Main Menu

Bruce leaves...

Started by Boomz, November 06, 2010, 08:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cookie311993

very interesting to see how team goes with youth and not as much exp.

BoredSaint

nah plenty of talent coming through.. many arent even getting a game..

roo boys!

dylsta05

melbourne going to be very good this year and years to come

roo boys!

Ended up went to hawks didn't he?

Bluke

Bad mistake dropping Bruce, McDonald and Miller IMO. Will cause their rise up the ladder to faulter. They will miss their experience, bigger bodies and skill in the big games against the big teams.

Bad call there on behalf of Melbourne.

Alex7089

Don't see why myself. Might mean that they stagnate this year in terms of ladder positioning but it will fast track the development of their youth, they can inject experience into them and they will get more opportunities in the club. They aren't going for instant success, so IMO they are better off brining the potential premiership players through.

hawk_88

Quote from: Alex7089 on April 07, 2011, 10:33:02 AM
Don't see why myself. Might mean that they stagnate this year in terms of ladder positioning but it will fast track the development of their youth, they can inject experience into them and they will get more opportunities in the club. They aren't going for instant success, so IMO they are better off brining the potential premiership players through.

I think you need some senior leadership. What happened on Sunday evening was pretty bad and it doesn't help development in the slightest. You don't just learn by playing, but also by example.

Bluke

I agree in the long run it wont hurt them. But people expected alot from them coming into this season. I think they've been overhyped, especially because of the loss of those players.

I just dont think people should expect them to climb the ladder much this season, which may bring about the end of Bailey if a suitable replacement (MM) is on the market (which wouldnt be a bad outcome for melbourne in the slightest).