Main Menu

Barry Prendergast Quits

Started by Purple 77, January 15, 2012, 03:06:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

The melbourne recruiting manager has quit the demons after 4 years of service. His first recruit was Jack Watts and his last was rookie Leigh Williams.

In this whole time, he has recruited:

2008                                 2009                                 2010                                          2011
Jack Watts, ND#1Tom $cully, ND#1Lucas Cook, ND#12Rory Taggert ND#36
Sam Blease, ND#17Jack Trengove, ND#2Jeremy Howe, ND#33Josh Tynan, ND#52
James Strauss, ND#19Jordan Gysberts, ND#11Troy Davis, ND#50James Sellar, ND#54
Jamie Bennell, ND#35Luke Tapscott, ND#18Tom McDonald, ND#53Mitch Clark (Trade)
Neville Jetta, ND#51Max Gawn, ND#34Daniel Nicholson, RD#14Jai Sheahan, RD#6
Rohan Bail, ND#64Jack Fitzpatrick, ND#50Michael Evans, RD#31Tom Couch, RD#24
Liam Jurrah, PSD#1Joel Macdonald, PSD#1Kelvin Lawrence, RD#48James Magner, RD#42
Rhys Healy, RD#17Jordie McKenzie, RD#1Cameron Johnston, RD#63Leigh Williams, RD#59
Jake Spencer, RD#35John Meeson, RD#22Robert Campbell, RD#75

Im pretty sure i got all of them........... i left out rookie promotions and re-drafts from players who were originally recruited by Craig Cameron.

Anyway, I rate preendergast as unique and different when it came to his recruiting. HE NEVER (besides $cully and trengove), chose the most obvious player, which was frustrating and usually the wrong decision. But he was right a few times.

Overall, he did a good job rebuilding the list and did what was right for the club and not chasing the big targets in a trade period and instead waiting for the right time, like 2011.

Cicjose

They still need a ruckman to support Jamar

Purple 77

I thought Martin did a pretty good job, and Spencer looks the goods when not injured, same with Gawn. Clark can also ruck.

Cicjose

I agree but is Martin the long term answer?

Gawn has had injuries

you guys picked Clark to help Watts not sure how much time he will spend helping Jamar

the flying hawk

$cully lol are robert campbell could do some ruck work if he could get into the team but martin is a good option reason being clark will serve the demons better in the forward line

Cicjose

Campbell and Sellar will probably help Jamar

but only Campbell has any sort of pedigree having been part of the 2008 Hawks premiership side

Purple 77

Campbell has retired........ just put him in there coz he was recruited tis all

Master Q

Good luck to who ever's next... He'll need it  :P