Main Menu

Big Jim R.I.P

Started by Dudge, March 20, 2012, 10:43:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Jim Stynes- one of the most loved people in AFL, has lost his brave battle with cancer. There is not a bad word u could say about this gentle giant. For me personally, he is the most respected person in the AFL, and will be missed by all. Condolences to his family. R.I.P. big fella

Shaggy

Legend of the game, pioneer for the Irish invasion, and a great leader of the Demons. Respected by most and will be missed by all.

Condolences and sincere thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends in this hardest of times.

Rusty00

Very, very sad day  :'(

Fletch74

Quote from: Shaggy on March 20, 2012, 10:52:46 AM
Legend of the game, pioneer for the Irish invasion, and a great leader of the Demons. Respected by most and will be missed by all.

Condolences and sincere thoughts and prayers go to his family and friends in this hardest of times.
Quote from: Rusty00 on March 20, 2012, 11:01:54 AM
Very, very sad day  :'(
Can't say anymore than the above.. May Jim RIP

Grazz

So sad to hear that Jim lost his battle this morning. There probably isnt another gentleman that is as respected and loved by so many from all sides of football. I hoped and prayed like thousands of others that you would come out victorious Jim but it wasnt to be. God bless you, my deepest sympathy to your family and freinds and to all from the Melbourne Football Club. We have all lost a giant of the game and in life. So very sad. R.I.P.

RiOtChEsS

truBLUE

JS you are a LEGEND ,thnx for some great memories never forgotten ,R.I.P jim

Purple 77

A true inspiration to us all. The world just lost one of its most important parts  :(

McRooster

Quote from: McRooster on March 20, 2012, 09:33:43 PM
Jim.

You touched so many lives, more than you will know, thankyou for your strength.

You enriched my own resilience every time I read about you or saw you. I have been able to draw on that sense of feeling 'close' to you with respect to our fights for the cause.

Today we have not lost, today we will remember the passion behind the fight and use it in our mission to become winners against this evil disease.

My thoughts are with your family.

*HP - you may remember this one, and it is on these sad occasions that unfortunately I too remember.

Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road,
to sweet eternity.
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all were meant to learn some things,
but never meant to stay...
Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.