Main Menu

Gentleman Jim loses battle

Started by Dudge, March 20, 2012, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

A really sad day for all Australians, Jimmy was a truly inspirational man. Not only was he a fantastic player and ambassador for the game, but his work with the Reach Foundation has changed countless lives for the better. Many years ago l had the good fortune to meet him at a seminar for youth workers and found him to be incredibly passionate, knowledgable, inspirational man commited to the youth of Australia. R.I.P. Jimmy Stynes memories oy you, and your amazing legacy will live on

Football Factory

Jim Stynes was a student teacher of mine at Kew Primary School. At lunch time we used to kick the footy and he would kick the length of our ground we would all try to mark it  :)  . I was very sad when the time came for him to leave and my mum gave me a melbourne mug to give him when he left. Thinking about it now it wasnt really a sad day when he left because he was still here trying to make peoples lives better .. Today is truly the sad day .. Rest in Peace Jimmy

Hawka

R.I.P Jimmy true legend of the game
As i turned the computer on at about 10am unaware of this i logged into the herald sun website and felt huge sadness and i think i almost shed a tear.huge loss

pyronerd

McRooster

Jim.

You touched so many lives, more than you will know, thankyou for your strength.

You enriched my own resilience every time I read about you or saw you. I have been able to draw on that sense of feeling 'close' to you with respect to our fights for the cause.

Today we have not lost, today we will remember the passion behind the fight and use it in our mission to become winners against this evil disease.

My thoughts are with your family.

*HP - you may remember this one, and it is on these sad occasions that unfortunately I too remember.

Life is but a stopping place,
A pause in what's to be,
A resting place along the road,
to sweet eternity.
We all have different journeys,
Different paths along the way,
We all were meant to learn some things,
but never meant to stay...
Our destination is a place,
Far greater than we know.
For some the journey's quicker,
For some the journey's slow.
And when the journey finally ends,
And we've spoken our last word,
Peace be with you Jimmy,
Your message has been heard.

Big_Cox14

I heard about the sad news on JJJ this morning.  :'(

Jim Stynes was not only a great player in AFL but he also did a lot of work in the community to help those in need. You are a truly inspirational person and a great role model for the community. Sad to hear that you lost your battle with cancer.

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.

RIP Jimmy

Dudge

Roost. losing mum and dad in the last 3 years, that hit the spot :(

Zombie2.5

Jim stynes
Rest... In... Peace
:( :-X :'(

What a legend, and a great man, so sad

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Dudge on March 20, 2012, 10:21:14 PM
Roost. losing mum and dad in the last 3 years, that hit the spot :(

Sorry to hear that Dudge.
I too lost my Aunty at 45years of age but as she eluded to in her life and Jimmy did too, one must come to grips with death before they can make the best of life.

ossie85

Not since the passing of Teddy Whitten has there been a greater loss to the AFL

Ringo

Jim was very good player who wore his hear on his sleevvery passionate about Melbourne and my condolonces to his family and the Melbourne Football Club. Agree with Oss that there has been no greater loss to the AFL sinc Ted Whitten

johnnytheboy1

Jim Stynes was a Legend at the Melbourne Football Club & a Great family he will be sadly missed by all. He was far too young to Die. I urge everyone on here to Donate to the Perter MacCallum Foundation.  R :'(.I.P.
See the link below

https://foundation.petermac.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=456