Main Menu

Dees sign five

Started by Ricochet, November 22, 2012, 11:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=151498&utm_medium=RSS

MELBOURNE has locked away five players for the 2013 season.

The club has revealed on its website that Neville Jetta, Tom Gillies, Tom Couch, Troy Davis and Michael Evans have signed one-year contracts.

CrowsFan

One year contracts doesn't show much faith in the players... :-X

Ricochet

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 22, 2012, 12:07:56 PM
One year contracts doesn't show much faith in the players... :-X
yeh thats what i thought. It puts pressure on these boys to perform tho

elephants

I don't mind the idea. I think it's good to not let the players get too comfortable. Especially as None of these blokes are superstars... Yet.

Purple 77

Well, IMO, I think these guys (besides Gillies) were next in line to get the flick, but were saved by the fact that Melbourne didn't have enough quality draft picks and desired trade targets left to fill the spots on the list their departure would make.

But yeah I like this idea, puts pressure on them to perform. But I'm going to say it, IMO; Couch, Davis, Evans and Jetta will get the flick at the end of next year and Gillies will get a contract extension.

Remember that estimate :P

Capper

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 22, 2012, 01:17:26 PM
Well, IMO, I think these guys (besides Gillies) were next in line to get the flick, but were saved by the fact that Melbourne didn't have enough quality draft picks and desired trade targets left to fill the spots on the list their departure would make.

But yeah I like this idea, puts pressure on them to perform. But I'm going to say it, IMO; Couch, Davis, Evans and Jetta will get the flick at the end of next year and Gillies will get a contract extension.

wow really?? Evans yet to play 1s and Couch only 1 game

MTTY

Quote from: Purple 77 on November 22, 2012, 01:17:26 PM

Disagree on Evans, was extremely good in his few games for the Dees (2 or 3) and if over his back problem could be very good this year.