts, Hogan, Cross
F: Garlett, Pederson, Kent
FOL: Jamar, Jones, Viney

IC: VandenBerg, M.Jones, Howe

SUB: Bail

EM: Newton, Toumpas, Garland

Big Mac

Quote from: Barra13 on March 23, 2015, 08:02:13 PM
So after the NAB I would like to see the Round 1 team enter as this;

B: Dunn, McDonald, Grimes
HB: Jetta, Frost, Salem
C: Lumumba, Vince, Tyson
HF: Watts, Hogan, Cross
F: Garlett, Pederson, Kent
FOL: Jamar, Jones, Viney

IC: VandenBerg, Newton, Howe

SUB: JKH

EM: M. Jones, Toumpas, Garland

I'd probably make these changes - Weird not seeing Bail/Jones in the squad, but I'd much rather JKH as the sub and I think Newton needs to be in there as well

Barra13

I'd probably swap one of Bail/M.Jones for Newton to be honest. Jones hasn't had the best NAB and Bail was shocking through the NAB in my eyes.

Purple 77

Oh  I've thought for a while now that bail and Jones are list fillers, would much prefer to play Newton, Riley, michie etc

Barra13

I didn't think they were too bad, but I think what does it for me is that the new recruits make these guys look bad at just the gap in them. Lumumba and Garlett look electrifying each time they get it in their hands and there is no way you will see that from those 2, it is painfully clear to me that these 2 need to lift the bar and do it now.

Only thing is Riley and Michie haven't show much either.  :-\

Purple 77

Quote from: Barra13 on March 24, 2015, 01:17:32 PM
I didn't think they were too bad, but I think what does it for me is that the new recruits make these guys look bad at just the gap in them. Lumumba and Garlett look electrifying each time they get it in their hands and there is no way you will see that from those 2, it is painfully clear to me that these 2 need to lift the bar and do it now.

Only thing is Riley and Michie haven't show much either.  :-\

I sorta think Riley has shown glimpses when given the right opportunity i.e. I think he shouldn't be a sub candidate, because he is the sort of player that works into games... like, when given 4 quarters, I think he does things.

When they dropped Michie at the end of round 2 last year, I was fairly annoyed as he was far from our worst performer at the time, only for him to then go and break his jaw in the next game for Casey. When he got back in the team for the last few games, I thought he did alright.

But pre-season they haven't attracted any attention at all  :-\